No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Turbulence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stenochick
    I think that Clark is not being honest when he tells Chloe and whoever else that he is not "flying."

He never creates huge crators with his landings like Hancock did (lol!). He has more control over gravity's effects and therefore his ability to control his acceleration than he is letting on.

He can call them leaps or jumps but they are getting too elegant for him not to consider that he has the latent ability to hover and fly. He just needs to practice and perfect flying.

The bigger question is why would he not want to fly? I read in a post that perhaps he will no longer feel like a human if he starts flying. There could be something there.

I just think it is time. He seemed so pumped at the beginning of Turbulence when he was telling Chloe about his RBB exploits. The double identity seems to have lifted a big burden from him so that he can actually enjoy his "blurring." How much more of a rush would he get from flying!
    I agree. Dialog should have gotten something like:

Clark: "I didn't fly. I jumped.....I think?"

Chloe: gives puzzled look

Clark: "Well I know I jumped out of the plane. But somehow I was able to slow down as we got closer to the ground."

Chloe: "Clark Kent defying the laws of gravity? Maybe you should focus a little more on that..."

Clark: changes subject "So how is Jimmy doing?"

Comment

No holes. No mistakes. Clark maybe glided towards the ground - or he did the same thing when saving Lana and landing on a car. Maybe he even blew to the ground below so he could slow himself down...tons of ways, no money to show it.
      This episode was written brilliantly, and we all knew that CK wouldn't fly in this epy. So...no surprises there, except the ending. Jimmy rules !

Comment

There was a unscripted mistake,but I guess nobody wants to play.

Comment

How about the completely different planes from the flying scenes before and after the Clark/Tess scene when the trouble breaks out. The first plane looked like a tiny jet that maybe carries a few people. The second plane was larger and different. Just look at the wings. The first had what looked like fuel tanks at the ends, the second had vertical wingtips.

Comment

The mistake I notice was one of those "now-you-see-it-now-you-don't" kind of things,but in this case it's the opposite.

Comment

When it comes to people and having superpowers, you automatically have to suspend your belief in physics. Example: Clark would have to be barefoot constantly because his shoes would instantly melt from the friction of running so fast. Defying physics is not a plothole or mistake...it's just usually ignored in science fiction/fantasy.

Comment

I wish Smallville showed us more things that happen after Clark saves somebody, for example in this episode they could have showed how he lands and maybe even show him getting a parachute on ground to cover his tracks. The show would be more interesting IMO if it consisted of more action scenes, because lately it's become more of a dialogue (soap opera) show than an action-dialogue show, I suppose mainly because of the budget cuts..

Comment

Originally posted by old guy
                  I agree. Dialog should have gotten something like:

Clark: "I didn't fly. I jumped.....I think?"

Chloe: gives puzzled look

Clark: "Well I know I jumped out of the plane. But somehow I was able to slow down as we got closer to the ground."

Chloe: "Clark Kent defying the laws of gravity? Maybe you should focus a little more on that..."

Clark: changes subject "So how is Jimmy doing?"
                  Yes. How hard would that be? No increase in the FX budget needed.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by txluvstom
                  I hope nobody minds if I pull away from the flying subject for a second to see if anyone caught a mistake in one of the Clark/Tess scenes. I'll give you a hint. It occurs just after the explosion on the plane when Clark and Tess go in seperate directions. But it's rectified when they reconnect again.
                  Txluvstom, I am not able to rewatch the scene. Please tell us what the faux pas is. I am very intrigued.

I will try to retrieve from my deleted list on my TiVo and watch the scene again.
                  Last edited by stenochick; 03-23-2009, 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Okay,if you must know. After the explosion,you see Clark look out the window and then you see Tess' face out her window. When the camera comes back into the plane,Clark gets up and your can CLEARLY see that his BELT is missing from his pants. Clark goes to the cockpit,Tess checks the parachutes,and when they meet up again,Clark's BELT is back on! I've replayed it over and freezed it. Check it out.

Comment

Okay,if you must know. After the explosion,you see Clark look out the window and then you see Tess' face out her window. When the camera comes back into the plane,Clark gets up and your can CLEARLY see that his BELT is missing from his pants. Clark goes to the cockpit,Tess checks the parachutes,and when they meet up again,Clark's BELT is back on! I've replayed it over and freezed it. Check it out.
                      Thanks! I watched that scene over and over and could not find anything. You are very observant. Until I rewatch it, I am going to blame not noticing it on the fact that Smallville is aired on my TV in fullscreen instead of widescreen (although a belt probably would not be on the sides of a screen). I guess while I watch Tom's face, you are watching his crotch!

Comment

Originally posted by BULLITT
                        Like Chloe said, Clark' emphatically trusting people get's him into trouble.

"oooh Clark, I looked....no parachutes"
                        And the title of biggest boob for not using what your folks gave you........ Goes to Clark Kent for non use of his Xray vision.

Tell him what he won Don Pardo.

Mr.Kent you've won yet another installment of women with ulterior motives giving you bags and bags of drama.
                        I had that thought too! I was wondering why he didn't scan the plane with his xray vision.

He just trusts Tess...?

Comment

Thanks! I watched that scene over and over and could not find anything. You are very observant. Until I rewatch it, I am going to blame not noticing it on the fact that Smallville is aired on my TV in fullscreen instead of widescreen (although a belt probably would not be on the sides of a screen). I guess while I watch Tom's face, you are watching his crotch!
                          Damn striaght!!!!! I also notice it happened AFTER Tess/Cassidy knelt down to him. Smart girl.

Comment

I guess while I watch Tom's face, you are watching his crotch!

Comment

You are so right! I can't believe you spotted that. Great job.

Comment

What I want to know now is why on earth Tom Welling would need to take his belt off in between takes while shooting an episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎