Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stupidest thing season 8 has done so far

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Clana back was the biggest mistake last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
      Bringing Clana back was the biggest mistake last season.
      Agreed. I understand wanting closure,but not this way it was just pointless.

Comment

• ^^It was beyond pointless, it was absolutely ridiculous and laughable, and a clear example that these producers just don't understand/get the Superman/Clark character.

Comment

• Bringing Clana back was the biggest mistake last season.
          I am so in agreement with this. Clana was a trainwreck.

Comment

• Lana has been holding this show back since season 3. Nothing new there. What was new was the "light switch" Clois ship, which seemed ok at the time but now looks like it will be dragged out like everything else on this show.

Comment

• Yeah, I've said it for a while and Clois was a lightswitch in season 8. I really didnt think there was anything beyond friendship there. I really wish Smallville stopped on the relationship stuff for at least a season and just focus on character. Just because people yearn to be with someone doesnt mean they grow off of who they date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Paul
                Lana has been holding this show back since season 3. Nothing new there. What was new was the "light switch" Clois ship, which seemed ok at the time but now looks like it will be dragged out like everything else on this show.
                Since s3 wtf, since s7 yes i'd agree.
                Kristin Kreuk gave Smallville ALOT of fans, if it wasn't for her excellent casting Smallville would have lost something special. Unfortunately the producers didn't realise there can be too much of a good thing.

Comment

• The clana/lana arc, OMG are 2 years now but still hurts when i remember this 2 episodes....luckily everything is right now but anyway those ep never should happen.

Comment

• I always, always, always skip Power and Requiem when I go back to rewatch the show. Lana started losing her appeal for me as a character by Season 3 and it was just downhill from there for her character. Personally, I think if she had been portrayed by another actress, she may have been slightly more bearable, but that's just my opinion.

I only recently noticed the parallel between the Pilot and Requiem ending where Clark is down on his knees because of the Kryptonite that Lana is "wearing". That's kinda' cool... but the collective suckiness of the episodes faaaaaaaaaar trumps my appreciation for the symbolism.

However, I also didn't like how TPTB so flippantly cast aside the Jimmy/Chloe relationship. They had one, solid, good, sweet, uncomplicated relationship going and they had to go and ruin that with all sorts of drama, too. Honestly, the only thing that kept me sane through all of the Clark/Lana relationship misery was seeing Chloe and Jimmy be so happy and trusting and loving of each other. Thanks for messing up one of the few healthy relationships in the entire show!

And last, but not least, retrospectively, I didn't like that all of the Doomsday/Jimmy-dying-drama in Season 8 caused a rift between Clark and Chloe. I know a lot of people didn't like their friendship for whatever reasons, but I loved it and it just killed me to see that disintegrate in season 9.

Comment

• The AoS, Failsday, Chloe and Davis. If JC was Clana 2.0 in S7, then DC was Clana 3.0 in S8. Other than those things, it was a great season.
                      Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-09-2013, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Clark getting back together with Lana. Really Clark? This fool even had the unmitigated gall to say what he and Lana have is beautiful. WTF!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan
                          Clark getting back together with Lana. Really Clark? This fool even had the unmitigated gall to say what he and Lana have is beautiful. WTF!?
                          I was glad he said "Clark Kent is dead." Jor-El soaked him in holy water before the S9 premiere.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎