Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is Sarah's Character to the success of the Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is Sarah's Character to the success of the Show?

This is just something I've been thinking about and I wondered what others thought as well.

If for some reason Yvonne Strahovski left the show, do you think it would survive? Or is the character Sarah intrinsic to Chuck's success?

There have been a few shows that have successfully changed main characters. The one that comes readily to mind is Jag - where Cathrine Bell didn't come on board until the 2nd season. Maybe you can think of other examples as well.

Would the premise of the show Chuck be strong enough to keep viewers if they brought in a new female agent to watch over Chuck in season three?

(btw this is my 500th post! So I think that makes me a "whiz" now - I wonder if I get a wand?)

First off, her role is second in importance to Chuck himself imo. Sarah is the one that found Chuck first, shes taook care of him, and now their is a love story between them.

Second im pretty sure her contract is non negotiable for 6 years. She have to pay a butload of money to get out of it, if they say ok.

After six years if the show is still going, I still think the show would hurt without her. Chuck just isnt Chuck anymore without Sarah!

Comment

Exactly, she's crucial to the show.

Comment

They couldn't do the show without her, and they wouldn't

Comment

as great as chuck is I watch the show for yvonne strahovski's sarah walker though I have to say I also enjoy having adam baldwin around to protect chuck and sarah lancaster around to be chucks sister.

Comment

I say she's pretty crucial, I mean as annoying as any TV back and fourth yo-yo romances can be, she's very much a part of the dynamic of the show, and not just for the romance and female hottie aspect but she's also an essential part of the team, balancing out Chuck's naivette and Casey's... well, Casey-ness. I think you need all three of them, and though you might be able to cast someone else in to fill the gap if anyone of them left, well I'm not sure the fans will go for that very easily.

Comment

I like the chemistry between Chuck and Sarah. One of the best selling points for the show is Sarah. That being said Chuck, Sarah and Casey are a great team to watch and any one of them going will be bad for the show.

Comment

Like Chuck, the show couldn't survive without her.

Comment

i dont think it would either. i mean she is one of the biggest characters on the show besides Chuck. Most fans tend to grow on to a character and that would also make fans angry if she was to leave the show.

Comment

she is important in every part of chucks life.
                    she is in his privat non spy life and in his spy life

Comment

I hope Chris and Josh don't damage her character because there on thin ice already. There writing soap style love triangles into a show. one love triangle is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian250
                        I hope Chris and Josh don't damage her character because there on thin ice already. There writing soap style love triangles into a show. one love triangle is enough.
                        It's beginning to look that way.
                        One of the reasons I like the show is it doesn't have a lot of angst and messy relationships.

Comment

I swear that Chris and Josh should write for a soap instead of dramedy.

Comment

Lol, they do... well Josh does. I don't know about Chris, but Josh was creator of The OC. And Gossip Girl... Chuck's like the only show I've seen him done that's a comedy/action/drama as oppose to teen drama. So really, Chuck/Sarah, being the way they are... not that surprising... and as long as they never get as bad as season 3 of The OC I say we're doing pretty good.
                            Last edited by Daddylion; 11-09-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Chuck,Sarah & Casey.This team works well together.I enjoy their chemestry,sacarstic remarks,jokes ect.So,why changing it?If one of this 3 characters leave the show,it will be over.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎