No announcement yet.

Are we back on track?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desertcoyote
    Baby Steps... the writers have to answer for a couple of issues this season:

1. Lana returning. What was the point? For Clark to have closure? I thought he had it when she dumped him via DVD. Was he happy with the situation? Of course not, but it was still closure. Instead they retconned the end of last season so they can bring Lana back, only to take her away in a manner that hurts Clark the most, having her absorb kryptonite. That just seemed lame to me.

2. Clark's (still) lack of maturity. His maturity is even more important now that he's acting as Metropolis' hidden hero. Infamous highlighted that fact with Clark's incredible short sightedness in rejecting Lake's blackmail without a proper plan. His belief that the feds wouldn't want to "talk" to him was just silly. Thinking his "coming out" wouldn't affect the lives of his friends and family in a negative way was just plain stupid, not to mention extremely dangerous. That was a lesson Clark should have learned when a Metro Cop tried to blackmail him with harming his family unless he stole for said cop.

Now how can the writers redeem themselves? Here's two quick ideas:

1. Clois. Now that Season 9 is a go let it happen, but don't rush them into a relationship. Let it progress. Especially since Lois probably isn't happy at how quick she was dropped for Lana and that Clark isn't (or shouldn't be) ready for a real relationship.

2. Episodes that allow Clark to grow/mature. Have him realize that he needs to think ahead because his decisions are really matter of life and death. Have him realize that no matter how strong and fast he is, that he can't save everyone (if he hasnt' learned that lesson already). Let's have him notice that as the Red and Blue Blur, he really can't lead humanity by example. That for him to truly inspire the world, he would have to adopt a public persona (Superman) without endangering his friends/family. Let's see him mature into the man that's supposed to become Superman.

Good points but in order for the second one to happen Chloe needs to go. Clark seems helpless without her and Oliver's satelites. I also agree that they need to let CLois progress but Durance is in so few episodes left in S8 that not much can be done there. If they don't bring her back as a co-star in S9 in all episodes then they will have blown it.

Comment

I'm under the assumption that Chloe will be gone either at the end of this season or sometime in Season 9. I can only hope that Lois is in most of the shows next season.

Comment

Originally posted by desertcoyote
        I'm under the assumption that Chloe will be gone either at the end of this season or sometime in Season 9. I can only hope that Lois is in most of the shows next season.
        My guess is that she will be gone this season.

Comment

Originally posted by paolinki25
          A little bit, though that bitter taste from the 2 episodes before this is hard to let go of. It was just that bad.
          It will be a while before this group of writers gains our trust.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
            It will be a while before this group of writers gains our trust.
            lol speak for yourself! I enjoy how this season went. Sont forget that doing too much too soon ruins the rest of the season. I think this episode was done so nicely because when Clark tried to explain to her why he had to go back in time... she didnt understand or want to understand why he had to do it. all she wanted was to be with him and knowing his secret. But if Lois truly did fall for her would she really have written his life story!? I think someone who would truly love the guy would try to convince of doing otherwize.

Comment

Originally posted by tj_powers
              lol speak for yourself! I enjoy how this season went. Sont forget that doing too much too soon ruins the rest of the season. I think this episode was done so nicely because when Clark tried to explain to her why he had to go back in time... she didnt understand or want to understand why he had to do it. all she wanted was to be with him and knowing his secret. But if Lois truly did fall for her would she really have written his life story!? I think someone who would truly love the guy would try to convince of doing otherwize.
              Good points. I didn't like the way Infamous went in that regards. Lois finding out should have been more dramatic.

Comment

i think we r getting there, i wanna see Clark show more his love for Lois and for sure make it seem he forgot Lana, I loved that they put him talking to his mom though and i want him to flyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Tatiana
                  i think we r getting there, i wanna see Clark show more his love for Lois and for sure make it seem he forgot Lana, I loved that they put him talking to his mom though and i want him to flyyyyyyy
                  Bingo. Maybe this week. Imagine the buzz in Metropolis and the Daily Planet when Lois reveals that the Blur can fly!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                    Sort of,baby steps but not enough.
                    Agreed.

Comment

No, it did not. It is like once the snowball hits Smallville it keeps rolling downhill clausing an avalanche to the whole season. I think it will take a few more episodes to recover from the Lana scrap and this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
                        No, it did not. It is like once the snowball hits Smallville it keeps rolling downhill clausing an avalanche to the whole season. I think it will take a few more episodes to recover from the Lana scrap and this episode.
                        Unfortunately Durance is only in a few remaining episodes. What a horrible mistake.

Comment

I don't know yet. I have to see the next two episodes first.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎