Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.J. Smith Book Corner - The Vampire Diaries/Nightworld/Secret Circle Series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.J. Smith Book Corner - The Vampire Diaries/Nightworld/Secret Circle Series

In honor of The CW developing the "The Vampire Diaries" into a show, I thought I'd make a thread for discussion of these books as well as the NightWorld series.

Click on the title below to learn more about VD. **May contain spoilers for the show**

*All book lists in order of publication*

The Vampire Diaries:

The Awakening
    The Struggle
    The Fury
    Dark Reunion

The Vampire Diaries: The Return Series

Nightfall
    Shadow Souls (Out March 16, 2010)
    Midnight

--------------------------------

Click on title to learn more--

Night World Series:

Secret Vampire
    Daughters of Darkness
    Spellbinder
    Dark Angel
    The Chosen
    Soulmate
    Huntress
    Black Dawn
    Witchlight
    Strange Fate
    (Out July 6, 2010)

--------------------------------

The Secret Circle Series:

The Intiation
    The Captive
    The Captive II
    The Power

Release dates per BarnesandNoble.com
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 12-30-2009, 07:28 PM.

Strange Fate isn't out yet, is it?

Also, can I recommend fanfic that's posted on another site and also post a link to LJS's website?
    Last edited by Dustmite; 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah it just came out Feb. 10, wow I didn't even realize that was out too.

I'll check on that for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
        Yeah it just came out Feb. 10, wow I didn't even realize that was out too.

I'll check on that for ya.
        It's out *does a little victory dance*

We've only been waiting 9 years or so I've have to get that as soon as I can. I'm so excited now.

Comment

I need to make a serious bookstore trip! Then again, I do that often, LOL.

I know right? So happy it's out

Oh, crap, I should add The Secret Circle series to this shouldn't I...

----- Added 34 Minutes later -----

Replying to this here:

Originally posted by Dustmite
          My two favourites again. Are you reading my mind? *suspicious*

They were both so strong in completely different ways and they weren't willing to be walked all over or accept things on terms that they weren't comfortable with. I loved that about them.
          Ah well, you know the saying, great minds...

ITA. Mary-Lynnette didn't give Ash an inch and stood up to him, something he wasn't used to. Rashel too but in a different way...
          Last edited by WickedJenn; 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I remember reading the Vampire Diaries and the Secret Circle in the early ninties.. awesome books... totally recommend them

She also wrote some other books that were ok.. but not as good as the above.. The Forbidden Game trilogy and another one.. can't remember the name

the secret circle trilogy has always been one of my top favorites from growing up

never got into NW though

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about the thread, Jenn. I'll hope the next two are better.

Comment

Originally posted by ktina
                Thanks for letting me know about the thread, Jenn. I'll hope the next two are better.
                No problem

I know, my thoughts on Nightfall were pretty much exactly what you had said.

To me it had a bit too much of the "fantastical" about it. You're right, it was pretty jumpy and I had to really notate which character's p.o.v. I was reading. Stefan was hardly involved at all which stunk, even though Damon is my favorite.

The, while trying not to give too much away, "evil beings" they dealt with made me sit there and go, "Uh, what?"

I also wish there was a bit more Bonnie/Damon. I loved that one part in particular, I think you know which one, especially.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                  I also wish there was a bit more Bonnie/Damon. I loved that one part in particular, I think you know which one, especially.
                  I kept on waiting for that to come back up but it was sort of left hanging. Maybe she'll delve into it in the next books.

Comment

I kept on waiting for that to come back up but it was sort of left hanging. Maybe she'll delve into it in the next books.
                    I hope so, because I'm tired of him and Elena, he needs Bonnie

Comment

Dustmite brought Nightworld up in another thread:

I love her Nightworld series, waiting ever so patiently for Strange Fate and hoping it's more on-par with her original writing that the fifth Vampire Diaries.

I think my favorite is Daughters of Darkness but I've always liked Black Dawn a lot too.

Forbidden Game was another series I read a lot as a kid and though it's not a YA romance like the rest The Night of the Solstice will always hold a special place in my young reading heart.

Comment

So, I'm on the 5th book and I can't say that I'm liking it as much as the other books in the series....

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                          So, I'm on the 5th book and I can't say that I'm liking it as much as the other books in the series....
                          Yeah, the style way too different from the original books. And the plot was too jumbled: too many different points of view and the characters didn't seem like themselves.
                          I won't give up though, I'll wait for the next book and hope she writes it better

Comment

Dustmite brought Nightworld up in another thread:

I love her Nightworld series, waiting ever so patiently for Strange Fate and hoping it's more on-par with her original writing that the fifth Vampire Diaries.

I think my favorite is Daughters of Darkness but I've always liked Black Dawn a lot too.

Forbidden Game was another series I read a lot as a kid and though it's not a YA romance like the rest The Night of the Solstice will always hold a special place in my young reading heart.
                            I think for me it's between Daughters of Darkness and The Chosen. But Ash is by far my favorite vamp.

I still haven't read Forbidden Game series yet, I really need to get those.

Comment

So, the Night World series isn't offered at my library boo. But I'll see if it's available elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎