No announcement yet.

Triplet's review is on the News page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triplet
    The last scene just seemed forced to me.

It was over done too, the I'm a saint because of our love together speech of Lana's was too much and it just went on too long.

I didn't like it much at all except for how Glen shot it.

However, I don't think anything belongs to just Clark and Lois like where he kisses a girl.

Given what happens next on that rooftop in Requiem, I think the kiss actually worked pretty well in a larger context...
    I think they could have shot that kiss or even the rooftop scene in Requiem some place else. ITA that it was very forced, but then again this whole arc has felt that way to me. Nothing seems to fit or make sense.

I always enjoy that you mention your children as well. I'm a Mother too, and I find that fun to read. Again, good job!!

Comment

Hey Triplet

I just wanted to say I love your "Power" review. I always enjoy reading your reviews, whether I agree with what you say or not. They are always a great read. And you're very objective.
      Anyway. Loved it. And the grade you gave the eppy was completely deserving IMO.

Comment

I wasn't getting personal.

I only mentioned GBD since I think it's relevant for this review because the episode seems to go against what she seems to think is important...

I don't hate Kristin, maybe I'm not her biggest fan, but I wasn't trying to bash her at all in what I said.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Kristin's GBD is NO WAY relevant to SMALLVILLE , PERIOD! Smallville is a fictional story of a comic book series. Kristin plays a character in a STORY! Kristin's stated in her interview that she had some input into how she wanted Lana to be portrayed AND she said the writer's also had their own ideas of her story arc. There is NO WAY to know what areas of the storyline were discussed or changed. Therefore, relating KK principles and how she relates on her GBD website to the control over her character's portrayal is SPECULATIVE at best AND INAPPROPRIATE! It was obvious as well that she didn't have much control even over her HAIR ....that was clearly something she remarked and wished she didn't have to do.

MY OPINION, is that in the story Lana DID NOT change herself to be with CLark or to be loved by him. She had already put the wheels in motion in obtaining Lex's research on the Prometheus suit and having herself be the guinea pig BEFORE the wedding! Did you not see the scene where Chloe and Clark reviewed the external harddrive of Lana's at ISIS? That was clearly done way "before" CHloe's wedding! It was only when Clark approach her in the Talon that gave her the thought that Clark still wanted to be with her. Lana stated CLEARLY in POWER on the rooftop that she didn't think they could be together when she saw him at the wedding. THEREFORE, she had already made her mind up to have the suit for her PURPOSE of doing GOOD in the World....which AGAIN she said to TESS. After all of this,.... THEN she talked with Clark on the rooftop of the DP.

LANA DID NOT CHANGE FOR CLARK....she changed for herself and to do GOOD in the WORLD. You totally ignored the timeline of her actions.

Still, Kristin's GBD mention is NOT relevant to be part of your review......... You blamed Kristin for the storyline and NOT the writers and reflected negatively on Kristin without factual information.

Again, I suggest you "revise" your review on that issue!

It was over done too, the I'm a saint because of our love together speech of Lana's was too much and it just went on too long.

It is comments of "I'm a Saint...." that clearly shows you are biased and NOT OBJECTIVE about Lana in her storyline. Your review has little merit and was a reflection of nothing more than personal opinion and would be better suited for the episode "Love it or Hate it..." thread.
        Last edited by suzieQ; 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I said that I found it hard to believe that a woman that would dedicate a good deal of her free time to helping teen girls with their self-esteem (which I believe is the goal of Girls by Design) would actually approve of this storyline.
          You can't and shouldn't speak for Kristin Kreuk!
          There was nothing wrong with Lana's storyline...it was a positive and heroic send off. If you don't see it that way; that it is fine. But you shouldn't question or malign Kristin's integrity or views because "you" didn't like it or had a different spin on the events. Lana's story arc showcased "empowerment", "growth" , and "heroism". All positive things in my book. If it wasn't so, it wouldn't have spurred so much anger and hate from some fans on this site. All one needs to do is read some of the responses on this board, which have more to do with Lana not 'deserving' of this form of heroic send off rather than it being degrading to the female empowerment of her character.

You don't have the right to "judge" anyone! Period. And that is what you are doing in questioning Kristin's principles...it is like me saying "I can't believe Erica Durance likes to be written as a person who promotes drinking, makes out with her boss, and has a self of entitlement. How can ED promote such a character?" < This is wrong! "I" as a fan can criticize certain traits about a fictional character (just like you do with Lana), but to question the integrity of the actress because you or I find something wrong with the fictional character is wrong on so many levels; very, very bad taste.
          Last edited by boingo; 02-09-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

SuzieQ, that's the issue though. Why should she have had to change to do good in the world? There are so many ways to do good that don't have to do with undergoing a risky procedure to gain superpowers.

I really wish they would have shown Lana going off to do good using her natural-given abilities. That is a storyline that would have glorified the character far beyond turning her into a superhero.

And Kristin herself has mentioned in multiple interviews that she had a lot of say in the storyline, so it is fair to assume that she had a large hand in approving this storyline.

But as you said, Triplet's review is HER opinion. So she shouldn't have to revise her opinion in them.

Comment

right, this abuse needs to stop, Mods will get involved. Triplets review was great and many people agree with what she said. This story was bad worse than Thirst in my opinion. Triplet did NOT abuse or say anything negative about KK in any shape or form, she stated that KK has set up a chairty about empowering Young Women/Girls to be their own person and this episode showed the very opposite thats it.

Everyone in life has their own opinion and you CANNOT force people to make them understand you and thats what certain people in this thread are doing. If this carries on I will notify Moderators.

Comment

Calm down, Clanaists! Triplet has explained what she meant. You are so Lana-ified that it seems you donīt even want to understand her.

I often find Tripletīs reviews too benign, so I am glad to see her this time criticize what needs to be criticized!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
                  SuzieQ, that's the issue though. Why should she have had to change to do good in the world? There are so many ways to do good that don't have to do with undergoing a risky procedure to gain superpowers.

I really wish they would have shown Lana going off to do good using her natural-given abilities. That is a storyline that would have glorified the character far beyond turning her into a superhero.

And Kristin herself has mentioned in multiple interviews that she had a lot of say in the storyline, so it is fair to assume that she had a large hand in approving this storyline.

But as you said, Triplet's review is HER opinion. So she shouldn't have to revise her opinion in them.
                  I am asking her to EXCLUDE the part where she compares Kristin's work in GBD and her "approving " Lana's storyline......like Kristin had a choice or it was totally up to her to decide we have NO WAY OF KNOWING! Can you honestly say that YOU KNOW what Kristin thought of felt about all aspects of the storyline. Again, it is ALL SPECULATIVE to everyone. SO NO, it is NOT fair to ASSUME anything.

How Triplet "feels" about the episode , I could really care less about, because I disagree. Not only do I disagree I find her assessment inaccurate......throw in the poor objectivity and you get a very weak and poor review. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express that.
                  Last edited by suzieQ; 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I disagreed with alot of the points Triplet made.

Didn't Lana say over and OVER again that she wanted to do some good, that becoming super!lana had to do with her quest for power rather than her self hating or because she wanted to be with Clark?

Didn't she say that she was planning on never coming back to Smallville until she decided to go to the wedding?

Personally i hated super!lana because of how it made Clark look rather than how it made Lana look.

And what is wrong with the occasional longer scene? I get fed up with "cut to the chase" direction sometimes as if people dont have attention spans longer than 10 seconds.

Despite all of this, i did enjoy the review, very well written as usual and very indepth in places, which is something i always like in a Triplet review.
                    Last edited by TheANIMAL (marcus); 02-09-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ
                      Kristin's GBD is NO WAY relevant to SMALLVILLE , PERIOD! Smallville is a fictional story of a comic book series. Kristin plays a character in a STORY! Kristin's stated in her interview that she had some input into how she wanted Lana to be portrayed AND she said the writer's also had their own ideas of her story arc. There is NO WAY to know what areas of the storyline were discussed or changed. Therefore, relating KK principles and how she relates on her GBD website to the control over her character's portrayal is SPECULATIVE at best AND INAPPROPRIATE! It was obvious as well that she didn't have much control even over her HAIR ....that was clearly something she remarked and wished she didn't have to do.

MY OPINION, is that in the story Lana DID NOT change herself to be with CLark or to be loved by him. She had already put the wheels in motion in obtaining Lex's research on the Prometheus suit and having herself be the guinea pig before the wedding! Did you not see the scene where Chloe and Clark reviewed the external harddrive of Lana's at ISIS? That was clearly done way "before" CHloe's wedding! It was only when Clark approach her in the Talon that gave her the thought that Clark still wanted to be with her. Lana stated CLEARLY in POWER on the rooftop that she didn't think they could be together when she saw him at the wedding. THEREFORE, she had already made her mind up to have the suit for her PURPOSE of doing GOOD in the World....which AGAIN she said to TESS. After all of this,.... THEN she talked with Clark on the rooftop of the DP.

LANA DID NOT CHANGE FOR CLARK....she changed for herself and to do GOOD in the WORLD. You totally ignored the timeline of her actions.

Still, Kristin's GBD mention is NOT relevant to be part of your review......... You blamed Kristin for the storyline and NOT the writers and reflected negatively on Kristin without factual information.

Again, I suggest you "revise" your review on that issue!
                      I don't really want to get into a virtual shouting match with you. I didn't like what she did for the reasons I stated in the review.

If you think I was wrong in how I came to my conclusions, that is certainly your opinion, but I don't feel the need to change a thing in my review at this point.

Comment

triplet i love your review i always love reading you review i sometime disagree but you are very objective i always look for your review after the episode

Comment

Originally posted by TOMophilus
                          Calm down, Clanaists! Triplet has explained what she meant. You are so Lana-ified that it seems you donīt even want to understand her.
                          k-site rule:
                          14) Flamewars and insults are strictly prohibited. This board is for the discussion of anything about the shows we cover, whether it is positive or negative. Everyone has a right to their opinions, so please do not flame or insult any user, even if you disagree with their point of view. Statements such as "how can you all think this way" or "why does everybody hate" or "you're all just jealous" are prohibited.

I am exercising my k-site rule reminder. I have a right just like everyone else to express my opinion, in this case 'negative' opinion without being subjected to the typical insults.

And this is my opinion:

You can't and shouldn't speak for Kristin Kreuk!
                          There was nothing wrong with Lana's storyline...it was a positive and heroic send off. If you don't see it that way; that it is fine. But you shouldn't question or malign Kristin's integrity or views because "you" didn't like it or had a different spin on the events. Lana's story arc showcased "empowerment", "growth" , and "heroism". All positive things in my book. If it wasn't so, it wouldn't have spurred so much anger and hate from some fans on this site. All one needs to do is read some of the responses on this board, which have more to do with Lana not 'deserving' of this form of heroic send off rather than it being degrading to the female empowerment of her character.

You don't have the right to "judge" anyone! Period. And that is what you are doing in questioning Kristin's principles...it is like me saying "I can't believe Erica Durance likes to be written as a person who promotes drinking, makes out with her boss, and has a self of entitlement. How can ED promote such a character?" < This is wrong! "I" as a fan can criticize certain traits about a fictional character (just like you do with Lana), but to question the integrity of the actress because you or I find something wrong with the fictional character is wrong on so many levels; very, very bad taste.

Comment

If you think I was wrong in how I came to my conclusions, that is certainly your opinion, but I don't feel the need to change a thing in my review at this point.
                            That's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ
                              I am asking her to EXCLUDE the part where she compares Kristin's work in GBD and her "approving " Lana's storyline......like Kristin had a choice or it was totally up to her to decide we have NO WAY OF KNOWING! Can you honestly say that YOU KNOW what Kristin thought of felt about all aspects of the storyline. Again, it is ALL SPECULATIVE to everyone. SO NO, it is NOT fair to ASSUME anything.

How Triplet "feels" about the episode , I could really care less about, because I disagree. Not only do I disagree I find her assessment inaccurate......throw in the poor objectivity and you get a very weak and poor review. That is my opinion and I am entitled to express that.
                              That's true, we have no way of knowing Kristin's thought process. But in two seperate interviews, she said that she had the opportunity to approve and contribute to Lana's story arc.

I really respect what Kristin is doing with GBD, but I think she has put herself in a position more than ever to be a positive role model for young girls and as a result, it is more important than ever for her to be careful in the roles she takes and the storylines she takes on.

But you are definitely entitled to your opinion, and I can see both sides of the issue on this storyline. I believe Kristin's heart was in the right place, but I don't think the final results were as empowering as they could have been.

To each their own, however. A review is just that-a review that expresses the reviewers' opinion. We will not all agree with Triplet's or anyone else's reviews, but that's the fun of reviewing.

Comment

I agree with her 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎