No announcement yet.

Beyond Smallville: Time Shards 3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gardy1
    ... (Cue Dr. Fate, in an upcoming installment) Couldn't resist the tease ...
    gardy1
    Cann't wait!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Comment

Spun From Defiance cont'd

Hal Jordan’s investigation of the fleeing ships, turned up a disturbing trend. The assault vessels bore no markings, save for the traditional purple and red flag bearing the skull and crossed bones. These attacks were becoming commonplace on the high seas. Nearly every port of a newly developing country, had stories of secret, well organized, terrorist types who harassed and robbed wayfaring ships.

Scene: The Greek Port of Achilles.

Jenna Dathos was busted down to second officer, serving on small American Naval vessels along the coast of Greece. Their missions were primarily supply runs between the myriad of Mediterranean isles. Some thought it to be a cushy job, but Jenna wanted responsibility and adventure.

She was lucky that her powerful Aunt, Senator Mariah Pocious had kept her from being Court Marshaled or busted to Naval cook in the middle of nowhere. The brass had decided to return the command of the USS Kansas City to Captain Fitzpatrick. Their judgement was that Jenna was too young for such a powerful command. They felt that the Asian Pacific incident should’ve been handled better.

Jenna often said that anyone could armchair quarterback her decision making, but deep down she still had some doubts that perhaps she could’ve handled the situation better, maybe with more experience...her thoughts were interrupted by a call from her current Captain, Geno Starkos, stating that suspicious vessels had been seen nosing around the Greek port of Achilles.

“Morning Little Jenna,” Starkos greeted his young charge. She’d come to view Starkos as a surrogate grandfather, given that he’d been sailing around Greece for forty years. Jenna still held her rank of Lt. Commander, but out here in the sticks, that rank didn’t mean much.

She mostly filled out paperwork, and tracked supplies, fuel, and such by her government issue laptop. “Morning, Captain.” She smiled pleasantly. The other men ogled young Jenna, who opted to wear a Naval Blue camouflage halter top, and Naval issue shorts. Her long tan legs glistened in the bright Mediterranean sun.

“Back to work, scoundrels!” Starkos barked at the gawking young men that served under his command. The other officers, sergeants, and privates all quickly resumed their daily duties without so much as a wolf whistle at Jenna. They were well trained, but for one reason or another ended up serving in the Greek Isle boonies. “They’re good people, Jenna, a bit lazy and self serving though!” He critiqued loudly. Jenna snickered.

It had been over six weeks since the Asian Pacific incident and Jenna’s subsequent reassignment. Captain Starkos instinctively knew that Jenna didn’t belong with the rabble that served under him. She was tough, and driven, not easily satisfied with just doing her job. He guided her into his ship’s conference room.

“Jenna, these incidents we’ve been talking about around the Port of Achilles are no coincidence.” Starkos began without preamble. “The word in the shipping lanes is that we’re being scoped out by pirates.” He stopped to let that idea register with Jenna, who was busily tying her raven black hair in a ponytail.

“Are you serious, Captain?” Jenna halted her movement. “Deadly serious, my friend. Not your Hollywood aargh type of Pirates. These scum are high tech, ruthless, greedy, bloodthirsty thieves, who won’t let anything stand in the way of their nefarious goals.”

“Does the Port Authority know?” Jenna inquired logically. “Sure. But given the amount of international red tape all of these local bureaucrats wade through, most won’t bother to do much about it.” Starkos continued. “They only react, when the pirates do something bold, brazen, and obvious.”

“Like attempt to hijack cargo ships...even when they’re guarded by an American Naval destroyer.” She remarked cynically. “Exactly!” Starkos grinned as his wrinkled, sunburnt skin, receded from his lips. “When you fired on one of their own, you became an instant target for vengeance.”

Jenna was getting angry. “You think they followed me specifically to Greece?” She asked skeptically. “Followed you? No. I do think that they spread the word amongst their own that you arrived here, though.” Starkos replied. “How would they even know...unless...” Jenna’s dark thoughts took over.

“Unless they have some people on the inside.” She finished her thought. “In the US Navy? Pirate accomplices?” Starkos nodded gravely. “Aye. Someone knows that you’re here.” Starkos added with certainty. “I’d better tell my Aunt Mariah. She has connections.” Jenna decided.

“That’s a good idea, my friend.” Starkos agreed. “Still, she’ll be dragged through the same red tape as all the rest.” Jenna was getting fired up. She felt an unusually strong adrenaline surge coarse through her veins. “I’d better not ever see them, or so help me, there’ll be hell to pay!” She snapped.

Starkos laughed. “I believe you would best them, little one! They’ve a right to fear you!” Jenna smirked as the Captain dismissed her and returned to the bridge. Later that night, when Jenna was off duty, she ventured into the seedier side of the Greek Port of Achilles.

She passed by the ‘Admiral’s Club’, a strip bar where all the young Naval personnel hung out, and walked warily along the wharf, eyeing everyone suspiciously. Jenna carried a small sidearm for her protection, but hoped that she wouldn’t have to use it.

As Jenna neared the last bar on the strip, called the Golden Ax, a few creepy characters took notice of the attractive young Naval officer. She was dressed in a common one piece bathing suit, its bottom covered by a sensible flowered skirt, her hair had been released from its tight bun, cascading down her bare back.

She was aware that the creeps were watching her, but showed no fear. After all, Jenna did graduate at the top of her martial arts class back at West Point, and possessed several black belts and trophies to prove her worth. At the end of the strip, she noticed a group of sailors that appeared to be African or Middle Eastern, hanging around in the shadows. They seemed suspicious. Jenna checked it out.

They could be into smuggling, drugs, or literally anything illicit that you can transport over the sea. Jenna mused as she circled in closer to them. She put one hand on her sidearm, clicking off its safety. “Good evening, boys. Out for a moonlight stroll, are we?” Jenna sneered as she aggressively approached them.

“What’s it to you, missy?” One nasty looking light skinned goon said in a heavy South African accent. “We ain’t done nothin.” A second darker skinned man said. “See that it stays that way.” Jenna threatened as she slowed her approach. “Who are you the bloody police?” A third dark skin man asked.

“Something like that.” Jenna circled them, noting that two more creeps had ventured out of the shadows behind them. Five against one, this could be fun, Jenna’s youthful exuberance surfaced. Please, make a move, she silently wished, as she came around to their left side and faced them.

“Hey, what are you playin’ at?” The dark skinned guy asked. “We got rights to be here.” Jenna nodded. “Did I say that you didn’t?” she challenged. Jenna figured that she couldn’t goad them into anything at the moment. She had the advantage of surprise. No one had ever seen her on the wharf before.

The goons didn’t quite know what to make of her. Two of the creeps prowled out behind Jenna. They started to close in on her. In seconds, the barrel of her standard issue Naval pistol faced them. She’d aimed the pistol at the nearest goon’s head behind her, without taking her eyes off of the rogues in front of her. “I wouldn’t!” Jenna snarled as the two guys behind her froze in their tracks.

With an equally swift move, Jenna whipped out a long barreled silver pistol from the elastic waistband on her swimsuit with her left hand, and cocked it, aiming it at the dark skinned creep’s face. Jenna always carried a spare gun, and its cold hard steel felt reassuring against her warm, humid skin.

“I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings, of course.” Jenna narrowed her eyes and lowered her voice in a calm threatening manner. “We wouldn’t want that, now would we?” She baited. “No, bloody hell, no way, we’ve got no weapons, y’know.” The dark skinned guy backpedaled a bit.

“Good. Keep it that way.” Jenna spun in place slowly tracing the heads of all the goons with both guns. “I think that hard working, fine young gentlemen like yourselves ought to go home and get some rest.” She snarled, waving the guns at them suggestively. “Yeah, that’s the ticket.” A light skinned creep began, as he turned away from Jenna. “Boys, aren’t we tired? We have a lot o’work to do tomorrow.”

“Yeah, bloody well right.” Another brown skinned rogue said from behind them. “A good night’s rest will do us all a world o’good.” The dark skinned guy snapped his fingers, and the goons peeled away one by one, each taking a different direction. “G’night miss.” He added as Jenna kept a watchful eye on him and his cohorts. Jenna waited for them to leave before investigating the remainder of the wharf.

Jenna examined every ship in the Port of Achilles over the next few nights, but had still come up empty. I know those pirates are here somewhere, she silently encouraged herself. I’ve got to find them, and determine what they’re up to. As luck would have it, The Paramore, an Australian cargo ship had just pulled into a Port of Achilles slip. They had a number of expensive items on board.

Scene: On board the Paramore.

Jenna had spoken with Captain Murray, and his First Officer, Scott Ryan, both Americans, who sailed the Paramore. They offered her a tour of the ship, and for a small fee, the ship’s cargo itinerary. There were plenty of inventory items that could be sold on the black market for some big money.

The Paramore was a very tempting target for pirates, terrorists, or any criminal organization worth it’s salt. Jenna decided that this was her opportunity to lay a trap for any wrongdoers. She informed the Captain of her plans, after clarifying that this wasn’t an official American Naval operation.

Jenna was freelancing, and disguised herself as a member of the Paramore’s crew. Captain Murray gave her a detailed list of the crew and its duties, complete with shift times, approved lunches and breaks, and the Paramore’s fairly aggressive work schedule, for a nominal fee of course.

Jenna was all set. All she had to do now is wait for a robbery attempt. Her confidence was so high, that she toyed with the idea of telling Captain Starkos that she’ll be taking a few days off this week. The pieces were all in place. Now, would Jenna’s efforts be rewarded?

Back in Metropolis:

The young Amazon princess, Diana vaulted upward from the busy city street. She hadn’t been in Man’s World for many years. Every growing season that the Amazons went through on Themyscira seemed to last ten years in the Man’s world, within our current reality.

The Man’s World had changed greatly, Diana observed. The red, blue, and gold sacred outfit of the Amazon princess stood out like a sore thumb on this gray, cool, and overcast day. Many passers by gawked at the scantily clad raven haired beauty. Most paid her no mind, thinking Diana a hooker or something. A few men wolf whistled at her as she deftly climbed a tall tree.

Overall, the people of Metropolis were in too much of a hurry to waste time gaping. Diana leapt upward from tree to tree, eventually swinging from a tall street light. This gave her an unobstructed view of the gleaming populous city. Skyscrapers seemed to reach high into the heavens, Diana mused.

“Great Gaia!” Diana craned her neck, and still couldn’t see the peaks of the taller buildings. “These structures pierce the very heavens, as grand as Mount Olympus itself.” She muttered. Below her, cars, trucks, and buses whizzed by, some honking their ubiquitous horns at the obvious distraction perched above them. “Hera, protect me!” Diana gasped, nearing tears.

After taking a moment to calm her fears, Diana slid down the streetlight pole, and chose to walk normally among the people. Her six foot frame towered over many residents of the Midwestern city. The denizens of Metropolis parted as Diana approached like a ship cutting through a sea surf.

Children gawked, males sneered, and females snorted as Diana walked amongst them. The Metropolis Police Department had been summoned. The call came over Clark and Lois’s police scanner. “There’s a disturbance down on Sixth and Main, Smallville.” Lois announced. “You want to check it out?”

Clark hadn’t been paying enough attention to Lois since they’d gotten back from Zatanna’s impromptu trip into a fantasy of Lois’s past. “Sure. It’s a slow night. I could use a walk.” He agreed, smiling at her briefly. “Great! Heels up in five!” Lois sounded delighted to be getting out of the office.

She quickly went to the restroom as Clark tried to zero in on the source of the police department’s dismay. His superior hearing picked up the scanner’s info, though its volume had been turned way down.
      “...woman on lamppost causing distraction...please advise.” He picked that up as Lois returned. “Ready?” She asked, grabbing her reporter’s notepad and pen.

“Let’s roll.” Clark smirked. In truth he was just glad to be going somewhere with Lois. The two of them had been growing closer every day. Lois playfully held his hand as she led him towards the elevator. Since they’d been promoted to cub reporters, Lois and Clark had moved their cubicles to the eighth floor. Which conveniently had a storeroom with a window for Clark to climb out of if need be.

The young couple wandered out into the cool, crisp, evening air. “So Smallville, penny for your thoughts?” Lois flirtatiously invited. “I was just thinking about you.” Clark returned the flirt. “See, I knew that you’d come around to me.” Lois snickered as she drew him closer to her. “What do you mean, Lois?” Clark was truly puzzled by her behavior, yet she kept him on his toes.

“Don’t play coy with me Clark.” Lois stopped and turned to face him, gazing into his eyes. “You promised me a second date.” She reminded him, and reached up to kiss his cheek. “I promised you?” Clark could swear that it had been the other way around.

more

Comment

Spun From Defiance cont'd

Scene:Walking Along Seventh Avenue in Metropolis

"Yes." Lois beamed. "I'm thinking a nice relaxing Monster Truck rally, followed by a few brewskis at The Olde Hen saloon, down near the waterfront." Clark smiled, though he was caught off guard by Lois's aggressiveness. Still, it was one of the things he liked most about her. Lois could certainly stand on her own two feet. "Sounds good! The rally is Friday night, correct?"

"That's affirmative, Smallville!" Lois accelerated her pace towards the disruption on Sixth and Main. An MPD squad car drove by, but wasn't really in that much of a hurry. They arrived on scene, but only saw tons of people milling about. "Hey! Book 'em Dano!" Lois pointed a finger at Detective Dan Turpin.

"Lane? Slow night?" Dan asked, as he chewed on the end of a cigar. "I doubt if jay walkers would ever get you two that front page story." Clark scowled. "Jay walker?" He parroted. "I don't know what else to charge her with." Dan began. "Scoop is that some broad in a red and blue swimsuit jumped from trees to lampposts, and frightened a number of drivers who thought that the kid was drunk or on drugs."

"A red swimsuit?" Lois scribbled that down. "It's got to be about forty five degrees out here." Clark began to wonder about this woman. "Yeah, some pedestrians thought that she was hookin', y'know, tryin' to drum up business. I notified vice, but they hadn't seen her or filed any complaints against her."

"Do we have a description, Detective?" Clark asked officially. "Hold on. Lenny, you got a descrip on this broad?" He shouted at a nearby patrol officer. "Here you go, chief." Dan read from a police report. "Yeah, six foot tall if she was an inch, long black hair, long tan legs, red, blue, and gold swimsuit, silver bracers on each wrist, and a gold lasso draped around her waist."

Clark gulped. That could only be one person, he guessed, but how? "Woo Hoo!" Lois voiced a country girl yee haw to go with it. "Sounds like your type, Turpin." Lois quipped. "So she didn't really break any laws then?" Turpin shook his head. "We got nothin'. I was about to send the boys home. Sorry Lane, Kent, a Pulitzer Prize winning story this ain't."

"You got that, right, Dano." Lois slapped closed her notepad. "Sorry Clark, I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for a good story. This city's a cesspool, you'd think that there would be a story around every corner." Lois shrugged. "We'll just have to walk through Metro Central Park." She flirted.

Clark was already considering that he might be wrong, but the evidence did suggest Diana, the Amazon Princess. Lois didn't recall their fantasy trip onto Amazon Island, but what if Diana did? They held hands and slowly ventured through the Central Park. Lois hugged him, and Clark reflexively put his arm around her slim waist. They passed a beautiful city fountain, now shut down for the upcoming winter.

"Clarkkent?" A husky female voice said from above them. Lois glanced up, and gawked. Diana, in her full costume, sat on a thick tree branch about twenty feet above them. Immediately, she vaulted down to the sidewalk, landing gracefully. "Hera be praised!" Diana hugged Clark, accidentally shoving Lois to the side. "Hey, listen sister...!" Lois challenged.

"Of course, Lois Lane! The Amazon Nation owes you a great debt." Diana smiled though she placed herself between the young couple. "Huh? Clark, please tell me that this is not another one of your nutty ex-girlfriends!" Lois snapped as Clark rolled his eyes.

more

Comment

Thanks

Sadly, Smallville will be ending this season, though i'm still hoping for a sequel or spin off series, if not, i'll keep writing. The stories will be at my website;

thanks for reading.
          gardy1

Comment

Time Shards 3: Paradox

Paradox!

Clark led Diana, much to Lois’s objection, back to the Daily Planet. He had no idea how to explain the Amazon princess’s appearance in Metropolis to Lois, or how to delineate the time line between the nearly two hundred year old, magic inspired, alternate reality that Lois’s fantasy had created.

Diana’s natural curiosity had kept her mind and mouth busy so far, Clark observed. She remarked on every facet of the Metropolis city life on Man’s World. Many men and women gawked at Diana’s revealing, yet somehow patriotic, swimsuit-like outfit. Others of both sexes simply ignored her.

A drunken American sailor and his equally inebriated pals laughingly saluted Diana as she passed by, their blurred vision still able to pick out the stars and stripes on her suit. Lois silently fumed. Maybe if I walked around in that outfit, Clark would pay more attention to me, she thought sourly.

Clark helped Diana navigate the strange spinning doors that led into the Daily Planet’s one hundred and fifty year old lobby. Lois followed closely, nearly tripping over Diana as she stopped to glance at an image of a fanciful sea creature that had been created in gold plated brass.

There were many such gold and brass fantasy creatures sculpted into the lobby’s decor. The whole building had been refurbished in the early 1900's. “That is the sign of the Under-dwellers!” Diana commented loudly, her voice rising above the din of the influx of people talking on their cell phones, or carrying on long distance conversations across the lobby.

“Under-dwellers?” Lois parroted, instantly smelling an additional storyline. “Yes, Lois Lane. No one has seen nor heard from them since the period wars began in your early twentieth century.” Diana attempted to explain, but drew only a blank stare from both Lois and Clark.

Clark guided the confused Amazon to the elevator, and pressed a button. “You use machines to elevate you?” Diana scoffed. “No wonder so many people of Man’s World are obese. You would never catch an Amazon worth the feathers in her hair in such a place, especially if a stairway is nearby.”

The doors swung open, and a single male passenger leaned against the back of the elevator car, dutifully hiding his face from them behind the latest edition of the Daily Planet. The three friends ignored the guy as Lois pressed the button for their eighth floor newsroom offices.

“So, Clark, does meeting a princess from a foreign land qualify as front page news yet?” She threw in the dig, not really expecting an answer from him. “One step at a time, Lois, one step at a time.” Clark replied. Truth be told, he still hadn’t figured out a logical explanation to feed Lois. He mentally chuckled, considering the truth would be by far the most bizarre story to tell.

The elevator reached their floor, and as usual, in gentlemanly fashion, Clark stepped aside so the ladies could be the first ones out. “Uh...Kent...a word please?” The man’s deep voice surprised him. “Now is not a really good time...” Clark began as he turned to face...himself!

Clark’s eyes widened as he saw himself, several years in the future. He’d bulked up quite a bit, had shorter, slicked back hair, and wore black rimmed glasses that seemed to be too big for his face. “Oh...I think that you’ll want to hear this...roof...ten minutes, and leave the girls behind.”

“Okay.” Clark the younger, stammered. With that, the elder Clark zipped past him in hyper-speed and zoomed up the fire escape through a conveniently opened window. The breeze disrupted Lois’s hair.

The front locks of her hair momentarily blocked her view of Diana, who was already examining a nearby computer system, after shoving Cat Grant out of the way. “Hey! You can’t do that!” Grant whined. “Relax sister.” Diana began in a level tone. “This device has been talked about much on Themyscira.” Cat Grant shuddered from the cool breeze, and moved away from the much taller and muscular Diana.

“You know about computers and the Internet?” Clark was surprised. “Yes Clark Kent. Every so often, with my mother’s permission, an Amazon warrior may earn the right through battle contests to come to Man’s World and learn.” Clark scowled. “Hippolita sends spies into Man’s...our world?”

“Of course.” Diana’s big blue green eyes met his. “We must keep up with our enemy’s interests for security reasons. Additionally, the latest medical supplies, and technology can be made useful to the Amazon Nation. The old traditional cures do not always save our sisters’ lives.”

“First of all, Diana, we are not the enemy of the Amazons.” Clark continued to scowl. “Secondly, do you think that its right for your people to spy on the world and steal technology?” Diana placed her long arms on her shapely hips. “Clark Kent, we do what we must to survive. Its not as if your own people don’t conspire together to spy on each other and steal technology.” The Amazon beauty defended.

“She’s got you there, Smallville.” Lois quipped, and Clark had almost forgotten that she was listening, as was Cat Grant. “You people are all nuts, you know that?” Cat whined. “I’m going to break. Let me know when your girlfriends are done with my PC, I still have work to do!” Cat turned on her heel and left.

“By the way, Princess Diana, Clark is my boyfriend.” Lois reminded her in an even tone. “Of course, Lois Lane.” Diana didn’t sound offended in any way, and was acting in a truly regal manner. “I haven’t met many men, but Clark Kent seems to be a truly honorable warrior.” She added diplomatically.

Immediately, Lois felt bad about being jealous of the elegant, yet strange, Diana. “Uh...Lois, can you show Diana how to access the public information on the Internet?” She cast a puzzled glance at him. “I have to do...something.” Clark couldn’t think up a good enough lie, and resisted doing so. The sooner that I stop lying to Lois, the better. He thought convincingly. “Now?” Lois scoffed. Clark shrugged.

“Whatever!” Lois said as she returned her attention to Diana. In the blink of an eye, Clark was gone. Lois had intended to glance at his backside before he left, but he’d moved too fast for her. Moved too fast? She suddenly thought. He does that quite a lot.... The computer beeped startling Diana briefly.

“It certainly makes odd noises.” The Amazon Princess observed, as some pictures about the U.S. Government appeared. Clark the younger had zipped up to the rooftop, and sure enough, there stood Clark the elder, dressed in a bulky gray trench coat, and holding a 1950's style, creased felt hat.

“What’s this about?” Clark the younger demanded. “It’s about the future.” Clark the elder began. “Ours, Lois’s, The Justice League’s, The Amazons, The Under Dwellers, and in fact this entire world’s.” The younger Clark stalked the older one, and examined his body and face in detail.

“I certainly gained some weight.” The younger Clark commented. “Don’t blame fast food or our mom’s cooking.” The elder Kent joked. “Our bodies pack on more density the longer we remain on Earth.”

“But I’m here to tell you that you must act now to create the Justice League. In my time, I waited too long, obsessed with keeping my secret. It cost many lives...including everyone’s that we loved.” Amidst this grim tale, the younger Clark noticed a gold wedding band on the elder Clark’s finger.

more

Comment

you gonna leave it like this?! MORE PLEASE!

Comment

Last time on Time Shards 3: Orange

A time paradox has developed, causing the elder Superman and the younger Clark Kent to face off against one another high upon the Daily Planet's rooftop. "I have to stop a possible 'dirty bomb' from exploding near Metropolis Bay. It came in on board a foreign freighter." The elder Clark informed him. "Do you need any help?" Clark the younger offered.

"No, I've got this." Clark the elder began. "This just keeps getting weirder." He added. "Lois is about to head out to cover an uprising among the middle-east terrorists in Africa. You can keep an eye on her for me. The dirty bomb incident won't take long." Clark the elder began to strip off his suit, revealing his now famous blue Superman outfit, the House of El's 'S' like symbol displayed proudly on his chest.

"How did you find out about the dirty bomb?" Clark the younger asked. "You told me." Clark the elder replied as he gave his mirror image a mock salute and flew off towards Metropolis Bay. Clark the younger zipped back downstairs to the newsroom where he'd left Lois and Diana.

The young Amazon princess frowned at what she watched via the internet. Lois worriedly glanced over Diana's broad shoulder. "Clark! There you are!" She snapped. "Heels up in five, Smallville! Perry just ordered us to cover the new terrorist crisis that had just developed. The cultists have just amassed an army and attacked several international institutions, like the Allies' Consulates."

Wonder Woman cast a puzzled glance at the journalistic couple. "Clark Kent?" Diana asked. "How, as a mortal, can you stop the advancing terrorist army?" Superman stammered. "Uh…I guess this is it! Lois! Diana! We have to talk." He began warily. "Oh no!" Lois gasped, sounding horrified. "You're going to dump me?" Her voiced rose as tears gathered in the corners of her eyes.

"What? No! This is about our next move!" Clark teased. "We can't talk here! Let's gather our things and meet at the farm." He suggested. "The farm in Smallville?" Lois was skeptical. "What about heading straight out to Metropolis International Airport? Security pass through will be a bear!"

"You use a bear for security?" Diana echoed the strange terminology. "Huh? No!" Lois replied. Superman's eyes sparkled as he teased the women. Diana and Lois exchanged troubled glances. "Clark Kent, you are a strange one." Wonder Woman commented.

"Oh, you have no idea!" Lois remarked playfully. "Ladies? Let's go!" Clark urged. He wanted them out of sight by the time Clark the elder returned. Superman, Lois, and Diana gathered near the seventh floor elevator lobby. "Let's go into the supplies room." Clark instructed them.

"Um, Clark, I like to think that I can keep an open mind, but I don't know about sharing…" Lois said nervously, as Diana stared at them blankly. "What?" Superman had missed Lois's point entirely. "Just trust me." Diana and Lois followed him dutifully into the dimly lit, stuffy, office supply room.

"Okay, well this isn't how I'd pictured…" Lois began as Clark shut the door behind them. He subsequently opened the window and stepped out onto the ledge.

"Wait! Smallville! What are you doing?" Lois sounded hysterical. Diana caught on, and followed Superman's lead. She gingerly stepped out onto the ledge beside him. "Ready?" Clark smirked as he extended a hand toward Lois. "What? I'm not suicidal!" She argued. Diana rolled her eyes. She'd already seen young Kara fly through the air above their island home of Themyscira.

"Let's go!" Clark urged, as Lois took one cautious step towards them. "Go? Go where?" She continued to protest. "Trust me!" He repeated. "Look at it this way, if I'm wrong, then this will be your chance to get away from it all!" He quipped, again beckoning Lois towards him.

She finally took his hand. Diana leapt upward and sailed high into the sky above a bustling Metropolis. Clark followed her route, snatching Lois up with one hand and lofting her onto his back. He vaulted up edging towards a patiently floating Diana.

Superman knew that if his mission was successful, Lois would be none the wiser. This timeline would simply cease to exist like all the others. The two future Justice League members flew smoothly on towards Smallville. "AAAH!" Lois yelled as she clung tightly to Clark's neck, nearly strangling him.

"Don't worry, I've got you!" Superman reassured her. "But who's got you?" Lois countered as Clark laughed, recalling when he'd first heard her say those exact words. Diana flew closely alongside them, and they quickly landed on the front lawn of the Kent Farm. Kara was already there, circling cautiously above the area. Diana waved at the alien beauty, remembering their past encounters.

"So, Smallville? I guess I'll have to stop calling you that." Lois began worriedly. "Please don't." Clark smiled as he put her down gently on the gravelly side drive. "I like that you call me Smallville. It keeps me grounded and reminds me where I came from." Diana was listening with interest, learning about her new friends from man's world. Kara suddenly soared in behind them, landing gracefully.

"I feel so left out." Lois complained. "I'm the only one that can't fly." Kara snickered. "It took Clark forever to learn how to fly." She teased. "Diana, it's good to see you again." Kara said as she and Wonder Woman clasped forearms like the Amazon warriors did on Themyscira. "Your mother allowed you to enter man's world?" Supergirl questioned. "Not exactly, my friend." Diana evaded.

"Where did you all come from?" Lois seized the opportunity to post a lead story. "I can't get into it right now, Lois, but I promise to have a nice long chat with you." Superman dodged. "Right now, we need to get a plan together." Lois flipped her long chestnut brown hair to one side, out of her eyes.

"This is huge!" She said excitedly. "You three are like super meteor freaks or the next generation of human evolution." Clark shook his head. "Wrong on both counts, Lois." He gently corrected her. "What?" Lois's eyes widened. "It's complicated." Kara deadpanned. "It always is." Lois snorted.

"I would have rather told you all this at another time." Superman began. "I hated lying to you these last few years." Lois sighed. "I get it. You and Kara were only protecting yourselves. I can't believe that all this time, you were the Blur." Clark nodded. "Yes. The truth be told, Kara was probably responsible for about half of all those dramatic rescues, and defeated criminals."

"Anyway, our first duty is to stop the evil terrorists from torturing and killing more innocent people in the Middle-East and around the world." Superman began his speech. "The darkness is spreading, just as Jor El predicted, Kal." Kara added. "Wait? Jor El? Why do I know that name?" Lois rubbed her thin chin.

"Major Zod mentioned Jor El a number of times." Clark confirmed. "Jor El is my biological father." Superman dropped the hammer. "He's also my biological uncle." Kara put in. Lois gasped, finally seeing the bigger picture. "You! You're Kandorian!" She accused. "No Lois, Kara and I are from Krypton, a long dead world far from here." Clark went into the rest of the background information.

They all headed into the farmhouse. Diana quickly sized up the Kent family, taking in every last detail of their home. Wonder Woman was still on a recon mission for the Amazon Imperial Army. She'd been shocked that Kara and Clark were from another planet, but she rationalized that if her gods existed, they certainly could've created life elsewhere. In this she seemed more accepting than Lois.

"If Kara and I are to succeed in our mission, we must get all of Earth to work together." Clark was just finishing up his explanation. "Good luck with that." Lois remarked cynically. "What's your mission exactly?" She sounded much more like a journalist than a surprised lover.

"Kara and I are the protectors of Earth. Our parents sent us here because it gave us our best chance at survival." Superman continued as he innocuously grabbed a pitcher of fresh orange juice from the refrigerator. Kara instinctively found four glasses and set them out on the table.

"Okay, I'll bite." Lois began as Kara and Diana stared at her blankly. She ignored their puzzled glances. "I get the 'we have to save our children' part of the story. Any parent would do whatever they could to ensure their offspring's survival. What I don't get is what you and Kara are protecting Earth from."

"An evil warlord named Darkseid." Clark answered. "Darkseid?" Lois echoed. "Yes, Darkseid exists simply to conquer any world in his path. He has super powers similar to Kara and I. Earth was unprepared for his attack. Darkseid sent his minions to Earth ahead of him to infiltrate the world governments, and to spend years spying on humanity. He found that Earth would be a very simple conquest."

Lois felt the chills running up and down her spine. "You said Darkseid had attacked Earth." Lois quickly picked up on the information. "We've never heard of him. In fact, until the Kandorians attacked us, we thought that we were alone in the universe, at least most of us did."

"Darkseid will attack Earth at some point." Clark hesitated, mentally kicking himself for letting too much information out. "I have foreseen it." He added. "You're a seer?" Diana accused. "It's too complicated to explain now." Superman deflected. "I just know that these occurrences of evil people infected by the darkness will continue. It will eventually build to the point where Earth is out of control."

"That's when Darkseid will strike!" Kara said excitedly. "Earth would be at its weakest point. People would be fighting each other instead of banding together." Wonder Woman was horrified and intrigued at the same time. "Our people have had similar encounters with superior powered beings bent on mayhem and destruction." She contributed. "My sisters and I have fought against Ares, Hades, Hera, and even Zeus himself. We were unable to defeat them. Only the One God could do that."

Lois stared at Diana with disbelief. "All of these beings are real?" She questioned. "All of the mythological gods and goddesses exist?" Wonder Woman nodded. "Certainly, they were as real to us as the evildoers you just mentioned that plague Man's World are to you." Diana confirmed.

"Wow! This is blowing my mind!" Lois remarked as she grasped Clark's hand, partially out of fear, and also to reassure her that Superman was real. "We thought we knew everything about our world. It turns out that we know nothing!" Lois observed. "Do not be too hard on yourself, Lois Lane." Diana said cheerfully. "We know that history has been written by those who would force their beliefs on others."

"Meaning what?" Kara asked. "Meaning, my sister, that men wrote history as you have known it, and they simply dropped the entire Amazon nation from their writings, as if we did not exist. Men were jealous that many eons ago, we defeated the mightiest army that the world had ever seen up to that point. My Amazon ancestors routed Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire from our lands."

"All of Earth's children must grow up sometime." Diana continued philosophically. "In our world, the One God destroyed the Pantheon of gods of Olympus. It is taught, handed down through the ages, that the One God chose a messenger from Man's World to defeat the opposing gods. The Olympians were first to fall, then the Romans, Egyptians, the Norse, and even the gods of Chin. All were eliminated by the One God. Now it appears that a new evil god, Baal, is attempting to control Man's World."

"Baal could be another name for Darkseid." Kara posed thoughtfully. "I got it!" Lois blurted. "Got what?" Clark questioned. "I know what's going on!" Lois nearly jumped from her seat. "You do?" Diana and Clark chorused. "Sure, honey." She addressed Superman. "Think about it. This is the story of Christianity." Kara and Clark simply stared at her.

"Really?" Clark stared at Lois with a puzzled expression on his face. "I haven't been following any specific religions." He admitted. "I think that people should just believe what they want to believe, as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."

"That is a noble sentiment, Clark Kent." Diana smiled brightly at her new friends. "If only the rest of humanity was as wise as you." Lois rubbed her thin chin. "Didn't you have any religions on Krypton?" She inquired. "Religions on Krypton were considered thought processes that were old, ancient and outdated." Kara responded. "The elders believed that religions were the product of the unenlightened mind. They were the cause of unnecessary conflicts."

Lois gawked as Clark and Kara continued to explain their memories of Krypton. Diana listened intently, and appeared not to be surprised or worried at all about being in the presence of aliens. Her world of gods and demons would not be a far stretch of belief regarding contact with alien life forms.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎