NBC Have Not Got A Clue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Have Not Got A Clue

Hi All,

I dont usually post on forums so you will have to excuse me if anything like this has been posted before.

I live in the UK and we have not even seen Series 1 or the Pilot Episode yet on our screens...I dont even no if any channel has bought the rites to show it. I am very surprised by this as the original Knight Rider was huge over here as where all the other 80's shows like A-Team, Airwolf etc.

I would have thought that before NBC cancelled any show they would see how the international ratings faired as there have been shows in the past that have failed in the US but overseas they have been massive hits and this has kept the show going.

As for the new episodes of Knight Rider, I have seen a few clips on the internet and can understand why the first episodes may have failed due to them changing the original format of Knight Rider. The whole point of it is that "One Man" can make a difference...not "One Man", CIA, FBI, and every other govermant body helping out. This was doomed to fail from the start making it to overcomplicated..

I did see clips of the last episode and was glad to see that they had gone back to the original idea..but is it to late now. If they had done this from the begining it may have stood a chance. Some of the best episodes from the original series where when Micheal went to some small town and accidently stumbles across some bad dealings going off and then helping the small guy, this was the whole point "For people who thought they were above the law". I also like how they have incorporated a bit of humour into Kitt which is good to see. It kinda reminds me of Data in Star Trek TNG when he was trying to become more human.

I wish that before the penned any episodes that they would have asked the fans for there input and maybe this would have produced much better episodes.

I really hope they give it another chance in its new current format...but alas I think that this is highly unlikely reading news from the internet.

That's what I don't get, I mean the reason why shows like 'Friends' lasted as long as it did was because it was gaining lots of money around the world and NBC knew that. NBC should wait to see how Knight Rider does in other countries before they decide whether or not to keep it. If they did cancel it then it's typical of an american network, even if the new was a direct copy of the old one (which of course is what the haters wanted even though they don't admit it) then they would still cancel it.
    Now things are different, there are lots of crappy over rated reality TV shows which is responsible for scripted TV shows getting cancelled. I still believe that ratings ARE made up to begin with, the reason is because over 95% of the time it is scripted shows that get cancelled. Not sports shows, not animated shows, not documentry shows, not reality shows, not quiz shows and not other types of shows. Sure you get the occasional cancellation of other types of TV shows but most of the time it is scripted shows that gets cancelled. There is a conspiracy to wipe out scripted TV shows simple as that.
    Last edited by drew-crypto84; 03-07-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Friends? You compare the after birth that was KR to Friends a show that was on for like 10 yrs and was always highly rated? You must be on drugs! KR has never had one episode even remotely well written to anything on friends!

Sure NBC should just waste money on hopes the french adopt KR as they did Jerry Lewis! Rider lasted this long for the simple reason that Ford sponsored it as a weekly commercial for its cars! Thats it! SHOW WAS EBYOND BAD!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎