Dollhouse Characters

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topher is the most enjoyable onscreen in my opinion. But I also love the Victor / Sierra pairing.

Comment

Looking back at the whole two series, here is how i'd rate them

1. Topher (probably started out as the most annoying Whedon Character i'd ever seen, but by the end I found his story the best. He was the greyest of the grey, and yet he had a line that he wouldn't cross that made him so much more endeering than other morally ambiguous characters like Adele. Plus he was genuinely sweet.

2. Mellie: (I loved her from the beginning, and she wasn't really meant to be such a likeable character. She was just the way for the audience to hear about Paul's investigations... but she was just so good. When Madeline was put back into the world I was heavily dissapointed we'd never see Mellie again. So her return in the final episode, and Paul's realisation that she was actually a person, and it was okay that he had feelings for her, was wonderful.

3. Senator Perin - (Loved the idea of the Dollhouse being able to imprint you with yourself... only better... really creepy and puts the whole idea of identity into question. Alexis played him so well, and the whole arch was just top notch.)

4. Echo - (kinda like Mellie in that she's debatable as an actual person, and yet so full of personality by the end that she was simply fascinating to watch. Her breakdown in the finale about Paul's death had me crying my eyes out (well done Eliza!))

5. Victor/Sierra - (I found Sierra's origin episode the best of the entire season, but her and Victor's connection was definately one of the best things about the entire series. It was a beautiful, innocent, honest and impossible love story)

6. Boyd - (loved him as the Giles type, loved him even more when we found out about the deception. What a strange villain, to see everyone he's wronged as the family he has made)

7. Adele - (Not like any other 'is she bad or good' character i've ever seen, because even at the end I still wasn't sure what i'd class her as. She did some very questionable things, but always managed to come out strong and unshakeable.)

8. Dr Saunders - (Unusual to see Amy playing a role so depressed and monotone, but it totally worked in the mixture of characters we had. She was refreshing as the only character to accept that she wasn't anything)

9. Ballard - (At first, not the most likeable of male leads, but by the end had become kind of familiar, like he was just meant to be a part of all this.)

10. Alpha - (Wasn't sure about the switch too kinda good guy by the end, but definitely a frightening villain, and a great way of presenting what can go wrong in the individual sense of the Dollhouse.)

Comment

1. Mellie - First person I really fell for. I found her adorable every moment she was on screen.
        2. Dr. Saunders - I started watching the show because I love Amy Acker but for a while she wasn't really shining, I liked her but we got to see so little of her... once the end of season one came around though! Wow! Out of the park! And probably wins as the most tragic figure. IMNHO
        3. Senator Perin - Amazing and I didn't see the switch coming at all! Deserved a much bigger roll! Played to perfection by Alexis!
        4. Ivy - She got me to like Topher... she left me wanting more, where as in Dollhouse I found I usually wanted less... *cough*Echo*cough*
        5. Boyd - Once again I didn't see it coming but congratulated it on making sense, his interactions with Echo were probably the only time I really enjoyed her character other than at very very first.
        6. Topher - At first I found him really really annoying then I really started to like him and he started making me laugh.
        7. Victor - Doesn't beat out Daniel for cutest puppy in the whole damn place but comes close.
        8. Sierra - Her over all story was one of the best of the show, she was a cool chick who could kick some butt and didn't have to turn into the worlds biggest Mary Sue...
        9. Adelle - Reminds me a bit of Madeline from La Femme Nikita... just a thought.
        10. Doll!Paul - I never liked Paul's fixation on Echo but without it I did like Paul.
        Last edited by borednow; 09-17-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Adelle is my favorite character on the show. She was fantastic.

Comment

I liked Alpha...he was always interesting to watch.

Comment

I voted for Echo but I really love Adelle, Paul, Topher, Sierra, Saunders and Victor as well

Comment

Paul Ballard. Quite simply because he's the greatest TV show character of all time and had to say "The Dollhouse" a minimum of once in every episode.

Comment

Echo's easily wins!

But i have to say my favourate was Victor with Tophers personality imprint, Amazing performance! almost like they could have just cast him for the actual role.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎