No announcement yet.

Clark Chose Lois over Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myankskent
    IMO, Clark chose to use the Legion ring to stop Linda Lake from revealing his secret. Clark picking up Lois from the airport was something that he was able to correct as a result of that, but it wasn't the reason why he put the ring on.
    It's the discovery of using the ring shows he didn't care, or bother to correct the kryptonite-suit issue, or prevent the death of Lex.

Legion ring was still in fresh memory at the time, but his mind completely blocked the Legion ring possibility because he wasn't looking for a real solution, it took him a second to focus, and think of the Legion ring solution when the infamous predicament arose. I think Martha said it best, deep down Clark knows Lana isn't the one, he never fought for her and the same goes for Lana. They gave up on each other.

And when he used the ring he did not go back to the time before K-Suit incident, further confirming his lack of interest to salvage that relationship of hurt and pain.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that he didn't use the ring to reverse Lana's situation because deep down inside he knew he shouldn't do it and that they aren't meant to be together. And I'm ok with that, because I ship Clois. On the other hand, I can't just ignore the hole picture, 'Requiem' included.
      Unfortunately, this situation doesn't do anything less than to emphasize CK's character flaws (the bad writing...). I mean, one episode before he was willing to give up everything and die of kryptonite for a kiss and the next one he decides Lana's departure was for the best.
      Too much inconsistency, IMO.
      I actually would've liked to see Clark choose Lois over Lana by rejecting 'SuperLana', not by accepting their break up as a unfortunate circumstances' outcome.
      Last edited by skugers; 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I hate to burn this perfect little dream for ya, but the ONLY reason Clark reversed time was to stop Linda Lake from revealing his identity.
        Picking up Lois in time wasn't his top priority..

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
          It's the discovery of using the ring shows he didn't care, or bother to correct the kryptonite-suit issue, or prevent the death of Lex.

Legion ring was still in fresh memory at the time, but his mind completely blocked the Legion ring possibility because he wasn't looking for a real solution, it took him a second to focus, and think of the Legion ring solution when the infamous predicament arose. I think Martha said it best, deep down Clark knows Lana isn't the one, he never fought for her and the same goes for Lana. They gave up on each other.

And when he used the ring he did not go back to the time before K-Suit incident, further confirming his lack of interest to salvage that relationship of hurt and pain.

I agree. He could have used that ring to go back and prevent Lana from becoming infected with kryptonite in the first place or even having her get "powers from a suit" so he could be with her. He didn't choose that though. He only chose to go back 2 days. That was it, and he didn't even mention Lana. Chloe brought her up, but he didn't even show any emotion, something people were pointing out left and right in Bulletproof when Lois' name was mentioned. At least he said, "Lois, she's so......."!

Clark's moved on, and in Power he clearly had doubts about him and Lana. He's always had doubts. How many times has he broken up with her for crying out loud on this show? It's never worked out, because it was never supposed to work out. There's someone better for Clark, and her name is none other than Lois Lane!

Comment

Originally posted by skugers
            Too much inconsistency, IMO.
            That is really the whole point I think. It is not about Lana, Clark or Lois, but the inconsistent and bad writing. In Requiem TPTB make out that the only reason Clark cannot be with Lana (and the only reason he chooses Lois) is because of Lana's kryptonite infestation. Yet, ONE episode after Lana leaves he is using the Legion ring to turn back time. Not just for Lois, but because he is in trouble also. Still, I say if he loved Lana all that much he would have used the ring to reverse what happened to her. TPTB only showed me in this one episode that Clark and Lana really thought they were not meant for each other. That star-crossed thing means absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
              I hate to burn this perfect little dream for ya, but the ONLY reason Clark reversed time was to stop Linda Lake from revealing his identity.
              He went back to reverse the interview and protect not only his identity but Lois from being associated with him. He grabbed her and rescued her before he reversed time. If you remember, he ended a conversation with Chloe where he could have just went straight to the barn. He went to the DP instead.

The icing on the cake was that he didn't leave Lois in a 3 hour downpour! He made sure he was there on time the second time around, a very deliberate action.

Comment

So what gives Clark Kent the right to travel back in time and change whatever he likes? IMO it was irresponsible for him to mess with the timeline at all. However, given the circumstances that he helped create by revealing his secret (a huge mistake IMO) the world was in a state of fear because of Linda Lake's story that Clark was the start of an alien invasion. Therefore I can understand his decision to go back to the point he did because it was not only helping himself and his friends but the world as a whole.

So why not go back to before Lana put on the suit? IMO because he has no right to change Lana Lang's destiny whatever that may be. Lana chose to put that suit on because she wanted to help save the world. Stopping Lana from putting on that suit would not only alter her destiny but also the lives of those she may save in the future. Doing this IMO would be a selfish choice on his part. Whether or not Lana puts on that suit is NOT Clark's decision to make.

Why not go back to just before she absorbed the kryptonite? This is of course the more difficult point to make but I still don't believe he has the right to do this. Absorbing the kryptonite has not given Lana some sort of a disease. She's perfectly healthy and does not require saving. She just can't go near Clark. She's still able to help others and can still fulfill her destiny. Clark already knows that going back in time has consequences. He certainly should be of the mindset that doing such a thing may not work the way he wants it to and could possibly alter events making them even worse. Once again it would be a selfish act on his part and doing so may prevent Lana from fulfilling her destiny.

Once again I don't feel Clark should have been able to go back in time at all. He should have known not to make the mistake of revealing his secret in the first place. But in this situation he did'nt have many options. I think the risk he took was warranted because the world was in a state of fear and chaos and his friends were in trouble. In this case his choice to do this was not a selfish one. In the case of going back to change Lana's destiny it would IMO be a selfish one.
                Last edited by InAFlash; 03-18-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                  YMMV, but I need to hear Clark say this specifically. Everything on this show points to Clark never giving up on Lana, even when she was about to marry Lex and was believed to be pregnant with his child. Unfortunately in this scenario, I think that Clark didn't think to use the ring because TPTB were out of episodes for KK.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                    YMMV, but I need to hear Clark say this specifically. Everything on this show points to Clark never giving up on Lana, even when she was about to marry Lex and was believed to be pregnant with his child. Unfortunately in this scenario, I think that Clark didn't think to use the ring because TPTB were out of episodes for KK.
                    I think he'll eventually verbalize it, but they're not going to have him do it right away. It's only after he's fallen in love with Lois and realizes what real love is and how good a relationship can really be. Let's face it, he doesn't have much to compare, so he doesn't know better right now.

Comment

Originally posted by InAFlash
                      Why not go back to just before she absorbed the kryptonite? This is of course the more difficult point to make but I still don't believe he has the right to do this. Absorbing the kryptonite has not given Lana some sort of a disease. She's perfectly healthy and does not require saving. She just can't go near Clark. She's still able to help others and can still fulfill her destiny. Clark already knows that going back in time has consequences. He certainly should be of the mindset that doing such a thing may not work the way he wants it to and could possibly alter events making them even worse. Once again it would be a selfish act on his part and doing so may prevent Lana from fulfilling her destiny.
                      This would not be a selfish reason on Clark's part. Lana wanted a solution also. She went to Dr. Grohl, remember? She said he could not reverse the effects of the kryptonite. Lana might have thought that was all they could do, but Clark had other resources: the ring, Jor-el, blue kryponite...to name a few. And he used the ring in this episode proving that the ring was a good solution. She could have kept her power suit. She just wanted the kryptonite to be removed. Clark had the power to do that but he did not use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny8
                        This would not be a selfish reason on Clark's part. Lana wanted a solution also. She went to Dr. Grohl, remember? She said he could not reverse the effects of the kryptonite. Lana might have thought that was all they could do, but Clark had other resources: the ring, Jor-el, blue kryponite...to name a few. And he used the ring in this episode proving that the ring was a good solution. She could have kept her power suit. She just wanted the kryptonite to be removed. Clark had the power to do that but he did not use it.
                        You're absolutely correct! There were two people wanting to reverse the kryptonite absorption in Requiem!

Either way, he didn't do it, just like others say he didn't mention Lois in Power or Requiem. It is what it is. Clark has moved on from Lana and is now falling for Lois.

Just his comment to Chloe alone, "for a minute I thought I could have it all". He was not just referring to everyone accepting his identity, but he was also referring to a relationship with Lois Lane! Chloe even said, "the cherry on top is that you get to tell Lois and know her reaction". It's all clear!! He has strong feelings for Lois, something I've never doubted even after the Lana arc.

Let's not forget that all turns out well for all parties, and Lana becomes Lois' bridesmaid at Clois' wedding someday!!
                        Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 03-18-2009, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
                          Problem is, if he is going to reverse time anyways, why not go back a few weeks to just before Lana put on her suit. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                            Either way, he didn't do it, just like others say he didn't mention Lois in Power or Requiem.
                            Clark left Lois three 10 sec voicemails, which is saying a lot for him. After the tornado in season 1, in season 2, Clark did not communicate with Lana or Chloe during the time that they were a part. He was supposed to be in love with Lana. Couldn't he have even written her an e-mail? He said that he was busy on the farm, but he could have talked with her as she only lived a mile away. And Chloe also mentioned that he did not even write an e-mail to her. For him to even have any communication with Lois during the time that Lana was in SV shows something. He did not have to communicate with her at all, but he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny8
                              Clark had the power to do that but he did not use it.
                              Clark had the power to do a lot of things. He had the power to go back and save his father. He had the power to go back and make sure that Lex never found out his secret. He had the power to go back and prevent Chloe from ever being taken over by Brainiac along with Lana. He had the power to go back and prevent the people at Chloe's wedding from being hurt and to also track down Doomsday and destroy him. He had the power to go back and make sure that the fortress didn't go dark. I can go on and on. The fact is that TPTB only had Clark remember the ring in "Infamous" because it served that particular plot and they also had him conveniently destroy the ring so that whatever happens in the future cannot be erased.

Comment

I think that Clark cares about Lois, but I don't think this episode showed that Clark chose Lois over Lana as that would also mean that he chose Lois over every other person that has been hurt or killed as a result of his past decisions or indecisions (including his dad). The farther he goes back in time the worse the unintended consequences could be. I try not to read too much into episodes like this. To me, the writers simply wanted to have a "what if" type of story where we can see what everyone's reaction would be to Clark revealing his secret and then undo it all in the end using the time reversal plot device to take him back where he started at the beginning of the episode. I don't think there was any deeper meaning with him going back to that point in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎