Wow.... Not many threads

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.... Not many threads

Wow....

This has to be the least amount of threads after an episode i've seen in some time?

That is sad. Because that is sorta how I felt about this episode. Nothing 'wow'. I know they tried to make the Danko Sylar hookup to be a twist.... but really? It was only a matter of time until Sylar made a power play, and Danko may think this is a symbiotic relationship but as soon as Sylar feels he no longer needs danko? Or that he has danko's life down?

Boom. Danko dies and Sylar takes over his life...... Idiot.

Originally posted by Yoshua

Boom. Danko dies and Sylar takes over his life...... Idiot.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

I liked this episode though, I don't know why there aren't a ton of threads like usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
      Wow....

This has to be the least amount of threads after an episode i've seen in some time?
      I mentioned that in another thread somewhere that it was odd how dead it was in this forum last night. I sure hope it's not a barometer of things.

And I agree that last night's show wasn't up to par in my book. I have to re-watch the show before I really come to any conclusions. I think my disgust for Sylar and Danko (I really hate the bad guys) overwhelmed my perceptions and may have tainted my view of last night's episode.
      Last edited by CompanyMan; 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.

Comment

ITA with your assessment of what Sylar is most likely to do with that sickly looking Mr. DumbDumberDumbest Danko. I'm among the fans who find a lot less to criticize about "Heroes" and persue my viewing of this series just as if I was Reading A Book. It been OK to have highs and 'lulls' in the storyline. I found it made sense that the 'original' characters who were introduced to us in the beginning Couldn't have been the Only people on the planet who had gone through changes and developed powers. So, introducing New characters with 'different' abilities was a move that 'broadened' the world they lived in. IMO, Non-stop Action would've been Ridiculous. I just wanted it to make sense for the most part.

I'm SAD because the lack of enthusiasm for this series with all the constant Complaints will most likely encourage its Cancellation much too soon to be able to complete the story being told. I don't like to read the End of the book first, but would rather follow the path I'm being led down by the author to discover what the purpose was for something that happened in an 'earlier Volume/Chapter'. I don't know what the mass fan base is looking for from a Unique series and story like 'Heroes'. Certainly, a major network has little tolerance for 'Genre' storytelling as it is, and I'm not happy about the fan response.

I've become attached to many of the characters on "Heroes", but I'm trying to loosen my grip so that it won't be so hard to 'Say Good-bye' when it comes much too soon, IMHO. It did have more of a chance of survival than other recent cancellations such as ABCFamily's "Kyle XY", or ABC's "Eli Stone" and "Life on Mars", and last year's "Journeyman", and let's not forget "Jericho" and "New Amsterdam". Obviously, these are shows that had a solid yet small, loyal Fan Base. So, what the fans Love doesn't matter anyway if the "numbers" in viewership don't show 'quantity'.

As much as I still Love "Heroes", I'm beginning to lose faith that it'll be able to survive in such a 'hostile' fan community for much longer.

Last night's episode left me with a feeling of satisfaction, because a Lot of things made sense to me. I'm Intrigued by what might be happening next. Surprisingly, this season is the Only season that I 'like' Sylar. I usually Never like the 'villains' who are basically evil. However, they've made me curious about the path he's taking, and what is motivating him now.

Last week, a Lot happened, too. If I wasn't a Star Trek fan, I wouldn't have been able to make the connection with some of the statements Hiro made while he and Ando were 'rescuing' little Matt Parkman. It was Fun AND funny to hear him make references to things that happened in Star Trek like he used to in season 1. It's all so interesting, and I'm eager for that storyline to pick up again. In the meantime, I hope my fellow fans will remain positive and find SOMEthing encouraging to say about the show.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎