No announcement yet.

Laura Vandervoort

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Vandervoort

She's probably the reason most of the KryptonSite audience will consider watching - Smallville's Laura Vandervoort will be playing an alluring young Visitor named Lisa, who uses her looks and charm to "recruit" humans to the Visitor youth movement. Talk about Laura here!

This will charge up my buddy, Lauraforever. He'll have a whole
    V Thread dedicated to his girlfriend. Ha, Ha...

Comment

As if that's a bad thing?

Comment

I'm really excited to see her! Like you said, this is the probably the only reason I'll tune in, but who knows, I might come to love this show...

Comment

I think you will come to love it. Like I've said in other threads, I highly recommend seeing the original for an idea of how the concept will play out. It's very 80's but the bad effects are kind of charming. The story is extremely top-notch.

Laura's role may start out small but it could build if all is done right.

Comment

Are any of the old episodes on YouTube? If so, I'll watch some. I want Laura to be big, but also small, because it'd be nice for her to be in Smallville Season 9. But, after she's done with Smallville, she can be a main character!

Comment

It was a shame that she left (maybe?) SV. I really like her character there but it's awesome that she got casted for this show

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
                Are any of the old episodes on YouTube? If so, I'll watch some. I want Laura to be big, but also small, because it'd be nice for her to be in Smallville Season 9. But, after she's done with Smallville, she can be a main character!
                Both shows should be filming in Vancouver so maybe she could do both at some point. Kristin Kreuk did both Smallville and Edgemont at the same time, after all.

And to answer your question. Yes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpY2B57PMQ4 Though I'd really recommend getting the DVD's - not only for full clarity, but because YouTube posting of full episodes really isn't very cool, since the original cast/creators get nothing out of it.

Comment

Really? Well that's good news! KK did both? Was it only during Season 1, though?

I got around to watching that video (and others along with it). The credits were pretty long, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
                    Im torn about recomending watching the old series to new people. A few of the posters here grew up with this show and love the original even though they can be really campy as Krptonsite said they are very 80s I don't know if a new generation would be turned off by them and just pass on the new show

I Guess If you decide to watch keep Battlestar Galactica in mind this was also a campy Sci Fi show from the 70s 80s era that was remade into a well produced show So if you dont like some of the silly plots of the original but like the theme of alien invasion and man trying to bebel against opression I hope you still give the new show a try

Comment

Even despite dodgy effects, the original miniseries was still great storytelling and was pretty good for the time. I'd still recommend it to someone who's curious what the concept is all about... especially fans of Laura who may be curious what her character will be like.

Comment

Very excited for Laura. There's something aboot her that I miss from Smallville these days.

Comment

And HERE I am!!! LOLZ! Mmm, if the show is picked up, I'll definitely put in a thread here. What about a Lisa fanfic? LOLZ!

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
                            And HERE I am!!! LOLZ! Mmm, if the show is picked up, I'll definitely put in a thread here. What about a Lisa fanfic? LOLZ!
                            I knew you'd be around sooner or later, Jan. Did you read my
                            earlier post?

Comment

Ah sure did!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍