Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of 1961?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good up until the whole "Alice is alive and been living in the freaking bunker for fifty freaking years" thing.

I'm a little upset by that, can you tell?

It just wasn't...realistic. And it was stupid. I mean, wouldn't she just go crazy with no human contact, no interaction, for such a long amount of time? That was my first thought. Plus it was just dumb, powers or not. If it were me, I'd try to get over it, learn to control my powers, look for Angela and that would be that. Like this person said, it was absurd. Didn't make any sense at all!

Everything about the episode was cool except Alice or should I make that OLD and CRAZY Alice.. I laughed until I cried seeing her...it was ridiculous. It would've been far more effective having Angela find her grave and have her weep over her bones. Instead we got an absurd story of Alice surviving alone for 50 years in the middle of nowhere. But granted theres a town and diner nearby. And apparently she "does what she has too in order to survive". Meaning steal from town folk and whatnot. Are we to believe she never wanted to find her sister? EVER? COME ON, I feel it was a dumb move by the writers to have a grown Alice...It's just DUMB.
    Agreed!!

Plus from the previews, I was-for some crazy reason-thinking they were, I don't know, gonna have Alice trapped in some kind of time warp thing where she didn't age and Angela was going to try and save her. I know it sounds wierd, but that's what I thought was going to happen. Certainly wouldn've been better then what we got.
    Hmm. Maybe I should try my hand at a Heroes fan-fic.

...LOL, nah. It would just end up being about how hot Mohinder is. Or Peter.
    Self-insertion, hehehe.

Anyway, I give it an 8. I was ready to give it a 10, but seeing as how I hated the ending, that gets points off.

Comment

Lots of lameness in this ep. This volume in general has been quite lame of course, but this ep put a definitive stamp on it. A very dumbed down volume, filled with cliche ideas, villain/hero motivations/relationships and plotlines, but I guess a necessary move after the incomprehensible mess that was the previous volume. Anyway, the end was the best part, although I find it odd that the calculating Sylar would be dumb enough to pose as Nathan publicly without taking him out first. Take a lesson from liquid metal and take out what or who you're gonna replace first, Sylar. But I guess it's just part of his having fun, as afterall he recently revealed that for him, "power" is good for two things: Screwing with people, or simply screwing people. So he's taking joy from screwing around with Nathan and company, because he can. He's being sloppy/impulsive on purpose, it's part of the kick he's getting.

5/10

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
      Everything about the episode was cool except Alice or should I make that OLD and CRAZY Alice.. I laughed until I cried seeing her...it was ridiculous. It would've been far more effective having Angela find her grave and have her weep over her bones. Instead we got an absurd story of Alice surviving alone for 50 years in the middle of nowhere. But granted theres a town and diner nearby. And apparently she "does what she has too in order to survive". Meaning steal from town folk and whatnot. Are we to believe she never wanted to find her sister? EVER? COME ON, I feel it was a dumb move by the writers to have a grown Alice...It's just DUMB. I rated it a 5/10.
      Felt the same way, and gave the same score too. This whole volume has been kinda dumb, but as always, still a fun show to watch.

Comment

I thought it was great 10/10

Comment

I really liked it. I gave it a nine.

BUT
          The way the massacre got started was very bizarre.
          Alice the adult. 50 years in the same place?
          Keeping her alive was pretty useless, but it did end up bringing the Petrelli's together. If it's only purpose.

And I couldn't figure out who the boy with the glasses was supposed to be?

The Charles Deveaux and Angela scenes were so cute.
          Last edited by LuthorKent90; 04-19-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I was in love with this episode. I am a total sucker for flashback origin stories. So this was my favorite episode in this volume. I loved the black and white and all the actors did such a good job. I was blown away with the episode. I wish Heroes could keep momentum, which it never does...

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
            And I couldn't figure out who the boy with the glasses was supposed to be?
            That was Elle's dad, Robert (Bob) Bishop.

Comment

Loved it. Always do when they go back in time. Nice to see young Angela and some of the other founders of Primatech. Alice is freakin bats**t crazy. I guess you would be to if you got your parents and a ton of others killed because you couldn't keep your cool.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎