What was annoying about Requiem???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazy Boy
    Where is the Toyman option?

They could have done a better job with him as I thought the way that Toyman was portrayed was too cheesy to come across as a bad guy. In matter of fact, he reminds me of the bad guys that Batman and Robin used to battle in the early series.
    I agree to that. He seemed more like a cartoon-esque vilain that anything. Props on the ideas for the smoke balloons but other than that... talking to a puppet (even if there was a camera in it) and building model metropolis seemed more like a childish man but I guess a man making toys has to be childish right?

Comment

Everything

That might have very well been the worst Episode of the series...and at the least its in the running

Time to use that Legion Ring Clark...Seriously I would almost accept an opening to Infamous where Clark goes to himself "wtf have I just done??...Im a total dumbass...I need to fix this" and uses the Legion Ring to wipe that crap out

and then we can continue on like this cluster***** never happened
      Last edited by Supes_24; 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Nothing was wrong with it. It was the fact thw anti-Clana league made it sound way worse than it actually was!

Comment

ACL - that's cute

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by skugers
          The teen-soap cheesyness just bored the heck out of me. I was constantly rolling my eyes and hoped for it to end soon. I watched cuz I had a little hope left. But I was obviously wrong.

At least there was Ollie...

***heart beating faster***

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I voted "all of the above" because that was the closest for me. But I am officially deleting the part that says anything bad about Ollie.
          Just so we're clear on that.
          Last edited by llk6165; 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Supes_24
            Everything

That might have very well been the worst Episode of the series...and at the least its in the running

Time to use that Legion Ring Clark...Seriously I would almost accept an opening to Infamous where Clark goes to himself "wtf have I just done??...Im a total dumbass...I need to fix this" and uses the Legion Ring to wipe that crap out

and then we can continue on like this cluster***** never happened

That would make the show much worst because the last few episodes would have been completely pointless... and besides... the ring was only set to go to the hall in the year 3009 like they said in the episode. I dont think its clark's personal dalorian!

Comment

Chloe still not visiting Jimmy &&& no explanation as to how he is!

Comment

well she mentions she does go visit him we just dont see it because Jimmy is only paid for half the season. so it could be that or when jimmy returns he says she hasnt been visiting which would raise a flag as to what shes been doing ever since not being corrupted by brainiac

Comment

How about the fat man? I found Schott annoying. It would've been great if he blew up with the truck caused by his own monkey.

Comment

All the above.

Comment

• I guess the answer is everything

Comment

• There was quite a bit that annoyed me during the episode itself. That happens with a lot of episodes. What lingers about Requiem, making it almost unique in terms of what was PARTICULARLY annoying about it, was its lingering effects with the characters.

Since Lana absorbed a whole bunch of Kryptonite, and since she has all of Clark's powers otherwise, and since she's gone and likely won't be back...that means that she's essentially left that way unless the writers want to address it (and it seems they'd like for us to forget they ever did that, thankyouverymuch, and maybe if they don't mention Lana there's a chance we will - riiiight).

So what's PARTICULARLY annoying is that when I watch the show now and Clark is imperiled, I wonder why (within the context of the story) he doesn't just call Lana up to have him bail him out. Really undermines that whole "most powerful man in the world" thing. Not to mention, really taking the legs out from under the "main hero" of the story.

And then I figure that with that much Knite, she must be off somewhere glowing in the dark growing nuttier than a fruitcake from the exposure. Possibly terrorizing another town. And maybe THAT'S why Clark can't call her in.

In which case, I wonder why someone's not trying to do something about that, since that would be - you know - a bit of a problem.

So I think the most annoying thing about Requiem - making it in my opinion one of the worst episodes ever - is the lingering effects it has on the series. The worst in making Clark seem pretty much redundant at this point.

Who needs Clark when the world has Lana - a woman with all of his powers but none of his weaknesses?

And I think that's why Requiem will go down as the worst thing that ever happened to the series, years down the road. Possibly not the most annoying episode to watch during the hour I watched it (there are some pretty good runners for that position). But for the series overall...absolutely the worst thing that ever happened to the show.

Comment

• Lex's apparent death..

That is the ONLY thing that really annoyed me about the whole series. The stiletto episode was a bit stupid IMO, but I managed to laugh at it. But this episode annoyed me because of the apparent death of Lex. Even though I'm a massive fan of Smallville I still hold the original movies very highly, and the whole Superman story in general. So for Lex Luther to die before CK has even developed into the eventual hero he'll become, has spoilt it for me. My only hope for the show to pull back it's credibility is for the death of Lex to be fake, and for him re-appear in the next series with an elaborate story of how he faked it!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎