No announcement yet.

Lana is OFFICIALLY the Most Powerful Superhero in the SV Verse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonpryde
    This is exactly how I feel. I've always been a huge fan of Lana, and I was excited for her return. I remember being estatic in Legion, as it seemed that Clark and Lana were being given appropriate closure, and their relationship was more mature and progressive than ever.

Then...ughh.....

She should have died on that rooftop.

When KK said Lana was going to have a heroic sendoff, I thought she meant she'd do something heroic towards the plot progression of the Superman story, instead she literally leaves as a superhero herself!

Again...ughhh....

Yeah. I thought so, too.
    Obviously neither PS3, nor KK knew where Lana rightfully belongs in the Superman Mythos.

This is Smallville I know, but to send her off as Kryptonite woman looked way overdone.
    Especially after they have been showing us how deadly Green-K is to human in SV verse.
    This exit just didn’t feel right for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
      Think about it, Clark may have many powers but Lana has his three most powerful abilities; Invulnerability, Super Strength and Super Speed.

Not to mention, Lana has NO weaknesses; Kryptonite and magic (Clark's weaknesses) have no bearing on her.

Also, she can absorb Kryptonite and can make Clark (or other Kryptonians) weak and powerless in proximity to her!

I'm so disappointed that Lana kept her powers; what a joke.

It really takes away so much from the uniqueness of Superman when SuperLana is out there saving people as well.
      Firstly Superman is not unique.
      Secondly Lana does have weaknesses. Magic can still affect her the same way as kryptonians. Its one of the few ways Kryptonians do not differ from humans.
      Thirdly she does not seem to have super sensory powers like a kryptonian does.
      Fourthly Just because she can beat a kryptonian does not make her the most powerful. She would not stand a chance against Zatanna who is in the Smallverse.
      Fifthly she should have lost her powers while maintaining the kryptonite infection.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
        I think its more than that.

Kryptonians have a stronger weakness to magic than most.

This isn’t true. He’s just a susceptible to magic as humans etc.

Comment

Which is why she lost her powers, merely by John Corben touching her ("Valkyrie"). Even before that, Corben was able to grab her and hold her in a chokehold (he doesn't even have super speed). It was probably the first time (with her suit) that Lana went up against someone with powers (or any other form of enhancement) and he took her down so fast.

So, no, Lana is not the MOST powerful superhero in the SV Verse. She never was. She had speed, strength and invulnerability. But, to what degree? Clark has superhuman speed, but Bart Allen proved faster than him. In "Hug", Clark proved himself to be bulletproof (but still got bruises from the bullets), with him getting more invulnerable as he got older. As these two examples show, there are different degrees of speed and invulnerability.

In the season 10 finale, Clark flew into space and moved a planet the size of Saturn with his bare hands. Lana can't fly, nor would she likely be able to survive in space. Maybe, if she'd hold her breath (but, by all account, her lung capacity is still the same as the average human). She lacked superbreath, super hearing, x-ray vision and heat vision. As we saw several times, x-ray vision can be quite useful in finding someone. In "Obscura", Clark is able to find the buried Chloe, by x-raying the field. Lana couldn't, she'd have to dig up the whole field (with the victim having a limited air supply. So, if she doesn't find the victim instantly...). In "Splinter" and "Oracle", heat vision was shown to be able to blast someone invulnerable and send them flying. A Kryptonian wouldn't need to get near Lana, to fight her (whereas Lana would have to engage in hand-to-hand combat) and being able to fly, they could keep themselves at a safe distance. In "Persuasion", Clark was able to use his heat vision, to take down an entire building (and we don't know if that's the limit for heat vision). Could Lana withstand the full force of someone's heat vision (or would her nanites start to melt, at a certain temperature)? Heck, her absence in "Pandora" kinda suggests one thing: the Kandorians killed her.

The suit contains alien DNA. It's never said whose, but the only alien with the ability to absorb Kryptonite was Bizarro. A being who could be overloaded and killed by blue Kryptonite. In "Requiem", neither Clark or Lana suggests him using blue K, to be near her. Quite possibly because: he can't. If that is Bizarro's DNA in the suit, than being near blue K would've killed her.

There's no proof that her physical invulnerability would protect her from gas or drowning. Telepathy/mind control? Probably not.

Her suit is a piece of technology, prototype technology, made by humans. You might've noticed that technology malfunctions, it becomes obsolete, requires replacing. So, even if she hadn't lost it in "Valkyrie", the big question would be how long it could work, before it malfunctions? Could the suit be hacked? The nanites are metal, so a powerful enough magnetic field (either by a machine or someone like Seth Nelson or Cosmic Boy) could've likely pulled them off her skin.

So, this leaves us with several probable vulnerabilities:

1) John Corben (proven).

2) Anyone or anything that can absorb Kryptonite (proven through John Corben)

3) Blue Kryptonite (potentially lethal).

4) Magnetism.

5) Gas.

6) Water (either drowning or shortcircut the suit).

7) Heat vision.

8) Malfunctioning suit.

9) Magic (as noted by several other posters).

10) Anyone strong enough to get some blood out of her (even the invulnerable Clark has bled many times, as seen ex. in "Combat").

11) Mind control (as seen with Mikhail in "Jinx", a person with mind control can prevent you from breathing).

And those are just a few weaknesses that I can think off, at the moment. If I did a proper analysis, I could probably find more. And, as I noted in the beginning, Lana was taken down by the first supervillain that she encountered in "Valkyrie". She only defeated Corben, because Lois (who had past experience with Corben, knowing his weaknesses) helped her. And Corben being defeated by two non-powered humans shows that he's really not a top tier threat. All you need to do is remove his power source.

Her Kryptonite projection wouldn't have made her a useful ally (apart from against Kryptonians... up real close), it would've made her a burden. The other heroes could've never called upon her, in an all hands on deck situation. Because such a situation would've called for the presence of Superman, Supergirl and Superboy (and Power Girl, whose existence was teased a few times), the real big guns (if just one Kryptonian can move a planet, imagine what 3-4 (assuming that Power Girl would be a Kryptonian in this continuity) could do). Lana going with them would mean risking subjecting the Kryptonian heroes to a weakening radiation (taking them out of the game). So, the heroes would have to choose between Lana or 3-4 Kryptonians. The Kryptonians are not only more powerful, but also outnumber her.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎