No announcement yet.

He's Just Not That Into You?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clana4Life
    You think so? I hope not. I don't think there are enough shippers of any other ships to cause any real wars.

hahaah true about that.

And I also agree about Clark not into her. There doing Clois now because Smallville is going to end soon.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I think he will don something, maybe with shades. Otherwise Infamous & Identity were pointless episodes. There has to be some development. It's been proven over & over that Clark Kent can't go out and do the things Superman will do without doing something to cover up his identity. If he can't fool Lois as the Blur, how will he fool her as Superman?

If such a storyline isn't favored, then I fail to understand how people would like the Lois being romantically interested in Superman but not Clark that is a classic scenario with Superman. It's not even a true triangle really because there are only 2 people involved and Clark's own Clark Kent persona won't be in the exchange.

I want something to happen that will make Clark don a pre-Superman costume of sorts and for it to fail so that we have some development.

The more modern comics have her in love with Clark Kent first, right? I'd prefer that. I'd like for him to tell her his secret after they're together. All of this toying around with faux-Superman outfits and similar Clark/Superman/Lois storylines makes me just want the real thing. You're probably right - this will be the big triangle for Season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Promise
        hahaah true about that.
        You think so? It seemed to me that there are many more Clanaers on KSite now than there were when I first joined, at least.

And I also agree about Clark not into her. There doing Clois now because Smallville is going to end soon.
        I'm confused. You think Clark isn't into her but they're doing Clois? That seems contradictory to me.

Comment

Clark must be an entirely seperate entity from the people who are writting him

Comment

The more modern comics have her in love with Clark Kent first, right? I'd prefer that. I'd like for him to tell her his secret after they're together. All of this toying around with faux-Superman outfits and similar Clark/Superman/Lois storylines makes me just want the real thing. You're probably right - this will be the big triangle for Season 9.
            I have this feeling that this Lois will never be infatuated with Superman like THLois was at some point, but I can see her flattered by his interest, and even feeling like 'well, at least this great guy pays some attention to me', or something along these lines. But in love with him? I am not so sure, especially when you consider how strongly she is already feeling about Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
              I completely agree with this! I was a little surprised that she wasn't more cold to him...But I definitely think, like you said, now that she has her answer, she'll be throwing herself in to her work and ignoring Clark..
              I think Lois is definitely done being the pursuer....Clark's going to have to take the reins once he figures out how the heck he feels...
              Martha always said 'he moved at his own pace."
              The snark was back, but definitely with less bite. However, now, oh yeah, Lois is done pursuing Clark but little does she know she's still going to be pursuing Clark. Clark does, though. And because his pace is going to be picking up, I think he's going to enjoy being the pursuer and the pursued. Since season 9 is likely a go, it'll almost surely still be rather downplayed until next season. But we'll see in the next few weeks what lies in store.

Comment

I disagree with you here. I do like that they ARE having her fall for Clark first. But I never really liked Clark trying to pursue a relationship with Lana without telling her his secret. He even slept with her first, and I do think that's wrong. I think he's entitled to his secrets, naturally, but when he decides that he wants to be with another person - particularly sexually - then I think she should know certain things about him. If it's just a few dates, that's fine, but at the point where the relationship becomes serious, then she should know that he's an alien and he has powers and that perhaps these facts may put her life in danger.

I wasn't particularly thrilled that Clark didn't tell Lois about his secret until AFTER he proposed to her in the comics. Don't get me wrong; I understand it. I understood it on LnC, when he wanted to know she loved him for HIM first and foremost. But I'm still uncomfortable with it. In a Smallville setting, I think it would have made perfect sense for Lana to have not been okay with Clark's secret - at least at first. She hadn't exactly had much GOOD experience with meteor freaks, and definitely not with other Kryptonians. She would have been perfectly right to wig out for a couple of days and then process it. I liked that he told her his secret first in "Requiem" and then asked for her hand because - particularly if she was going to marry him - she did have a right to know that particular secret about him. And I think it's something she needed to know before making that decision.

Same goes for Lois. I think if the relationship gets serious, it's something she should know about him before things go too far. She has a right to decide for herself if that's something she can deal with in her life. It's like talking about religion (if it's important to you). It doesn't have to come out on a first date, but if you're seriously Roman Catholic and you're dating someone who's Jewish but you feel like you HAVE to have your children baptized and couldn't accept it if they weren't, then that's something that should come out and be discussed before things get too terribly serious. Certainly before wedidng wings and baby blankets come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                  You think so? It seemed to me that there are many more Clanaers on KSite now than there were when I first joined, at least.

Well I couldn't tell from the last 5 episodes. I just knew that during the Clois haitus(11/20-02/05) KSite would be a field day for Clanaers, and regular Smallville fans for once.

I'm confused. You think Clark isn't into her but they're doing Clois? That seems contradictory to me.
                  haha, sorry, right now, Clark isn't into her, but TPTB are slowly creating Clois because Clark is soon becoming Superman, hence why (they're doing Clois) before Smallville ends. Clear?
                  Last edited by Promise; 03-13-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                    The part that I don't agree with you, Clana4life, is that Clark cares for Lois the same way he cares for Chloe. I don't think it is the same thing. Chloe is his best friend, and he cares for her deeply, but with Lois is another thing entirelly. It is not love yet, and it is something that Clark is not able to define yet. I guess his relationship with Lois was always very difficult for him to define. And to add to this confusing thing, he still has to deal with his love for Lana, and the discovery that he is attracted to Lois, and that his feelings for her (even if it is not love yet) are deeper than he thought.

Wouldn't anyone be confused in his place? The truth is that he is not ready for those feelins, whatever they are, but he also doesn't want to tell her he isn't interested, because that is not the plain truth either. He could tell her that he isn't ready, and that he doesn't know what he is feeling, and that he isn't still where she is emotionally, and that right now, being together would be a bad move. And I think he did consider doing that. After all, he did got all dressed up, and he went to the café. But once again, confused as Clark Kent always is, instead of coming to her and just say this, he preferred to just ignore it for now.

But you are right. Lois feels much more for Clark than he doesn for her right now. But he does feel for her, and I am guessing, enough to confuse him. After all, if he feels he is special, as a friend, why not come to her and tell her something like he told Chloe in the past: "I don't feel that way about you. Not for now." But he didn't, and when Lois started to dance around the subject at the Planet he said that it was "complicated", or something like that. So, once again, if a guy is not interested, what is complicated about that?

But, if a guy is interested, and he is just coming from another relationship with someone he deeply loved, and this relationship ended tragically... Well, it is complicated, because it is not that black and white. And if, on the top of all that, he just got a glimpse about how this girl truly feels about him, and he is not ready for her, but he has a feeling that he might be one day... And you are Clark Kent, what would do?

Right now, I think we don't get a clear insight into Clark's feelings because Clark is confused. At least, that is how I see it. He doesn't know how he feels. And I don't think that he is supposed to know it. He was starting to move on, when Lana came back. They resumed their relationship, and things went wrong, and his heart was broken once again. But those feelings he started to develop for Lois are there still, in his infancy, pretty much as they were before, with the added complication of his old feelings for Lana that just resurfaced when she came back. It is really not an easy place to be.

However, I would have preferred if Clark went to the coffe shop and talked with Lois of about his feelings, as confused as they were. Maybe she would get hurt, but she had been there before and she would understand. His choice made it seem, to her at least, that he didn't care enough for her, as a friend, to come to her and tell her he didn't want to be with her romantically. So, she was hurt twice: first, because she thought he wasn't interested, and second, because she thought that she wasn't important enough for him, as a friend, to deserve to listen this from him.
                    Hi Liana, great post! I think there are feelings there. It is the depth and magnitude of those feelings I question. They seem similar to the feelings he once had for Chloe. Do you think that's a fair/accurate comparison? He never pursued a relationship with Chloe, but there were Chlark moments in the past that mimick this current situation with Lois.

I need to go back and watch the episode again, but I think Clark told Lois that things got complicated after she left. I figured he was referring to Brainiac, Doomsday, Lana, Lex and all of the major things that happened while she was gone.

I agree with you, it is a complicated time for Clark. I wouldn't want to rush him or this relationship. He seems to be taken steps to prevent himself from feeling anything more and discouraging her from further interest as well. I, too would have preferred that he went and explained everything to Lois. But I would have preferred that Lois let Clark bring it up, too. Considering his frame of mind, I don't think he would have and maybe then she wouldn't have had to be hurt like she was at the coffee house.

Comment

Well I couldn't tell from the last 5 episodes. I just knew that during the Clois haitus(11/20-02/05) KSite would be a field day for Clanaers, and regular Smallville fans for once.
                      What are "regular Smallville fans?"

Comment

I think all this episode to me proves is these writers shouldn't be writing relationship drama. They seem to like over the top dramatic situations as seen by 7 1/2 years of Clana and it seems to be going the same route with Lois and Clark. People can actually have an angst free relationship and it can be entertaining but the producers of this show feel differently

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                          What are "regular Smallville fans?"
                          Fans that can talk about an episode respectively without bashing how much they hate Lana or any shipper, I mean the story is about Clark. Don't believe me???, go ahead and review the last 5 episodes prior to Infamous.

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we lot - other shippers and non-shippers - weren't "regular Smallville fans."

Anyway, I'm not surprised that Clana fans came back when KK did, of course. It's just that I know this site hasn't been the friendliest to them since I joined, so I always have felt rather sad at how few of them seemed to come here.

haha, sorry, right now, Clark isn't into her, but TPTB are slowly creating Clois because Clark is soon becoming Superman, hence why (they're doing Clois) before Smallville ends. Clear?
                            Ah. That does make sense. I do think they're doing Clois slowly for that reason. Don't know that I'm happy about it. But I do think they're doing it.

Comment

I disagree with you here. I do like that they ARE having her fall for Clark first. But I never really liked Clark trying to pursue a relationship with Lana without telling her his secret. He even slept with her first, and I do think that's wrong. I think he's entitled to his secrets, naturally, but when he decides that he wants to be with another person - particularly sexually - then I think she should know certain things about him. If it's just a few dates, that's fine, but at the point where the relationship becomes serious, then she should know that he's an alien and he has powers and that perhaps these facts may put her life in danger.

I wasn't particularly thrilled that Clark didn't tell Lois about his secret until AFTER he proposed to her in the comics. Don't get me wrong; I understand it. I understood it on LnC, when he wanted to know she loved him for HIM first and foremost. But I'm still uncomfortable with it. In a Smallville setting, I think it would have made perfect sense for Lana to have not been okay with Clark's secret - at least at first. She hadn't exactly had much GOOD experience with meteor freaks, and definitely not with other Kryptonians. She would have been perfectly right to wig out for a couple of days and then process it. I liked that he told her his secret first in "Requiem" and then asked for her hand because - particularly if she was going to marry him - she did have a right to know that particular secret about him. And I think it's something she needed to know before making that decision.

Same goes for Lois. I think if the relationship gets serious, it's something she should know about him before things go too far. She has a right to decide for herself if that's something she can deal with in her life. It's like talking about religion (if it's important to you). It doesn't have to come out on a first date, but if you're seriously Roman Catholic and you're dating someone who's Jewish but you feel like you HAVE to have your children baptized and couldn't accept it if they weren't, then that's something that should come out and be discussed before things get too terribly serious. Certainly before wedidng wings and baby blankets come out.
                              That is actually what I meant - when things got serious. I don't want him to wait until he proposes, but I don't want him to tell her when things are very new (like in the beginning stages). Once love and exclusivity come into play, then I think he should tell her. I don't want the Clark/Lois/Superman triangle. As much as I love the movies, Superman 2, where she knows the truth is my favorite, because she knows.

The religion analogy is a good example.

Comment

Fans that can talk about an episode respectively without bashing how much they hate Lana or any shipper, I mean the story is about Clark. Don't believe me???, go ahead and review the last 5 episodes prior to Infamous.
                                Look at any review. Look at the number of posts about how Chloe has no purpose, or about how Lois should die. Yadda yadda yadda. It's sad that there's so much of that going on, but there is. And I do object to the implication that this stuff comes strictly - or even mainly - from Lois/Clois fans. There is no group of fans that can claim their hands are clean when it comes to mud slinging. If you don't believe that, then I can show you a number of posts from Lana fans, Chloe fans, Lois fans, etc.

I don't think we need to be talking about who's a "regular" fan and who's not. We're all "regular" fans. Some of us are just more respectful than others...and that happens in any large group and in any fandom, I expect.

But unless there's any group that's innocent of giving as many of the insulting comments as they get, I wouldn't implicate a group in causing the mudslinging, if I were you. And, trust me, I've faced a number of ugly posts from fans of ALL groups in my day, so there IS no innocent group out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎