No announcement yet.

Another stand alone episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stand alone episode?

I have to admit that I was dissapointed to discover that this was yet another stand alone episode. They were doing such a good job moving the main arc this season forward at the beginning of the season. They still manage to work in small tidbits about Lilith and Lucifer here and there. However, we need some more episodes that are dedicated to the arc itself. What happened to Castiel? If all we get is stand alone episodes until the season finale, I will definitely be dissapointed with this season as a whole.

ya im wondering whats with all the stand alone episodes in a row but maybe they are planning a bigger story for the main arc that has to be back to back and not mixed with fillers. guess we have to wait and see.

Comment

I was wondering that myself but then I thought about some of the spoilers I read and this episode seems like it might be prepping us for what might be coming. Besides that, the episodes towards the finale might get really heavy and dark so maybe Kripke wanted to give us a breather before he bombards us? Just some thoughts....

Comment

Don't worry Ryan, you will be happy after the break

I can see why they have these stand alone episodes. Why split the mytho episodes up with a 2nd hiatus. I think it was smart to do a series of stand alones before we get in the last of the episodes going straight through.
        Last edited by Lexgirl33; 02-05-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
          Don't worry Ryan, you will be happy after the break

I can see why they have these stand alone episodes. Why split the mytho episodes up with a 2nd hiatus. I think it was smart to do a series of stand alones before we get in the last of the episodes going straight through.
          Is that the way its going to be for both SPN and SV then, once we come back on March 5th, its going straight through to the season finales with no more breaks/hiatuses?

Good. I dislike month+ breaks.

Comment

Episodes 1 - 10:
            Mythology episodes

Lazarus Rising
            Are You There God, It's Me Dean Winchester
            In The Beginning
            It's The Great Pumpkin Sam Winchester
            I Know What You Did Last Summer
            Heaven and Hell

6 out of 10 isn't bad.

I think it was a good idea for Kripke to bunch up the standalone episodes. Hopefully when Supernatural comes back, well be in full blown mythology episodes until the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
              Is that the way its going to be for both SPN and SV then, once we come back on March 5th, its going straight through to the season finales with no more breaks/hiatuses?

Good. I dislike month+ breaks.
              I am not really sure about anymore breaks. We have about 8-9 more episodes. I know that after the hiatus that we will get more mytho episodes. [SPOILER] Castiel returns in March along with Lilth [/SPOILER]

Comment

Spirit Detective,

I wasn't refering to mythos in general. I was refering to episodes that focused solely on the arc with Lucifer and Castiel. In The Beginning didn't have anything to do with it. Castiel made an appearance to send Dean back, but the episode dealt with backstory/ the Winchester family history and the YED. That doesn't have anything to do with the main arc. Just like After School Special wouldn't be considered a main arc episode. It gave backstory into the Winchesters, but nothing having to do with the arc.

So that only makes 5 episodes out of a possible 14 so far that weren't stand alone from the season arc.

Comment

A while back they pretty much said htat after coming back from winter break we'd have 4 standalone episodes then really concentrate on the mytharc again until Season finale, Ryan. I think Kripke didn't want to get people back into the main story and then have to take another break, losing the tension. Kinda smart of him actually.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎