No announcement yet.

peters power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do see where you're coming from, level 5
    changing the main thing for the sake of story progression does seem like the easy road to take. its who they were, the characters that we were introduced to. I mean, peter is an empathetic guy, his power reflected him, but now he just touches people? For story sake, i really hope its his powers in its baby stage
    and its frustrating that they have Hiro's development everywhere. Where did his development go from the Kensei arc?
    That or maybe I just don't get you at all

I just accept it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
      Wow.. Not that I'm disrespecting or dissing your comment but I just think that's super lame. Confident..... is the key to holding or getting his power back wth is the writers thinking when they came up with that. If that's true that's going to be one of the top things of "What messed up Heroes", I'd say that's up in the top 3: #1 being Hiro and Peter losing their power and weakened them down pretty darn well. #2 Having Sylar come back from the death with no explanation. #3 the new one, Hiro can get his power through confidence. The writers geez... I always assume Hiro lost his power due to trying to break rules or laws of the higher power since he tried to change fate and found himself back in Japan without his teleporting power. Well, I see your point though but don't see why the writers would do that.
      Arthur took his power, or is that what you're talking about?

And he always had his power in the first season. He just wasn't sure of himself enough to use it until he got the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by taolbi
        I do see where you're coming from, maybe

changing the main thing for the sake of story progression does seem like the easy road to take. its who they were, the characters that we were introduced to. I mean, peter is an empathetic guy, his power reflected him, but now he just touches people? For story sake, i really hope its his powers in its baby stage
        and its frustrating that they have Hiro's development everywhere. Where did his development go from the Kensei arc?

LOL exactly, from teh guy who was our #1 favorite teleporter/time maniuplation, then to a person who lost his powers through who knows what (probably through loss of confidence like Level5 said), then gained them back because he held a sword(to start the story of Kensei), and then to our hero Ancient Kensei, to a person who continue pursuing time-traveling/ fighting off his nemesis(daphne), then trying to become a villain to get closer to Arthur, then to lose his powers after all of that, and now the viewers are suppose to assume he's going to get a power back or else they really REALLY killed his character, our Pikachu. Too much jumping and now were back to square one where he has no powers but this time according to Arthur it's all gone!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Level5
        Arthur took his power, or is that what you're talking about?

And he always had his power in the first season. He just wasn't sure of himself enough to use it until he got the sword.
        Hrmm maybe my memories are a bit inaccurate but I thought Hiro lost his power in season one when he tried to save Charlie from the past so she could be living in the present, that was a problem to him because a Higher power or something stopped him from doing that and also forced him to go back to Japan and also made it so he couldn't Teleport or time travel anymore, atleast until he held Kensei sword. Once he held that sword he teleported in to the future (5 years gone).
        Last edited by Seyee; 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by taolbi
          I do see where you're coming from, level 5

Yeah, I feel the same why. I feel lost because the main characters were changed so suddenly. And just plain mad because I liked them the way they were and they went and changed their powers.

And yes, Peter's power was who he was. Peter's power made him a nice guy, or the other way around. And that was the cool thing too. Now all he has is a lame; pretty much powerless power.

And I don't accept things as is. I speak my opinion, and will stop watching the show if they don't go back and fix it--or will lose interest in it.
          Last edited by Level5; 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
            Yeah, I feel the same why. I feel lost because the main characters were changed so suddenly. And just plain mad because I liked them the way they were and they went and changed their powers.

And yes, Peter's power was who he was. Peter's power made his a nice guy, or the other way around. And that was the cool think too. Now all he as is a lame; pretty much powerless power.

And I don't accept things as is. I speak my opinion, and will stop watching the show if they don't go back and fix it--or will lose interest in it.
            Yup the writers already gave the statement of having of the the characters saying Sylar is the strongest person alive or something along the line. With BOTH Hiro and Peter being superdowngraded they stand no chance, especially when Peter has to touch Sylar, but how can he with TK.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
              Hrmm maybe my memories are a bit inaccurate but I thought Hiro lost his power in season one when he tried to save Charlie from the past so she could be living in the present, that was a problem to him because a Higher power or something stopped him from doing that and also forced him to go back to Japan and also made it so he couldn't Teleport or time travel anymore, atleast until he held Kensei sword. Once he held that sword he teleported in to the future (5 years gone).
              Oh, I think we were talking about two different things.

Um, I don't think Hiro lost his power there. Just the ability to call his power, because of sadness or something else. I don't know, that was when Hiro was still new at using his power.

Comment

That could be true since it took him awhile to get used to his power and trying to focus his power to do the things he want was hard too. But don't you think it's weird or I guess poor writing just to see him immediately get his power back once he touched the sword due to either him not being sad/depress/ more confident? I think I was better off assuming he got his power from a magical sword lol or that sword was the key to guide him through his path that's how I saw it, rather than it being his mood maker. Anyway we haven't seen Hiro for a loooong time now lol almost seems like 5 episodes lol, I really hope he's going to be in next episode with some explanations, other than I'm a hero without powers so full of nonsense .

Comment

Yeah, the sword means a lot to Japanese I think.

And I hope Hiro comes back too, but not if it's going to be more of the power without power thing. That's just pointless on this show.

Comment

i think peter power is gradually becoming what it was. From last night show he does not have to make physical contact with their skin. Also it showed he can control when the power was activated. Which leads me to believe that it is evolving. As for stacking them up well im sure that will come dont know how the y will explain that though. I think that was angela said to nathan. "He is getting stronger" or something along those lines. I think they will build up the amount of power he can stack at one time. however how he determines which one he loses will be up to them.

I hope it does not take to long though so hopefully by this volume end

Comment

I think the writers purposely had Peter's power taken away back in volume three to prepare for volume four to make it more interesting. I mean if Peter still had all his powers he could just storm in and out of Building 26 whenever he wanted and rescue everybody. But now that he only can hold onto one power at a time it makes the volume way more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfSteel87
                        He took Matt's power before they enter the building looking for Daphne. Matt held the agents off while Peter escaped. Peter took all kinds of files and video of Nathan's actions in capturing and locking up the heroes. Now when Peter was shot, I thought for a minute that he flew off, and I was thinking "holy crap, he can fly again. . . maybe he's got his original powers back", but apparently it was Nathan who saved him. On the roof when Nathan, Peter, and Angela were talking, Peter and Nathan hugged and Peter took the flight power back.
                        ohhhh I didn't notice that nathan saved him I thought it was peter flying off by himself that makes sense now now. im disappointed i was at least hoping peter made an illusion with parkmans power and made it look like he flew off while he really ran away lol

Comment

Originally posted by weemanwise
                          I think the writers purposely had Peter's power taken away back in volume three to prepare for volume four to make it more interesting. I mean if Peter still had all his powers he could just storm in and out of Building 26 whenever he wanted and rescue everybody. But now that he only can hold onto one power at a time it makes the volume way more interesting.

I think this is so true, because if he did have all of his powers then there really would not be a good story line to it. Now I do hope that peters powers come back to normal, or at least being able to hold on to more then one power by the end of this volume. I'm just wondering how is he going to get his scar? And when that happens I think he'll be close or if not already being able to hold on to more then one. I wonder if it's because of sylar that he gets the scar, or that agent........

Comment

...or nathan. Sorry just playing devil's advocate. Plus in episode 20 i think i heard something about him torturing someone....maybe to death. my only problem is though the only one i can think of in building 26 is daphne or tracy...i hope daphne doesn't die but what about tracy. i thought she was going to be getting a big story arc next year for being in the heat torture room alot this volume. oh well NATHAN IS EVIL!!! <<<True Fact!

Comment

Originally posted by weemanwise
                              Yeah, that's why they did it, I know. It's stupid to do this to make a storyline work, it's mean to the Peter fans, (me) and is just lazy writing. How many times are the writers going to take Peter's powers away to make a storyline work?

And this is also why it's a stupid volume, and is losing viewers faster than any other show on TV. You don't change things like this to make the story work--like taking Hiro's and Peter's powers away. And yes, Nathan and his team wouldn't stand a chance--maybe, there are ways to block powers. But that's again why this is a stupid storyline; there are better ways to keep Peter down. They just need to do better than this.

Right now Claire is more powerful than Peter. Which is lame beyond comprehension.

Just give Peter his powers back, but make it hard for him to use it (like in season one, where he struggled to call a power.) Maybe it's too late for that though. At least, do something besides taking it away, please!

Comment

Peter was shot in the shoulder. He can't go to a hospital so I think he would have to go and see Claire to get her power to heal. If he gets her power it may fix him so he can have multiple abilities again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎