No announcement yet.

Erica Durance's Performance in Infamous

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Queenrocks77
    I loved that moment when she was waiting for Clark and he texted her. reminded me of a Clana moment, but better because it wasn't Clana!!!!
    I'm afraid they might turn Lois into Lana. I DON'T WANT HER TO BE LIKE THAT!

Comment

• What did she mean when she said, "When you first told me, I thought...anybody but Clark. And not because of the whole alien thing."

--I Don't get it. She said this right after discussing how people go their whole lives to stand out and be special...so, my best guess is that Lois is saying she was surprised to see how special Clark was in that he was a hero...not special as in "alien."

I think it could've been written more clearly, but what do you guys think? Was she saying she was surprised he was a "special/hero"?

Comment

• lol - it was particularly impressive considering the script was working against her. Caroline Dries' incomprehensible dialogue ensured I had no idea what the hell Lois was talking about, but the scene still resonated for me emotionally because of Erica's performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by interstellar
          lol - it was particularly impressive considering the script was working against her. Caroline Dries' incomprehensible dialogue ensured I had no idea what the hell Lois was talking about, but the scene still resonated for me emotionally because of Erica's performance.
          I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the dialogue was bad in that particular scene.

Comment

• This was awesome acting from Erica.

Comment

• She was great :P

Comment

• THIS is why Erica won best actress. She's simply very talented and her talent shone through this season. The poll is a great indicator and the vast, vast majority believe that Erica is a good actress.

Comment

• She is brilliant in this one. From her not being happy with Clark for leaving her stranded at the airport, to her impatience with his trying to explain himself, to her laughing at Clark telling her he's The Blur, to her incredulity at him describing his involvement in past events, to her amazement when he demonstrates his ability by lifting the desk with her on it, to her putting two and two together, to her going into journo mode and asking what else he can do, to her admiration of his heroics and trust in her, to her defending him against the lies against him, to her explanation for why this was such a big deal for her personally, to her sad resignation that she'll be out of the loop once more after Clark resets time, to her friendly jabs when he actually does pick her up from the airport, to her fighting her emotions and putting her tough facade back up after he stands her up, Erica hits each note perfectly.

Somewhere from season 7 onwards, Erica's acting went up several notches. Maybe it was a case of not being given enough of the right material in the early years to showcase her abilities, or maybe those abilities were developed by her over time to the point where the writers could trust her to deliver the material, but she shows herself to be fully capable of delivering Lois' emotional vulnerability without losing Lois' attitude and quick tongue. It makes her a joy to watch.

Comment

• Some of you might be aware that I have written a number of fics based on events depicted (or in a lot of cases, not depicted) on the show. When it comes to physical descriptions of characters and locations, I use a screencaps site called Home Of The Nutty so I have accurate visual references. My latest story is set around this episode so I've also been viewing clips and reading the episode transcript to make sure I don't mention anything that didn't happen in the original timeline. Although it's not in this story, I had a quick glance at the barn scene and noticed that Lois' sense of disappointment is actually apparent a lot earlier than when she verbalises it. When Clark mentions about the Legion ring allowing him to go to any moment in time, her face drops. I think it's then that she knows he will never tell her his secret again. It's very subtle but there is an excellent screencap of that moment. Erica conveys what Lois is feeling there superbly, as she does with everything else in this episode.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎