No announcement yet.

Davis Is More Heroic Than Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnowBird
    You say Jack the Ripper couldn't stop himself from killing because he was a sicko who hated.

Davis is a sicko since he habitually hates bad guys and kills them, hides the bodies and won't take responsibility for his actions, Asks Chloe to be his fix to control himself and on and on with future spoilers. Yep, they are no different.

Too bad the kryptonite didn't kill Davis to save us all the trouble with future debates.
    He doesn't hate the bad guys, he just thinks it's a better option to kill bad guys instead of innocents. Well to be fair I'm sure he didn't care that much for the bad guys he killed, but it's not like he wanted to kill them, unlike Jack the Ripper. He felt he had no choice but to kill at least someone and criminals in his opinion were the best choice, otherwise innocent people would have died and who knows probably a lot more since Doomsday is a stronger creature. And Davis didn't force Chloe to stay with him, he gave her a choice. She chose to stay because she knew she loved Davis and because she did want to help him.

Comment

did you see all the people he buried!!!! That's not very heroic.

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
        did you see all the people he buried!!!! That's not very heroic.
        Never said it was...

Comment

Davis IS Doomsday. Or, at the very least, Davis is fully aware of Doomsday's killing. He's Doomsday's conscience. So instead of making himself scarce, he is continuing working and living in a city. That's wrong and NOT HEROIC. On top of that, he decides who he is going to kill, and because he picks "criminals" that means he's someone to be admired?

Overlooking the obvious of being a serial killer - did you guys see the field? - what if he's wrong about a victim? What if he kills someone who is completely innocent? I'm sure his arguments of trying to rid the world of scum to stop his murderous rage would really help the victim's families. And what level of criminal does he decide to kill? Ok - all the murderers, rapists, guys guilty of b&e and DUI. Do these people really deserve to die? Who made Davis judge and executioner? What if the people he killed were turning their lives around and being good citizens? But they were guilty once, right? So Davis says, they MUST die.

This is wrong and IMMORAL on so many levels, and I can't believe people here support Davis. He is nothing like Clark/Superman who believes in REDEMPTION and not EVER taking a life. Davis Bloome is not a hero, by any means. In fact, I would go as far to say that he is enabling his inner beast, with his lame justifications for MURDER.

Comment

Davis kills people. That's not heroic. I don't care if they are criminals or bad people. To take human life in your hand and do what you wish with it is not right.

Comment

I never said Davis was a hero. But I did say that I find the act of self-sacrifice heroic. His intentions are noble, however good intentions can always end bad. Clark is the living proof of that.
              And I guess it can happen that Davis picks his victims wrong, but by the looks of it he does his research first. That still doesn't make it morally right. I just don't think you can label Davis as a bad guy. He's stuck with something horrible and he's doing the best he can to prevent the loss of more innocent lives. And I already explained that putting himself in a deserted place where there's no one to kill for Doomsday wouldn't help as he would just become Doomsday who would just escape from that deserted place. The only solution is to put him in a place where he at no cost can escape from, and how are you going to find such a place.

Comment

I understand what you mean Davis Bloome (lol, you have not another name, it is so strange like this !)but at the end, Davis is Doomsday whatever we can say. He tries to die because he can't stand anymore this situation. It matters, of course.
                But he is here to eradicate the planet, he chose to kill people to stop the beast. He can't find a good way. This is his nature. Clark is the opposite. Whatever he tries, it is always good, bright, shinny, living. You speak about Day and Night, you know what I mean ? And anyway, Clark is THE HERO WE NEED. Nobody can be better than him. NOBODY lol

Comment

More heroic than Clark? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Tompouce
                    I understand what you mean Davis Bloome (lol, you have not another name, it is so strange like this !)but at the end, Davis is Doomsday whatever we can say. He tries to die because he can't stand anymore this situation. It matters, of course.
                    But he is here to eradicate the planet, he chose to kill people to stop the beast. He can't find a good way. This is his nature. Clark is the opposite. Whatever he tries, it is always good, bright, shinny, living. You speak about Day and Night, you know what I mean ? And anyway, Clark is THE HERO WE NEED. Nobody can be better than him. NOBODY lol
                    Yeah original nick I got for myself here, huhum... lol it almost feels like I'm defending myself here... But don't worry I'm not that arrogant lol. Anyway back on topic. Clark's heroics... About that. Just a question if you allow me to quote myself from earlier:

But lets talk about Clark heroics. I mean before Davis became indestructible he was surely a lot more vulnerable than Clark and Clark except for the Kryptonite is as good as invulnerable. So it's not like he is risking his life constantly in order to save people. There is no doubt that Clark is very noble in what he does. If he wasn't he would still have his powers watching people die on TV. But he gives what time he has on saving people and that is certainly noble, but is it so heroic knowing that he is practically invincible? Just asking others opinions so we can see if we can compare if Davis is not as heroic as Clark.

Comment

But he gives what time he has on saving people and that is certainly noble, but is it so heroic knowing that he is practically invincible? Just asking others opinions so we can see if we can compare if Davis is not as heroic as Clark.
                      There have been times when Clark has put his life on the line.Mortal and Hidden are two examples.Leech is another one.He had lost his powers but he still tried to stop the boy who had them.And of course,this year he went to save Chloe in Odyssey without his powers and ended up getting killed.Davis did try to do something heroic at the end,but overall we can't compare.They had a different true nature to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                        There have been times when Clark has put his life on the line.Mortal and Hidden are two examples.Leech is another one.He had lost his powers but he still tried to stop the boy who had them.And of course,this year he went to save Chloe in Odyssey without his powers and ended up getting killed.Davis did try to do something heroic at the end,but overall we can't compare.They had a different true nature to begin with.
                        Yes and above all, Clark is deeply good and does everything he can to make the world better. It is not just about his powers, it is about his heart. Look, in bulletproof, he didn't use a lot his powers, he used his ideas, values, behaviour to help Danny on the way of redemption. There are few people like this in the world, they exist. And some of them are kind of heroes. They change the world. Can you imagine what they could do with Clark's powers ?
                        I would say like Lana, Chloe,...: Clark, the world needs you (it is in case of someone doesn't know it yet)

Comment

Yeah true, there have been several moments that Clark tried to save his friends, but that I would call friendship though it is heroic too And when he wanted his powers back that was his responsibility. I mean is it Davis responsibility to self-sacrifice himself? To a certain degree yes, but it's not like he asked to become Doomsday. He never wanted anything to do with it. He is responsible for the people he has killed as himself though so I think that by 'trying to' sacrifice he is taking responsibility for it. It's redemption, which I find noble.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
                            Yeah true, there have been several moments that Clark tried to save his friends, but that I would call friendship though it is heroic too And when he wanted his powers back that was his responsibility. I mean is it Davis responsibility to self-sacrifice himself? To a certain degree yes, but it's not like he asked to become Doomsday. He never wanted anything to do with it. He is responsible for the people he has killed as himself though so I think that by 'trying to' sacrifice he is taking responsibility for it. It's redemption, which I find noble.
                            The problem that Davis(not you,the other one,lol) has,is that he is a facade.I think that Brainiac told him that he has no free will and he was right.So i wouldn't say it's his responsibility to self sacrifice himself.It's desparation.Davis is a tragic figure in Smallville.And as someone said today,even more tragic than Lex.Clark,while mortal,also tried saving the world,not just his friends.He got shot in Hidden for trying to stop the psycho from launching the missile.I will stick by my original stance.You can't compare the two.Clark tried to do that and Davis(not you,the other one,lol) himself told him that they had different natures.

Comment

Well there's no doubt that Clark is indeed heroic. Sometimes I just don't know that as superman with his superpowers he is as heroic as some people portray him as. For me Smallville is interesting for the evolution of the characters. I'm not that interested in his actions as Superman, cause I don't find them that heroic since like I said is practically invincible. But you're right Clark has been heroic when he wasn't invincible. So that does prove that he is a hero. But more as 'Clark' than as Superman if you get what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
                                Well there's no doubt that Clark is indeed heroic. Sometimes I just don't know that as superman with his superpowers he is as heroic as some people portray him as. For me Smallville is interesting for the evolution of the characters. I'm not that interested in his actions as Superman, cause I don't find them that heroic since like I said is practically invincible. But you're right Clark has been heroic when he wasn't invincible. So that does prove that he is a hero. But more as 'Clark' than as Superman if you get what I mean.
                                Of course.I discussed this recently with a fellow poster.Clark's invincibility and code of ethics is what makes him less likeable compared to Batman.He is not as close to the regular person as Batman is.And you know what's weird?In Visage at Season 2 and after he found out that Whitney died in battle,he even questioned himself whether he could be as heroic without his powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎