Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Exploding Future?!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I thought 'ugh not again' but this time I think it's a future that might possibly happen and is not that far fetched given that they are trying to round people up with abilities who do not want to be rounded up. I'll have to reserve judgment til it unfolds more.

Comment

Whether it happens or not it's an overused plot device that needed to died after the first season. Bringing it back for basically the 3rd season in a row is pretty stupid and lazy. They are already in imminent danger from being hunted, you don't need to make some huge explosion to bring them together. This is the equivalent of bring Lana back for the 5 episode Smallville arc (essentially a big FU to the fans), and my bet is it'll be just as disappointing.

God, how I cannot wait to see an episode actually done by Bryan Fuller. Maybe just maybe, he'll be able to put some perspective on this dying show.

Comment

I'm going to guess this is how this "hunting" ends. Our heroes save the day, and get a free pass.

Comment

ugh I almost forgot about the lame ending, but Matt and the ridiculously overkilled painting power again, an exploding future again, all so unnecessary and lazy indeed. I thought it was only Smallville that repeated itself over and over. Guess the lazy disease spread itself on over to Heroes. Round and round it goes, where it'll stop, only cancellation knows.

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
          Is it just me or are they starting to run out of ideas first new york now the white house?
          Definitely. And it's sort of a ripoff of The Dead Zone, Johnny Smith had recurring apocalyptic visions of Washington in flames on that series. At least with NY in the first season it was somewhat different, but doing the cliche washington disaster thing reeks of unoriginality and dead brains in the writing room. Stick a fork in Heroes.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Could this be a take on a terminator-esque storyline. Being that the "nuke" explosion is inevitable and that it's just been postponed. So maybe this "nuked washington" will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
              I'm going to guess this is how this "hunting" ends. Our heroes save the day, and get a free pass.
              That is cheap. It is just like in JLU when Cadmus stopped going after the Justice League because they fought BrainIAC.

Comment

One thing I don't like is Matt having the future/painting power. I was starting to think that when he see that chaman guy is because someone else is giving him the alucination (just like his dad did with NAte and Linderman) but seeing the future? really?
                Anyway, about the new explosion maybe it's something that have to happen you know. They change it but it comes back in a way (Sylar exploding) or another (this time).

Comment

I hate it too, I mean, the whole way Matt got that power by eating poop was stupid. Or is that how he got it?

At any rate, lame either way.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by topo21
                  That is cheap. It is just like in JLU when Cadmus stopped going after the Justice League because they fought BrainIAC.
                  Yeah, but how else do you see this hunting ending? The heroes are going to have to do something to save the world, before the government lets them go free.
                  Last edited by Level5; 02-28-2009, 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

After what Matt, Sylar, and Tracy have done.

I don't see there hunt ever stoping unless everybody in the goverment that knows people have abilities are mindwiped.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                      I hate it too, I mean, the whole way Matt got that power by eating poop was stupid. Or is that how he got it?
                      I never really got it either

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by targis
                      I don't see there hunt ever stoping unless everybody in the goverment that knows people have abilities are mindwiped.
                      Agree, even if they stop the explosion or something they'll be other "Hunters" that aren't gonna like people with abilities
                      Last edited by Novak Fan; 02-28-2009, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by targis
                        After what Matt, Sylar, and Tracy have done.

Mind wiping all of them might take awhile. And Sylar and Tracy are examples of who should be locked up. I don't know about Matt though, he was just protecting himself.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I'll just say the writers sure have dug themselves a hole this time.
                        Last edited by Level5; 02-28-2009, 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎