Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter's demand?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the problem is, what does it actually excuse?

say the bomb did go off, loads of people died, and it's reported in the news that a terrorist blew themselves up

1. does danko then call a press conference, revealing that the man has special abilities? does he reveal the secret to the whole world?

2. how does he prove that the abilities had anything to do with the terrorist attack... i mean how in any way does a bomb prove that abilities are dangerous?

3. what does the government then do in response? they can't blow anything up, cause they'd be attacking their own country. and as i said they can't just hunt people down and shoot them because the public will not accept this as a response to one persons actions...

it just doesnt make sense too me...

but i will happily forget it because of course matt is not going to die

Comment

The whole point of the bomb is that 'those' people are terrorist. He's trying to point out they are different compared to everyone else.

Perhaps to show people with abilities will go to extreme measures?

If they find out a person has ability, he's considered to be different as they have abilities. The media could easily manipulate people into thinking they are alll bad and think the same and are extremists etc.

Comment

The media is not that powerful, as i am discovering in my dissertation. Despite negative portrayals of Islam in the media, the first wave of questionnaires i have sent out have come back very positive in terms of people's understanding of Islam and who they blame for the atrocities that have been committed.

People, in general, will never lay down and allow ANYBODY to simply be locked up because they 'might' be a threat, especially not without trial.

No matter how many news items there are trying to persuade them that people with powers are all evil, there will also be seminars, documentaries, forums and general street chat that negates it. That speaks of the truth, the other side of the argument.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎