Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about the paitings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't get the whole eclipse thing. If they're going to go into the whole shadows block powers thing, then shouldn't all shadows block their powers. Because that's all it is, unless I've missed something about eclipses. Maybe their like Superman and get their powers from the yellow sun? But, I don't read all of the behind the scenes stuff, so I might just be totally lost.

And I thought Sylar just had to see how an ability worked, then he could use it? Peter they actually showed the effects of absorbing all of those powers in season one. I think, I might remember Mohinder saying something about Sylar, and all of the modifications to his DNA was messing with his head, unless that was somebody else. So you might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
      I honestly don't get the whole eclipse thing. If they're going to go into the whole shadows block powers thing, then shouldn't all shadows block their powers. Because that's all it is, unless I've missed something about eclipses. Maybe their like Superman and get their powers from the yellow sun? But, I don't read all of the behind the scenes stuff, so I might just be totally lost.

And I thought Sylar just had to see how an ability worked, then he could use it? Peter they actually showed the effects of absorbing all of those powers in season one. I think, I might remember Mohinder saying something about Sylar, and all of the modifications to his DNA was messing with his head, unless that was somebody else. So you might be right.
      HRG was the one who said that when he first captures Sylar in season 1. Hrmm yeah I didn't like the eclipse thing too. My idea was there had to be more than one particular eclipse within the 400 years adam lived. Either way it should of took his power and killed him. Unless we were suppose to think that each eclipse is different, sometimes take powers away, sometimes it fluctuates, sometimes it gives people power like in the first episode. Practically all the main characters powers developed during the first episode/first eclipse we saw. Then again does that mean if the Hatian comes in contact with Adam does that take away Adam's life, it technically should. It was complete BULL when Adam said that if they could of killed him they would have, when there are so many ways to kill Adam for example they could of use the vortex guy to kill Adam.

Anyways not comming up with great ideas why eclipse have a special thing with evolving people or taking away an ability. Maybe depending on the eclipse like how much it takes up the sun or how it covers it may depend on what happens to the evolve people. I think the best idea I can come up with since without the sun there is no life and the sun was the beginning of life and kept things to evolve. The sun emits radiation and that usually means mutations or evolution. Perhaps during certain eclipses not sure how many it emits some type of thing that makes certain people to react.

Comment

Yeah, they should call them eclipsed humans not evolved humans. Because the eclipse has the power to take their powers away or give them back.

And the sun going down probably has the same effect has an eclipse. It's the shadow of the earth instead of the moon, is there a difference?

And it was never really made clear in the first season how the eclipse affected them, was it?

Comment

Nope I don't remember in particular. I think they might of discussed it a little with Arthur + Mo. I think Mo first found interest in the eclipse that was comming and either he said it or the "preview of the show" said that the eclipse brought them together or something. Anyway it might have somethign to do with radiation that's my guess. Your not suppose to look at an eclipse directly too so who knows all the details, the writers could help us with this lol. Someone should ask in an interview haha.

Comment

Yeah, I think they kinda made this all up in season three. Since it was never stated directly in any of the other seasons how the eclipse affected them.

And I too wish the writers would do a better job explaining stuff. Who do they think they're dealing with here? A bunch of mindless viewers? I think most of the people who still watch this show are the fans. And they need to make things make sense, or else your have people like me bringing up questions.

But it seems like this is how this show is done anymore. Right after season one they just started throwing plot holes everywhere. And the one around Sylar's power loss is the size of the Grand Canyon. Unless you read all of the interviews and comics.

Comment

Ok the that future does not exist lol. One way to tell is that knox is dead and he is not comming back. So that future no longer exists

Comment

Only thing i have to say is doesn't nuke/luke have an early form of ted's power. right now he uses micro waves to heat things up but it wouldn't take much for it to turn into nuclear radiation waves would it. could Luke be coming back or did sylar take that power from luke with his empathic abilities and just doesn't know it yet.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Level5
                Was it ever made known that Sylar lost all of his powers on the show? Or was that something they said behind the scenes? Because I seriously don't remember him losing his powers.
                when he is talking to mohinder in powerless maya asks him if he was injected with the same virus as nikki cause he lost his powers too. so my source is Maya but sylar's look told you it was true.
                Last edited by oldblackmagick; 03-10-2009, 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by oldblackmagick
                  Only thing i have to say is doesn't nuke/luke have an early form of ted's power. right now he uses micro waves to heat things up but it wouldn't take much for it to turn into nuclear radiation waves would it. could Luke be coming back or did sylar take that power from luke with his empathic abilities and just doesn't know it yet.
                  Sylar never does anything without knowing what he is doing. And he never quite showed any empathy during the encounter with Luke so I doubt he took the power passively. I'm also getting the idea that he has somewhat learned to control his hunger and only takes powers that he can only use. Why take a power if you don't need it?

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                    Sylar never does anything without knowing what he is doing. And he never quite showed any empathy during the encounter with Luke so I doubt he took the power passively. I'm also getting the idea that he has somewhat learned to control his hunger and only takes powers that he can only use. Why take a power if you don't need it?
                    But that's the thing. he was connecting with luke and could understand and empathize with luke and his story. Now i know sylar usually knows what he is doing but he was in a heightened emotional state finding out about his mother's death and all. And besides he may know exactly what he did by absorbing luke's power. Maybe that was when he finally got rid of him. He does seem to be more thoughtful about which lives he is going to take. He isn't looking for a fight...or at least he is looking for the right fight IMO

Comment

Why are you assuming that the 2 paintings are linked events?

How many episodes are left? They havent averted any major disasters.

Just because Parkman had a bomb on his chest, does not mean that was what caused the explosion in DC.

Comment

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Yoshua
                        Why are you assuming that the 2 paintings are linked events?

How many episodes are left? They havent averted any major disasters.

Just because Parkman had a bomb on his chest, does not mean that was what caused the explosion in DC.
                        ^^^That's what I am saying. I think that the hunter tried to force a painting to come true but just like most of the painting can't be avoided...they can't be forced either. Everything in its own time and way. Thats why i think that the explosion matt painted has something to do with Nuke!Luke
                        Last edited by oldblackmagick; 03-10-2009, 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It just seem like it was because right after Matt painted himself strapped up with bombs he looked below him and said NO I don't want this as if it's something he'll do. Actually nevermind I take that back looks like you guys are right.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎