Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Son of Krypton

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't you a little late with this thread? Shouldn't you have made it 2 or 3 years ago?

Comment

No my last straw the idea of "another boy" whose parents sent him to earth...that was it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Superman
        They destroyed last son of Krypton thing when they brought in Zod. Which in my opinion is a shame, becuse I think he should aways be the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. It makes special and unique, IMO.
        But Zod was dead. His phantom had to possess Lex. I think until Davis, you could at least have said that Clark was the last Kryptonian to be born & still be alive. But now, that isn't true. Davis does have DNA from Zod & Faora even though he's not your average Kryptonian.

Comment

Dyanara, I see your point and mostly agree. Somehow, I'm not too bothered by Davis landing on Earth in the same day, but when you couple that knowledge with the fact that so many OTHER Kryptonians have already popped up on Smallville (Kara -- who I have no problem with appearing since she's canon, Raya, that guy played by the old Jimmy Olsen actor... I'm sure there's more and I just can't think of them), it does seem a bit lame. Last Son of Krypton, my foot.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

There was also Kara, but she was a whole other ball game in itself.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
            Dyanara, I see your point and mostly agree. Somehow, I'm not too bothered by Davis landing on Earth in the same day, but when you couple that knowledge with the fact that so many OTHER Kryptonians have already popped up on Smallville (Kara -- who I have no problem with appearing since she's canon, Raya, that guy played by the old Jimmy Olsen actor... I'm sure there's more and I just can't think of them), it does seem a bit lame. Last Son of Krypton, my foot.

--SGuthrie ><>' --
            How many Kryptonians have appeared in the comic books? In the movie there were the 3 who had been sent to the Phantom Zone but did that happen in the comics?
            Last edited by Dyanara; 04-02-2009, 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian4life
              Clark is still the last son of Krypton, he's the traveler, while Davis is the destroyer that was created by organic matter. Clark is the last born Kryptonian son from real Kryptonian parents making him the last son!
              ITA

Davis is a Zor-Fiora's lab rat

Comment

well since the comics themself just a few months ago killed the last son idea by having hundreds of kryptonions arive on earth I can't fault smallvile on this one

Comment

Yeah how did doomsday get sent to earth when jor-el was the only one who knew krypton was done for?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Superman
                    They destroyed last son of Krypton thing when they brought in Zod. Which in my opinion is a shame, becuse I think he should aways be the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. It makes special and unique, IMO.
                    Don't blame the writers. DC comics have been doing this for decades. Kara Zor-el, General Zod, Power girl, Christopher Kent....so what's your beef? Now DC comics are doing with this recent story arc "New Krypton" that Gen Zod & Supergirl's Mother are involved.

Comment

You do realize that "Last Son of krypton" more refers to Clark being the last Kryptonian born on Krypton and lived to tell about it. Kara is a female, which throws her out of that category (she would be the "Last daugther of Krypton"). Guys like Zod and Nam-Ek were born decades before Krypton was destroyed and there were children born on Krypton after them. Davis wasn't actually born on Krypton. He was simply organic matter there and didn't even take human form or started to live until he landed on Earth (until that moment, he was just a liquid), so in theory Davis was actually born on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                        How many Kryptonians have appeared in the comic books?
                        100 thousand Kryptonians and they are very active right now on New Krypton. I'm not joking.

The "Last Son of Krypton" has long changed to literally the last son of Krypton, the last one to born Krypton.
                        Last edited by Timester; 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                          100 thousand Kryptonians. I'm not joking.

Holy crap! That would make for a killer Smallville episode if they still had a large enough budget. They did a cool Kryptonian episode in the old Lois & Clark show that was solid enough even on it's low budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Kschreck
                            Holy crap! That would make for a killer Smallville episode if they still had a large enough budget. They did a cool Kryptonian episode in the old Lois & Clark show that was solid enough even on it's low budget.
                            Not really, Superman acted liked a giant pansy.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                              It seems that the writers of this show work very, very hard to chip away at Clark's specialness and uniqueness. I have no clue why they do this, but its been an ongoing thing for a while now.
                              Most of the time, such plot devices are used for one reason: the character of Superman is far too powerful. So, in order to have him face enemies that could actually be a threat, various writers have taken to emphasizing his humanity over his alien origins. After all, if such a hero did exist, it would automatically trigger the question of "Why is there evil in the world?" Tom Mankiewicz (unofficial co-writer and "creative consultant" of the 1978 film) recognized that same problem as well, which is why the movie focuses more on Clark's relationship with his parents and Lois, instead of his Kryptonian side. It also served as a catalyst for Jor-El warning his son, "it is forbidden for you to interfere with human history", a theme expanded even further by a deleted (and later restored) scene on the 2001 edit of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by ChronX4
                                Not to mention that she completely over powers him due to being a Kryptonite radiation hazard, even when he learns to fly.
                                Why did you have to mention the krypto magnet? You just spoiled my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎