Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Sylar stop that bullet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The head won't grow back that's for sure since it's stated that the brain controls the powers. The question is will the body grow back which it should since the brain should be able to grow everything else. Another thing I never understood is where the brains go after Sylar kills them? If Sylar was really smart, he should of kept the brains of some of the previous ones that he killed like Candance. I would be like O hrmm... I don't have my powers now, but when I do get my powers back I think I should go back and visit miss candance's brain so I can get the power of illusions. Sylar putting them in the fridge or something to come and visit the brain later would definitely work once he get his powers back. Same goes with Maya's brother that would of been a good way to counter Maya power and then kill her off the show. I REALLY HOPE next episode is going to be better than the last episode since it's about HRG vs Peter+Matt+Mohinder, gotta be good. But it fails... I think they should really consider having a fan who watched Heroes since season 1 to guide them on the episodes I know that would really help at this point -_-.

Comment

Thats a good point. He may not have kept the brains but I guess that he could always just go and dig them up if it hadn't been to long. How long does it take a persons body to rot after being burried.

Comment

Nevermind.. I just remembered why. It's because the writers at first wanted to show that Sylar eats the brain and not the power to understand how things work. I'm actually glad they did change that. But I think since they ploted "eatting the brain" idea first before changing it they always showed that the brain was gone because before he probably ate their brains. So this is just probably sticking with consistency (since in the first few episodes of season 1 the brains were gone) and so they continue disappearing the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
          The head won't grow back that's for sure since it's stated that the brain controls the powers.
          If this power is in the brain, then how come it worked on HRG with his brains blown out?

Comment

Eh I think that was because of Claire's blood healed everything and we already saw scenes where Claire, Peter can heal even if their brains are damaged. HRG only got shot in one eye didn't really mean the whole brain was damaged. I think the important thing was that Claire's blood (Assuming that the Claire's blood chemistry is somewhat involving her brain, for example the brain controls practically everything in the body so it might has some influence there). Although the writers are trying to stay off that trick of reviving people with Claire's blood because it's just -_- too easy bringing the dead back like that. You can say that part overall was a loophole or bad writing because if that's true then no matter what no one really dies. Claire's blood if she wanted could definitely revive anyone and anytime such as Arthur. What they should of done if they really wanted to keep that was to put a limit on claire's blood such as the time limit say.. uh if the person has died within 5 minutes (the usual time where your brain is considered brain dead or where you brain is losing oxygen so your losing brain cells) then she can bring any person back if they have their brain intact (excluding victims of sylar).

But I guess overall it's a good thing the writers disregarded Claire's blood curing everything and reviving everything. That way we the viewers would be dramatize when someone dies since they didn't limit Claire's revival blood injection. For instance she could of revive Noah Jr if she wanted too lol or Arthur this season.
            Last edited by Seyee; 02-17-2009, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Well, I think HRG was definitely brain dead by the time Mohinder injected Claire's blood into him. This ability might be produced in the brain, but that doesn't mean much. Because after it's produced it's then in the blood. which means, you would need to drain all of that persons blood out to really kill them. And I don't think the brain has much to do with healing, I could be wrong though.

Comment

I think the power is in the blood not the brain.

Sylar is able to look at the brain and see how the person accesses his/her ability.

But then how does Sylar actually transfer the power. I don't know unless it is done subconsiously somehow using his empathic mimicry power.

Comment

Yes, definitely brain dead because it takes time for Mohinder to carry HRG body back to the lab where he was handcuffed and injected. That's probably 15mins+ yeah the blood reviving things is a touch subject and I'm not 100% sure of the brain does have any influence on healing but I just recently watched some clips in Biology in my class wish I could show them to you if I knew the link. But some people believe the Brain can heal the body to some extent and they believe that's how some extreme Monks can meditate using more than 10% of their brain to do amazing things; such as putting a Monk's body in a cold waterfall, but the waterfall boils as it touches the Monks body because the Monk's body is extremely hot due to meditation. Monks are sort of known for knowing to control their body/brain very well and can do other things too that's kind of out of the extraordinary but it's risky though lol because if they really screw up then it might be the end of them.

But as your theory on draining all the blood. I believe what's really happening to Claire why her power is passive/automatic because her brain is constantly producing/making her blood the way it is. So that's probably the reason why if you shot her in the brain = no good blood.

EDIT*** Just remembered a tv show that's science fiction as well and it really talks what I just mention in a tv show called Eureka , season 1 episode 4 or 5 I believe titled Invincible where a scientist figured some technology for cellular regeneration (Claire) and they talked about monks/brains and how it heals. If you want to watch it I think it's still there at Hulu.com search Eureka invincible.
                  Last edited by Seyee; 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Um, I think it is produced in the brain. What I was saying, though, is that it's in the blood. it would take days maybe weeks to clear out if for some reason it stopped producing whatever it is that it's producing.

Comment

I don't know
                      But what I do know is that the life of a person is in the blood.

Comment

Seyee, if this power was in the brain it wouldn't have worked on HRG.

Oh and also, saying that this power is in the brain would mean it wouldn't work if that person died. Like when Peter got a piece of glass in the back of his head.
                        Last edited by Level5; 02-17-2009, 02:15 AM.

Comment

O yeah good point I miss that not sure because I know for sure when a person dies their organs are still good for several hours for transplant. So I'm understanding what your saying here, just like blood it lasts for quite a bit. I guess your right on this part, if claire does die you can take her blood and keep in in storage and it would still work. But in the end game we both know claire would need w/e object in her brain to be gone for her to live that way she can produce new blood with the power to cure things.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

No the source of the power is in the brain, but the blood does have power lol. I believe the blood chemistry was involved with Claire's brain producing something to make the blood the way it is.

edit#2

Just read your last post about: Oh and also, saying that this power is in the brain would mean it wouldn't work if that person died. Like when Peter got a piece of glass in the back of his head.

I think how both Clare, Peter, and Sylar both healed form brain wounds was because the whole brain was still intact just part of the brain was injured so the other part of the brain could just easily heal the wounded.

Edit#3
                          Eek lol let's drop this haha don't think neither of us is wrong just going with what I've learn in my health occupation program that my high school has. We learn about bloody/organs muscles in our anatomy class. But then again this show is science fiction so since the writers already have a lot of plot holes nothing applies! lol Anyway just wanted to say how that's somewhat related to what they teach in my Anatomy class/Biology.
                          Last edited by Seyee; 02-17-2009, 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK, same with shooting someone then, it wouldn't totally remove the brain, and if it went straight through it would probably do less damage than a piece of glass or a stick.

But healing the brain wouldn't be like healing skin. It would require that the ability be able to restore memory and other things that are stored in the brain. Which makes it even more complex.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Seyee
                            Eek lol let's drop this haha don't think neither of us is wrong just going with what I've learn in my health occupation program that my high school has. We learn about bloody/organs muscles in our anatomy class. But then again this show is science fiction so since the writers already have a lot of plot holes nothing applies! lol Anyway just wanted to say how that's somewhat related to what they teach in my Anatomy class/Biology.
                            I agree, it is science fiction and it doesn't make sense, but what I've always liked about this show is that it almost makes all of this believable by explaining the little details. But it seems that over the last couple of seasons they themselves have gotten confused.
                            Last edited by Level5; 02-17-2009, 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                              OK, same with shooting someone then, it wouldn't totally remove the brain, and if it went straight through it would probably do less damage than a piece of glass or a stick.

But healing the brain wouldn't be like healing skin. It would require that the ability be able to restore memory and other things that are stored in the brain. Which makes it even more complex.
                              Yeah that's why we both came up with the theory that due to bad writing of how the healing works, Arthur isn't really 100% dead unless he's cremated. We both said that once the object is removed he'll just recover just like how Sylar, Claire, and Peter did.

And yeah healing the brain/organs is very complex looking at it from an ordinary person not like we can heal a toe or liver, nevertheless lungs or a brain. The way it's healing is a very complex level and fast too so they aren't even explaining /showing how it even heals HRG mass memory loss when he died but it did. He died for what over 15+ minutes? that's brain dead for sure just like when a person is drowning and you did CPR for more than 10 mins, but you were able to bring him back, he's going to be somewhat brain dead, not remembering how to do things.

Edit#2 As for the last thing you added.. Yeah not sure what fan/fans, or writer/writers came up with the overpowered Peter, Hiro, reviving people so cheap, etc. Most of those things were awesome and great the sad part is that they had to confuse the viewers because of some complaints and this made EVERYTHING pretty much screwed up. They should of stick with one thing and stick with it, if they going to change for any reason they need to like check 100 times to see if it screws anything else up. I too like how they did explain in season 1 all about the small details, like Mohinder talking science and how much % of the brain we use daily. But they stop that now and came up with other stuff.
                              Last edited by Seyee; 02-17-2009, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it is sad how these writers who get paid to write can't do a half decent job of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎