No announcement yet.

Cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antithesis
    No she wasn't. Patrisha McPhereson wasn't in the movie, and none of the credits list the character of Bonnie Barstow or even Bonnie for that matter.
    Oh really i did not know that then who is the the charecter then that was his mother apparently she was part of the original series

Comment

She wasn't and we never got any info as to how she fits into the original series time line or even who she was other than her name being Jennifer Traceur. If Mike's age and date of birth (June 10th, 1983) is consistent with what was shown in the backdoor pilot on his license, then he was conceived at somewhere around September/October 1982. All in all, it's rather screwy...

IMO, I still think Jennifer wasn't meant to be his real mother and that she adopted him. Kind of fits with the weird way Michael described how she loved him from the very first day. But that might just be one of those issues that couldn't be worked on due to the strike.

Jennifer or IF there was going to be some plan of another woman who would be his real mother she could easily have been one of Michael's off camera "lady friends" that KITT use to complain about and his detours to visit them.

Personally, I'd prefer her to be someone in that capacity since it would just be too messy for it to be Bonnie, Stevie, April, Jennifer Knight, who we didn't know of until season four IIRC and she didn't like Michael and besides it would have been just creepy since he looks exactly like her brother. I guess it could have been one of the girls of the week but meh.... I'd also prefer that Michael didn't find out until some point after the original series but what's done is done.

Anyway, apparently according to GST the show STILL isn't canceled officially yet but how it performs internationally (where it's just getting started up) is going to be a big factor in whether KR makes it to a season two or not.

MOD EDIT

Personally I don't believe it'll matter as NBC nor well anyone cares about online petitions due to their anonymous nature and how any idiot can jump on and sign with bogus names. But whatever... I guess it's better than nothing. Letter writing to Angela Bromstad (current NBC president of programming) is a better method though she probably doesn't read any of it..
      Last edited by Atomic girl; 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM. Reason: no petitions allowed

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
        how does Leno affect primetime slots?
        Starting in June, Jay Leno will have a "new" show every weeknight at 10 p.m. I am still unclear how much of Leno's current Tonight Show will stay with him and how much will be picked up by Conan O'Brien (who takes over Leno's old spot).

The reasoning for this move being that Leno's show is cheaper to produce than most fictional shows, thus saving NBC money. Particularly with Law and Order and ER ending this season. And it keeps Leno on NBC and not moving to one of their competitors.

But primetime is typically the three-hour period from 8-11. Consequently, Leno will be taking up a third of the weekly primetime time slots on NBC.

Comment

Really??

You know..I'm not surprised at NBC's actions. It was doing pretty good in the ratings. top 10 every week. not all of their shows even made it to the top 10. the only other ones were I believe..Law and Order. there's been other shows on other networks that get season renews that have lower ratings than KR did. Give it another chance!! The writers are finally telling the proper stories (sure..it's a little late). get it back on the air, and continue the new adventures of the new F.L.A.G and "a man and his car". keep it simple, and follow what happened in the original. Stop messing around with story continuity and leave it as is. it's not the ratings..it's NBC that is to blame.

Comment

I'm surprised it took this long. They should have used the trans am from the 80s if they wanted to do Knight Rider properly.

Comment

Maybe the Live+7= 5.98 mil. for #1-16: "Knight And The City" will help a bit. It gained
              over a million viewers. (Week of Feb. 16-22)

Comment

Ok, I am surprised of this, I havent got chance to see the movie pilot for this show, I thought it had potential with an all new cast and a new KITT. I remember the previous failures, Knight Rider 2000,Knight Rider 2010 and Team Knight Rider.
                Knight Rider 2000 was based upon the original show, although they killed Devon Miles and
                made KITT into a 1956 Chevy. It was an action packed movie, but it failed, the new operators for FLAG werent as good as Michael and KITT. Team Knight Rider lasted one season, and was never picked up again. There were rumors for a big screen adaptation of Knight Rider with The Holff as executive producer but I no longer have any information of this. With the new show cancelled, what is the future of Knight Rider???

Comment

KR2000 actually had great ratings but the response to it was terrible and it didn't test well either.

Hasselhoff didn't have any film rights, at first he and Glen Larson (he owns the film rights to Knight Rider, BSG and I think all the shows he created) were working together on it but then Hasselhoff went behind his back and pitched it to Revolution Studios which was stupid for David and Revolution Studios being the idiots they are didn't even want the car to talk. IIRC, it was originally going to be him taking on a Devon like role as his son took over, which sounds kind of familiar doesn't it? Oh and some messed up thing about Devon/Edward Mulhare being a hologram.

Currently, Glen is polishing the script for the Weinstein Company on a re-imagining that won't have anything to do with the TV series and David is not at all involved as he and Glen haven't been on all that good of terms since. If you have the first season of Knight Rider, listen to the commentary with Hasselhoff and Larson.
                  Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Show canceled? Not surprised at all and glad! Show was a freaking waste of time and resources! It was a complete joke and simply an ad for the Mustang!

Sorry folks, truth hurts! Show was a piece of crap from day one, made half of the crap on Sci-Fi channel seem good in comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by hyped1
                      Show canceled? Not surprised at all and glad! Show was a freaking waste of time and resources! It was a complete joke and simply an ad for the Mustang!

Sorry folks, truth hurts! Show was a piece of crap from day one, made half of the crap on Sci-Fi channel seem good in comparison!
                      What show were you watching? I admit that ford used KR as a advertisement but the show was great and though it could have been better I liked it.

Comment

Let's keep in mind people that no Official word from NBC has come out so Here's hoping a second season will come...not likely but we can always pray..

Comment

Being a fan of the original KR I can say this is somewhat of a bummer to see.

I think this is a shame honestly. I was starting to get into the show finally after the reboot. It seemed to me like it was finally getting to the sweet spot so to speak. The show wasn't the terrorist of the week formula any longer. They slimmed down the extremely bloated cast to where it should have been in the beginning. The only thing they couldn't easily get away from was the "transformer" thing. However, the writers didn't need to do the attack mode, truck mode, old skool mode, or whatever mode in every episode. They could just leave the car in Mustang mode and only do the transformation thing rarely, if ever. I would have been fine with that.

With Mr. Campbell signing on to do a pilot can mean one of two things. One: He wants to keep working so he's in the public eye (smart move on his part). Two: The show is done and he's been released from his contract. Honestly, how many pilots are filmed and never see the light of day? Probably more than most people think.

At any rate, if the show is indeed done then it was fun while it lasted. If the show comes back for a second season then that's great.

Comment

IF and that's a big "if", they make a season 2, i guess they are going back to the original formula of one man can make a difference...

since they had "killed off" Dr. Charles Graiman, then it will be his daughter, Sarah who will fill the role of Devon, and Zoe, as Bonnie's role... they can write-off Bill Morgan... then we will have the "trio" akin to the original KR series....

who am i kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                              crap in a hat... and how does Leno affect primetime slots?

If this keeps up, NBC will become the new Fox..
                              I actually like House & 24 on Fox and very occasionally watch Sarah Conner, Prison Break, and Bones. The new Knight Rider was the only show I watched on NBC other than Late Night With Conan O'Brien and now both of them are gone. So NBC is "Nothing But Crap" for me.

The show could have been much better, but was definitely watchable, especially the last few episodes. I liked Justin as Mike, though I think he could have done a better job had the show not revolved around sex. I loved the original show & they should have made this one a continuation of it with characters having the same type of personality as the original characters did.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kilroy107
                              Let's keep in mind people that no Official word from NBC has come out so Here's hoping a second season will come...not likely but we can always pray..
                              I think it is gone since there haven't been any new episodes for 2 weeks now. And I don't think it was announced that there would be a break.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 03-21-2009, 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am at the Knight Rider festival in Las Vegas and I met and spoke with Justin last night and asked him about whether or not the show has been cancelled. He says he has heard the rumors but has also been told that they will be going to Canada to do some filming. He hopes it will not be cancelled but he doesn't have a lot a faith in NBC.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎