Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate Claire

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen here, the way the show is going I fully expect Claire to get adamantium bones, and claws, and spouting off that she's the best that what she does. Personally I can't stand Hayden Panentierre she's just another Paris Hilton, or Britney wannabe, and those tramps should not be put on any pedestals. By making Claire the focus of the show it's feeding her ego and making her more of a pain in real life.

Comment

Personally i just find Claire unintresting sorry to say it but when it comes to her andīnoah i just simply think it's boring. im not intrested in their relationship at all i dont understand why we all have to watch that. i'd much rather watch peter matt and mohinder play twister then watching thoose 2 fight about lies and etc etc.. it almost reminds me of CLana in a wierd way.

Originally posted by Hockeyking
      Listen here, the way the show is going I fully expect Claire to get adamantium bones, and claws, and spouting off that she's the best that what she does. Personally I can't stand Hayden Panentierre she's just another Paris Hilton, or Britney wannabe, and those tramps should not be put on any pedestals. By making Claire the focus of the show it's feeding her ego and making her more of a pain in real life.

I believe actor bashing is NOT allowed here.....

Comment

I'd watch this show again if Claire was killed off. That also applies for Mohinder and Parkman.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
          I used to like Claire but she's just too tiny too little, so I don't wanna be a pediophile...so I gave up liking her.
          She's only 5 years younger then you but I do have to agree. She dose look like a little kid.

Comment

wow, i must be the only one it seems.

I felt that she is being given much more believable story lines, if you follow the online novels you know how Rebel works and that Claire is working against the government with Rebel.

We dont know who Rebel is, but it is someone with inside information, right now I am hoping it is Rachel Mills but it is more likely Gettman or Micah.

Anyways. I love the new story line, everyone complains when she is a whiney teenager, now you are all complaining when she gets the guts to actually DO something?

I just don't think her character can win with some fans.

Comment

No man, the reason were all complaining is that in a 40 minute show about people with speacial abilities about 22 minutes were devoted to scenes about a teenage girl and the her angst and moral qualms about the job her father does. All we're saying is that the writers are copping out by just throwing their young starpower on the screen and not coming up with good and even storytelling for the rest of the characters in the show, you have to agree that the writers are blatantly just sitting in a room saying "oh look, now that Wolverine is the most iconic marvel character and getting his own movie now we should throw in a character with a similar ability but make it a girl to be even and everyone will watch our show regardless." its just disappointing that the writers seem to be so clueless that they can't come up with a good storyline any more for anyone who isn't young and perky and on the cover of tabloids everywhere. All i'm saying is that I'm watching this show to see people use their abilities to do something, so for god sake rob a bank, arrest a muderer, blow up a hospital, DO SOMETHING, but stop focusing on the little girl who is mad at her step-father, even though that is like, you know, the most original storyline ever.

Comment

I just TOTALLY love Claire as a character.

Comment

I don't like how they use her character as something 'important' in every volume. Like they need to try and emphasize that she's important or else the viewers wouldn't care. I don't love the character and don't hate the character - I'm somewhere in the middle of not caring.

Comment

Originally posted by DOyouBeLIEveAmanCANfly
                    No man, the reason were all complaining is that in a 40 minute show about people with speacial abilities about 22 minutes were devoted to scenes about a teenage girl and the her angst and moral qualms about the job her father does. All we're saying is that the writers are copping out by just throwing their young starpower on the screen and not coming up with good and even storytelling for the rest of the characters in the show, you have to agree that the writers are blatantly just sitting in a room saying "oh look, now that Wolverine is the most iconic marvel character and getting his own movie now we should throw in a character with a similar ability but make it a girl to be even and everyone will watch our show regardless." its just disappointing that the writers seem to be so clueless that they can't come up with a good storyline any more for anyone who isn't young and perky and on the cover of tabloids everywhere. All i'm saying is that I'm watching this show to see people use their abilities to do something, so for god sake rob a bank, arrest a muderer, blow up a hospital, DO SOMETHING, but stop focusing on the little girl who is mad at her step-father, even though that is like, you know, the most original storyline ever.
                    Ok I get that complaint. Very justifiable. However this show is about the stories too. If you notice that there are typically 3 major episodes for each character arch.

Claire/HRG
                    Hiro/Ando
                    Patrelli Family

With all of the other characters stories as fillers and overlapping.

I was talking to my girl as we were watching it last night complaining about the lack of milo, but at the same time saying 'if they keep him out of this arc the next arc is gonna be Peter heavy'

And what happened at the end of this episode?

Peter is coming.

One thing i've liked about this season/chapter is how Sylar's storyline has continually progressed. Wish they could do that with all the characters but with this many characters it would give each character about 1 or 2 minutes of screen time a show. I like that they focus on one set of characters in each episode. Makes their episodes more intense and more driven then if you got watered down milo 30 seconds every episode and then 10 minutes in the finale.

ETA:

They have to do Claires story line in the beginning of each volume. Why you ask? Because she really ISN'T a major character when it comes to deciding the fate of the world, and she usually has minor roles at the end of the volume.

Volume 1? Save the Cheerleader, Save the world?

She didn't actually DO anything to save the world, Peter was all about her being the key, when in reality she just had to hide under a brick.
                    Last edited by Yoshua; 02-17-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

How much you do you want to bet that she'll still get more time then Peter, Mohinder and Matt in the next episode?

Seriously though, I'm just sick of her. I wasn't at the beginning of the season, but they just keep dragging on this whiny teenager thing. This is Heroes not Dr. Phil.

And the way they seem to give Claire power over anything is also annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
                        How much you do you want to bet that she'll still get more time then Peter, Mohinder and Matt in the next episode?

Seriously though, I'm just sick of her. I wasn't at the beginning of the season, but they just keep dragging on this whiny teenager thing. This is Heroes not Dr. Phil.

And the way they seem to give Claire power over anything is also annoying.
                        This volume has shown zero whiny teenager. That went out the door when she was abducted with parkmen. Since she was told to save parkman she has been all about action, so I don't get what you all are complaining about 'whiny teenager' She has been moving against her father whens he still has to live with him, and moving against her bio dad too when he is a powerful senator trying to protect her.

So far as I can tell she is helping Rebel lay down the ground work for a real rebellion, and when Peter/Matt/Mohinder get in contact with her again she can tell them all about Rebel and she will be the link connecting Rebel and the Rebellion leaders.

As for giving Claire power.... what do you mean? Right now she is just doing what her phone is telling her to do. That doesn't seem like power to me, that seems like a follower.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                          Claire, like any kid in her situation, is pissed at the situation. Anger and angst and rebellion are what being a teenager are all about. In her teenage mind, that anger and rage at what's going on has transcended into anger towards the person that represents all that...HRG. I think they are actually working on a story arc for her that will make her now an adult, still a young adult, but an adult, and actually have some respect for her dad and he for her at the end of it...at least, Im hoping. It is time for her anger and teen angst bit to finish up and let her progress as a character afterward.
                          i think so too.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DOyouBeLIEveAmanCANfly
                          Certainly also doesn't hurt that demonstrating Claire's power has to be the cheapest of all the graphical depictions of powers, maybe they starting to run into budgeting constrictions, remember the unbelievably crappy graphics of Nathan flying early on in the season? aside from people like Hiro or Parkman who only have to squint to show their abilities, I would say that most of the time claire's has to be the cheapest power to demonstrate...

but yeah I agree with how they're keeping her on for the young teenage good looks part, although you can't really fault a show that is sinking faster then the titanic and doesn't seem capable of understanding what the viewers want from trying to just throw in as many shots of a young hot star as possible...

I don't however think that having so little peter or matt was a bad thing this episode, for one I hate it when they have episodes that have too many disparate story lines so that you only spend a couple of minutes in each episode for each character, because they're so split up its really only this way, or the other which was frustrating in the last season, plus having peter, matt and mohinder just kinda step out at the end was a pretty badass tease to start off the next episode so from a storytelling point of view I like it.

Again though, I agree that Claire has become too much of a show focus, but considering I'm the guy that just wants to see the heroes storm whatever building Nathan is in and Kill everyone in it at this point then I'm not the most objective person to identify that
                          i like clare and she is important to the show.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j-kent
                          I actually like they way they're using her character...she's saving powered ppl against nathan...she's kinda like the catalyst and the figurehead of this whole opposition

love your answer!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Level5
                          I'm saying that she isn't powerful, her height actually has nothing to do with it, in this case. She shouldn't of been able to take down Sylar.

Yeah, the only reason I know that is because she's only like 2 months older then me. Not that I'm a fan or anything. Just read it somewhere.

i think claire is a great charecter and i think her power should evolve more to be a offensive power then defencive.
                          Last edited by haydenclaireheroes; 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I hate her too.Ever since season 2,her attitude completly changed and she became a little brat.

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
                              why is everyone going nuts against claire? I don't get the impression that they're making her powerful or ever so cunning...that's ridiculous..she's always felt defenseless and not able, so here she is doing her best to oppose this whole operation. Nothing appears outlandish at all..the only reason she's acting aggressive now is because she's tired of not having control in her life.

wow i like that answere becuase it is so true. every one hated claire to be defenseless but now that she is defending herself and other people you hate her. she is just tring to be a hero. like hiro is doing. no one sad anything about him when he is doing the same thing.

Comment

Good grief People! How can you not see Claire for what she really is? She's whiny; getting why to much attention from the writers, and last of all they make her out to be some kind of super-smart-nobody-can-touch-me-know-it-all-brat.
                                Last edited by Level5; 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎