Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of It's A Terrible Life!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOOOOOVED this eisode. It was so nice to see just our two main characters. It was a welcome relief to have all the new 'additional' side characters out of the way.

I only wish more SPN episodes could be like this one.

Comment

OK, I knew that this episode I would either really love or really hate. Well, I LOVED IT!

From the first opening scene of Dean in that outfit with his 'manpurse', driving his Prius and listening to NPR (and the hair!), I knew it was going to be great.

I loved that one of the first things we see Dean doing though, is eating. (OK, it's a bagel and a salad but still-some things are universal.)

When Sam introduced himself as Sam Wesson my first thought was "Wesson, like in the cooking oil?" Later it hit me that Sam and Dean's last names make them "Smith and Wesson", which is a maker of guns, I believe (like Winchester). So nice in joke there.

Loved Sam's little Dracula bobble and his yellow polo (I don't think we've EVER seen Sam wear a polo shirt on the show. Man, did it show off Sam's/Jared's chest well! he needs to wear more of them--just in a different color.).

Also, I noticed this ep was written by Sera Gamble so I was kinda waiting for one of the boys to take their shirts off (since Sera's become rather infamous for including nakedness in her eps).

Ian was a wonderful character. He reminded me a little of Ash, actually. Without the mullet, of course.

And Sam having "visions" of their past? I wonder if he had that sort of thing and not Dean because of his powers and/or demon blood? Cause Dean didn't seem to feel any sort of thing oddness, while Sam did.

OK, the elevator scene. Dean thinking Sam is hitting on him=perfection! "I'm gonna do a public service and let you know you overshare." Hah, such a Dean comment (Real!Dean, I mean).

Sam at his desk (oh and did you notice that Sam is "tech support" and Dean is "management"? As in Dean is higher up, gives the orders and Sam does the grunt work and does what he is told. Interesting interpretation of their relationship.) drawing (we haven't seen Sam's art skills in a long time. Brought back flashbacks of "Home"). It made me wonder if that's Jared really drawing those things or if someone else draws them and he just puts on a 'finishing' touch or something.

The scene where the guy microwaves himself to death? Gross! Though imaginitive, I'll give them that. And the little 'ding' at the end of that scene before the commercial break? Was actually kinda funny.

Ian freaking out and Dean freaked out by his freak out? Heh.

Their discussion about Sam's dreams "Your dreams are special visions and you're some kind of psychic? No, that would be nuts." (great lines!) and their decision to find out what is going on was wonderful.

Sam kicking in the door! And Dean is impressed! Cute.

Dean's apartment was very...creative. And Dean drinking those health drinks? You know he's gonna be washing his tongue after that.

Then when Dean slips and calls him Sammy? I totally squeed! And could have slapped Sam for his "don't". Jerk.

OK, I knew the Ghostfacers were making an appearance somehow but that? That was actually cute! They are such dorks! (this was still when I thought this was an AU, before I realized that we were still in the same universe, just that the boys had been brainwashed. I had wondered why they referred to the "Winchesters". And hello? "Useless douchbags that we hate--the Winchesters"? Dean should go shoot them.)

It was also interesting that for the first time SPN got a teeny bit political/real world and referenced the bad ecomony.

When Sam and the guy got in the elevator I kept waiting for Sam to whip out his Sam-fu and either karate chop the guy ("instinct") or mojo him. And then when it stalled and the guy crawled out? I knew he was going to die. the blood on Sam's face though? Someone HAS to ask Jared about that at a convention.

Their fight with the ghost was great. It was so wonderful to see them working as a team again (and this is the most we've seen the boys together in a long time, no one else in the way).

Then SAM wants to continue hunting, thinks it's their destiny and Dean puts the breaks on? WTF? (But that's the way it's been lately. Weird.)

Oh and these lines:
      Sam: "We were these Hunters and we were friends. More like brothers really."
      broke my heart. We haven't seen the boys be "friends" in a long time.

Then Dean: "I went to Stanford. My father's name is Bob, my Mother's name is Ellen and my sister's name is Jo." Bobby, Ellen and Jo. Nice referencing there. And Stanford. Angels do have a sense of humor.

And Sam saying he'd broken up with is fiance Madison (not Jess?) and when he tried to call her he got an animal hospital? I didn't think he was that into Madison. (also, to be noted that he did NOT say "Ruby". I guess he doesn't love her/care about her that much.)

Sam: I know you."
      Dean: "You don't know me, pal."=more heart-breaking.

Sam smashing the phone with the iron, as if it were something evil. Perfect.

Dean coming back to himself and being pissed. And the angel reminding him of when it used to be fun to hunt.

The ending was abrupt, I have to admit but as I said I loved this episode. It was funny, it was great to see the boys in action with each other again on a simple ghost case and yet there were layers and depth to it if you knew the backstory.

Great stuff.

Oh and one more thing that hit me later. The Angel Appeared to Dean, did this for Dean. So why did he take Sam? I mean, he could have just taken Dean and put him in this situation. Dean would not have remembered Sam, so it wouldn't have affected him. So why bring Sam into it? OK, Sam probably would have made a stink and tried to get Dean back but still. There was no real reason to bring Sam in on it if the whole point of it was to hammer home to Dean that he needed to embrace being a hunter again (and didn't we see that back in WIAWSNB?). And yet they still brought Sam along. Because Dean is stronger with Sam by his side. The end, that is all, period, finito. (but it does make wonder what happened when the angel went to Sam and restored his memories....)

So yeah, great episode, one of the best in a while. And whoa, did I babble on about this! Shutting up now.

Comment

I gave it a 9, for me it was quite a weird episode haha. But i was able to figure out that it was an angel behind the alternate reality, i thought it was Cass though after his and Dean's last meeting, its cool how they introduced his superior.

It was weird (for a change) but interesting to see how different their lives could be and it shows that Dean's destiny is much bigger than most guys who are at the same stage of their lives as he is. Dean has the task of saving the world but he and Sam face a huge task to stop what's coming.

God I love this show.

Comment

It was very funny ))) I realy liked it!!! =)

Comment

9/10!

I liked the bit when Sam say's 'Take the stairs' after the lift incident!!!

Comment

Yea this episode is ok. I mean it started random and it ended random. The only part i liked is that it mentioned Ghostfacers.
              Last edited by Nimkong; 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎