No announcement yet.

Peter's demand?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter's demand?

i thought peter wanting to trade the tape, of them being loaded onto the plane, for just parkman and daphne was quite stupid, i mean
    a.) why has he and parkman completely forgotten about Mohinder so soon after they were working with him? the least peter could do was ask to get him and maybe also tracy strauss released as well
    b.) this tape could bring down the organization, why trade it for two people's lives when he could bring the organization down and free everyone? this seems more like what peter would do

Yea Peter clearly wasn't thinking, I mean he completely threw Mohinder under the bus.

Comment

I don't think Peter's forgotten about Mo but I do think he's labeled a traitor to them right now. But I do agree that Peter's demands were well...lame. He wasn't thinking of the big picture....

Comment

I think Peter made a bad decision there as well, however, when you're worried about someone you care about deeply your judgment gets impaired. That's probably why he did it, usually he's much more intelligent. And I really hope the Hunter either gets killed or punched very hard in the face, or gets owned b/c I can't stand him. DIE HUNTER!!! Anyway, That's what I think of Pete's decision.

Comment

Peter could have made a backup copy that he kept elsewhere for later use and was going to only trade the original copy for Daphne + Matt

Comment

well mohinder is a risk because he was a monster, and he also betrayed them by not telling them what he knew

tracy straus is also unpredictable and a killer

and Pete has never been one for the big picture... that's Nathan's side, and look what he does with it... Pete is much more down to earth... he sees one life and the value of it, and will happily sacrifice something that is worth much more in order to save it

Comment

Dammit... before anything else he is a loyal friend and he didn't lie to parkman...

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                well mohinder is a risk because he was a monster, and he also betrayed them by not telling them what he knew
                I'm still not sure Mohinder knew that much. And if he did, then why did he let HRG pick him up in the parking garage?

I think Peter should have tried to get as many people as he could, but not Tracy. For all I care, she can stay in jail for the rest of her life.

Comment

The more he asked for the less likely they were to agree to it without trying to double cross him... and think he weighed it up and decided that only getting 2 of his friends back and less risk was better than asking for all of them back and risking getting none

You could see that if it weren't for military man's agenda, Nathan would have agreed too... handing Peter two people he knows are fairly safe (as in dont kill people) would be no skin off his nose compared to being exposed.

If Pete had asked for Tracy or Mohinder, Nathan would have to release people he knows have killed... he would have been a lot less likely too agree.

I actually think Pete's demand was intelligent... you always see people being really arrogant when they get something that huge. I half expected him to demand that all the prisoners be released... but i think i was pleasantly surprised his demands were more realistic, logical and agreeable

As for Mohinder, HRG told him about the project happening and asked him to come on board... it's possible that when getting into HRG's car he was thinking that since HRG had warned him, he might actually want to help. Or that he could maybe bargain or something... he had more chance with HRG than running away from the car didnt he?

Comment

As for Mohinder, HRG told him about the project happening and asked him to come on board... it's possible that when getting into HRG's car he was thinking that since HRG had warned him, he might actually want to help. Or that he could maybe bargain or something... he had more chance with HRG than running away from the car didnt he?
                    Yeah, that does make sense, but I don't know if I would trust HRG.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                      I don't think Peter's forgotten about Mo but I do think he's labeled a traitor to them right now..
                      although, you'd think parkman and peter would forgive him for that after he explained himself and then sacrificed his freedom so parkman could find out about daphne.

I actually think Pete's demand was intelligent... you always see people being really arrogant when they get something that huge. I half expected him to demand that all the prisoners be released... but i think i was pleasantly surprised his demands were more realistic, logical and agreeable
                      hmm i disagree, i think it wasn't very intelligent. he should have demanded something huge because he had the bargaining power and was in a position to demand something huge, its only arrogant if you try to demand something you are not in a position to demand.

plus it seems less caring and perhaps slightly more selfish for peter to have only demanded the people he cared about, rather than trying to bring the whole organization down and free all people with abilities.
                      the tape would create huge controversy and there would be an outcry of human rights protesters, and people like the woman we saw who wanted to free tracy for the organization to continue, so it really is something very important to them and something the organization would do anything to stop from becoming public

Comment

well the video is out... and my guess is that it won't result in the project shutting down... so it doesn't seem like it will have saved anyone

also, he saw parkman's paintings... he would want to have parkman around to keep an eye on him so that he could prevent him from blowing up! that saves a LOT of people

and another thing... the more you demand, the less people are likely to accept it

i don't think he was in much of a position to bargain, for the very reasons it backfired in the end... a) he's just one man, who can easily be taken down b) the government doesnt make deals with whom it considers the enemy, c) the tape is evidently not doing much damage if the project continues on

Comment

well the project might not carry on for much longer (i.e. till the end of the season) and the tapes got zenko so worried that he's resorted to setting parkman up with a bomb in order to save his organization.
                          but yes i do get your points, i guess its just what the writers decided to go with and theres not much point over-analyzing it too much, it just seemed a bit silly to me and stopped me suspending my disbelief for a while.

Comment

i live to over analyse!

i think danko intended for this to happen, because he wants complete freedom to kill them all... but he's an idiot, because even if the world believe that a person with powers had blown them up, a) they did it with a bomb, not their powers and b) you don't kill ALL people with powers just because one of them went bad

i know they are trying to make some analogy to 9/11 and how the terrorist attacks seemed to justify the war in some way to the public, but the terrorist attacks never would have justified killing and locking people up just because they were Muslims and might have the conviction to commit a terrorist attack in the name of Jihad...

Comment

but the attacks did provide support for and an excuse to go to war both in iraq and on 'the global war on terror' and in the same way danko wants an excuse to step up his organization and wants the right to use lethal force, the public wouldn't allow him to kill all people with powers, but would definitely be more sympathetic to his more extreme views and less sympathetic towards the right of the people with powers. so all in all, if the bomb did go off (which we all know it wont) it would be DEVASTATING for everyone with powers

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎