No announcement yet.

What the FRAK!??!??!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the FRAK!??!??!

OK so is anyone else just getting a little sick of the lack of power use on this show? I mean I guess the writers have to try and keep it a little even, but come on, all these people get attacked and kidnapped and don't use their powers to protect themselves, okay fine I get the element of surprise, but after the plane crashes they still don't use their powers? come on, why does it have to be so drawn out before they start fighting back, come on that is ridiculous the show is called Heroes for chrissake, have them use their abilities, kill the people trying to kill them, the only bright spot of the entire thing is Matt kicking some serious butt, (BTW Parkman at the end, that was epic, I hope he goes on this serious vendetta thing and kicks some serious butt, "I want them to pay", just frakking awesome) but seriously if they don't man up and show a little character realism, and start fighting back with their abilities, this is going to go downhill fast.

...By the way, is anyone else as happy that I am that Sylar is still around? I can't wait until he opens up a big can of whoopass between now and the end of the season, I just hope they try to take him again and he slaughters everyone again, that was awesome.

anyways so yeah, its not that I'm bloodthirsty or anything, I just watch the show and get angry at how much they just lie back and take it, I mean come on, even Gandhi would've layed some 'bows and knees or something...

Sorry, I don't agree.

Think about it logically.

they have gotten caught once before. They're in no position to fight right now, except Parkman but he was in a state of mind to not use his powers until they shot Daphy Dart.
    I don't think the heroes have ever been in a situation while fighting a large group of people who are prepared for them. They have their info on file and they know what to expect.

Lets look at the line up:

Hiro is powerless, Ice queen needs to touch, peter can only do once thing at a time, mohinder has super strength and Claire is invincible. They are fighting people with guns, ranged weapons that can disable them and/or kill them

We all know Claire is making a conscious effort to do something because she can't die, and she also has diplomatic immunity. The rest are being hunted. So they need to fly before they can fight.

It would be stupid on their part to fight against a whole military force by themselves.

Whats you're thoughts on my take on it, OP?
    Last edited by taolbi; 02-10-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The only heroes that could do anything did do something. Matt messed with that guys head causing him to shoot his own team. Daphne tried to rescue Claire, but ended up getting shot. Peter might as well not even have a power and Mohinder would get shot before he could get close enough to do anything.

I think Peter really should of absorbed Matt's power and put them all down. Would of been awesome.

Comment

my only real complaint is why there actions are always run or surrender first, never fight, its like their fight or flight complexes have been completely removed, and while thinking about it logically in hindsight it makes sense, but in reality, no, most peoples responses are not that way, I just think its the writers writing the characters like pushovers so they seem more human to the audiences but I disagree, for once they should have shown some backbone, not always (and this is not the first time) waiting until something horribly tragic happens (I.E. Daphne getting shot) before acting, it just seems like they're trying to avoid showing the characters really, and I mean really using their powers.

Like when Ivanek comes to get Claire after she was shot, why did she surrender so meekly, as far as she could tell everyone else was dead and gone and the only person there was Ivanek, come on super-regenerative, basically immortal vs one man, now that one man may have speacial ops training, but its that kinda pushover not willing to take risks and action attitude that bugs me.

Again at the end when Peter has a gun on Nathan, come on, hes been to the future and can see what nathan does, he has to know that the only way to stop Nathan is to kill him, why doesn't he? its just frustrating when they take actions that are irrational to the occasion simply to prolong the storyline or preserve a favoured character, it would be really interesting to see the show and the writers really man up and take some serious actions, can you imagine the ratings if Peter had killed Nathan? this show has the potential to have real storytelling as opposed to just make believe, but they refuse to simply write the characters to take action, and as a result the storylines begin to become implausible from a characters standpoint (I know, I know, I am ignoring the obvious "its a show about people with superpowers dude!" commment) the one thing this show has been pretty good about is presenting the abilities themselves and that context in a realistic manner, my complaint is that this same method of realism isn't applied to the characters, whenever the decision or actions that must be made would result in the characters doing something that TPTB have decided is not for a "good guy" or "bad guy," then the characters fall into these machine like routines where they are incapable of taking said action, without enormous motivation, all the characters that have all these impressive shades of gray, end up acting in black and white. All I'm saying is that I hope that down the line for the rest of the episodes this season they stop using such stale definitions of characters and like peter said, do things they could never dream of otherwise.
        Last edited by DOyouBeLIEveAmanCANfly; 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I agree with you, I too think the writing could be better, but lets be real. If Peter killed Nathan that would also kill his character and stop the story that they're trying to tell. I think there are times when they make the heroes seem way too dumb. I can think of several scenes where Peter has just completely been too dumb to save his life.

Overall this wasn't the best episode kinda back to volume 3 quality for me. They need to get the awesome factor back into Heroes if they want the rating to go up.

Comment

First of all killing is wrong. Besides they are heroes not villains.

However I would like some more action scenes.

Comment

I think this is basically the problem, and I assure you (all to whom this applies to) that I don't blame you: This story is about people with powers and you are seeing lack of power usage. Point taken.

But then again, the show is trying to tell us something. Basically it already did for the past volumes. Now I may not give the show a 100% rating at all times because there are plot holes (and there always is, because there's probably a million minds scrutinizing the show, all of us reading this included ), but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Volume 1 - Genesis. They introduced us to ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. Some good, some evil, some in between. Some driven by the desire to be heroes, some by their desire to be special, and then again some by their ambitions. We are promised that whatever happens, their destinies are connected and that they will save the world.

Volume 2 - Generations. How did the heroes come to be? What about the elders? What started the whole thing. Although I can say that this was the weakest volume for me, it did gave us a map to draw things through. The heroes had ancestors and each had their motives and that there were repercussions to all their actions that the present generation had to deal with.

Volume 3 - Villains. Who is good and evil? Good became evil, evil became good. In the end, the reality was told that each of the heroes had both evil and good within them and it is their choice that will ultimately define whether they are indeed heroes or villains.

Which brings us to Volume 4 - Fugitives. Choices had been made by the heroes and the consequences to these choices are now upon them. For example, Mohinder, who chose to be seduced by power, is now free from the burden of guilt because of his choices (see graphic novel for this). Hiro, now powerless, still hunted because of who he was, yet still chose to stay behind and call heroism as "his obligation". Peter, once a very powerful hero, now limited, but still chose to live by how he believes he should be. Matt, who, despite having chosen at one time to use his power for personal gain, now tries to turn another leaf, but yet again, had been given another role in this whole thing.

Over all, this people who were in captivity chose to be on the side where they can do good than harm.

Now, after all they have been through and how they have made their choices, and now knowing how exposed they are, was it really impossible to believe that they chose to run instead of fight? I think not! Their goal was to blend in and yes as much as they resolved to fight by the end of "Trust and Blood", they were willing to choose the peaceful way first. You all know Superman right? the ultimate super hero? The guy who always chooses to be peaceful first? Don't tell me you did not see the analogy?

Over all, the characters are being shown to have morals, which is why they are called heroes in the first place. And like any other "good" heroes, power is equal to responsibility.

Just my two cents.
              Last edited by [Krypton_Eradicator]; 02-11-2009, 08:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

amen

Comment

Does having that power then not give you a responsibility to act? not just a responsibility to not use your powers for your own gain? when people are so clearly trampling on every possible legal right of the characters should they not act to take those back? I think that very statement is included in the constitution of the United States, I just keep coming back to the idea in my head that we constantly see in the show that the lack of being responsible and the lack of using the abilities that they have been gifted with constantly leads to a negative outcome, whereas if they had just used there abilities in the first place they might have never been in the situation in the first place?

on another tangent, I have to disagree with you that the idea of the show is that they are just heroes, I think the point of the show is to show us how when ordinary people are gifted with extraordinary powers how they misuse or are afraid to use them, I don't really see heroes yet, I see some (like Sylar) who use their abilities for their own personal gain, or others who are too afraid to use their powers for the good of others, I mean if they really wanted to solve this problem, why not just have Matt go back and hide in a tree and have every one of those soldiers who comes by shoot themselves in the head, or better yet go back and have him get into Nathan's head, and call the operation off? it just seems that the writers choose to have the characters avoid obvious solutions with their powers, just to prolong the storyline, and thats really what my main gripe is, which I really didn't articulate well previously. Not that I'm saying my previous options were great storywise, but the idea that those characters, who by now would have had to become more then comfortable with the idea and usage of their abilities didn't even discuss or think of using their abilities to fight back, or even to escape? come on, think back clearly, at what point, other then Pete flying off, Daphne superspeeding or Matt doing his sketches and then the psychic ass-kickery do any of the characters involved in that part of the action actively use their powers, you hit it spot on in the previous writing, ostensibly this is a show about people with powers, but they simply don't use them as much as any person realistically in that situation would, which like I said doesn't correlate with the awesome way in which they realistically describe the context of the abilities, it just jars with me that they then fail in such a spectacular way to realistically depict the usage of the powers (how the characters use them, not the visual depiction). I mean does anyone reading a comic book complain when Superman uses his Heat-vision? or when Spiderman uses his Spidersense? does anyone ever complain that they uses their abilities too much? no, its why we read those books, we want to be caught up in a fanciful world where people have abilities and use them... a lot, not a world where people have amazing abilities and don't use them

Comment

In that case, now more than ever, I have to say "Oh well.... ". I rest my case...

Comment

Originally posted by [Krypton_Eradicator]
                      I think this is basically the problem, and I assure you (all to whom this applies to) that I don't blame you: This story is about people with powers and you are seeing lack of power usage. Point taken.

But then again, the show is trying to tell us something. Basically it already did for the past volumes. Now I may not give the show a 100% rating at all times because there are plot holes (and there always is, because there's probably a million minds scrutinizing the show, all of us reading this included ), but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Volume 1 - Genesis. They introduced us to ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. Some good, some evil, some in between. Some driven by the desire to be heroes, some by their desire to be special, and then again some by their ambitions. We are promised that whatever happens, their destinies are connected and that they will save the world.

Volume 2 - Generations. How did the heroes come to be? What about the elders? What started the whole thing. Although I can say that this was the weakest volume for me, it did gave us a map to draw things through. The heroes had ancestors and each had their motives and that there were repercussions to all their actions that the present generation had to deal with.

Volume 3 - Villains. Who is good and evil? Good became evil, evil became good. In the end, the reality was told that each of the heroes had both evil and good within them and it is their choice that will ultimately define whether they are indeed heroes or villains.

Which brings us to Volume 4 - Fugitives. Choices had been made by the heroes and the consequences to these choices are now upon them. For example, Mohinder, who chose to be seduced by power, is now free from the burden of guilt because of his choices (see graphic novel for this). Hiro, now powerless, still hunted because of who he was, yet still chose to stay behind and call heroism as "his obligation". Peter, once a very powerful hero, now limited, but still chose to live by how he believes he should be. Matt, who, despite having chosen at one time to use his power for personal gain, now tries to turn another leaf, but yet again, had been given another role in this whole thing.

Over all, this people who were in captivity chose to be on the side where they can do good than harm.

Now, after all they have been through and how they have made their choices, and now knowing how exposed they are, was it really impossible to believe that they chose to run instead of fight? I think not! Their goal was to blend in and yes as much as they resolved to fight by the end of "Trust and Blood", they were willing to choose the peaceful way first. You all know Superman right? the ultimate super hero? The guy who always chooses to be peaceful first? Don't tell me you did not see the analogy?

Over all, the characters are being shown to have morals, which is why they are called heroes in the first place. And like any other "good" heroes, power is equal to responsibility.

Just my two cents.
                      perfectly stated... The show is entertaining no matter what and realistic when it should...ppl are gonna wanna hate when they can...oh well!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎