This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Requiem"

[Post deleted.]
    Last edited by Atomic girl; 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM. Reason: poster self edited

Originally posted by thebog1
    Discuss the episode's special effects.
    If we see Clark more than 10 minutes, it will be a special effect to me considering last week

Comment

The effect of Clark kissing Kryptonite Lana is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-Super-Man -5
        Yah, it did. That was my favorite special effect.

I'm glad we got some super-hearing too.

I don't think it's really a "special effect," but I think they did a really good job with making the Lex double believable.

Comment

Yeah, Lex looked great.
          Good directing when Clark was paying tribute to Lex.

Comment

I agree, the effect reminded me of the earlier seasons when Clark would come in contact with kryptonite.

Comment

The refection of the D.P. on fire in Toyman's sunglasses was cool. I really liked the effects when Lana abosrbed the kryptonite in the bomb...

Comment

Yeah, agreed.
                I was hoping for some effects like that, and it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by origin
                  I agree, the effect reminded me of the earlier seasons when Clark would come in contact with kryptonite.

Yeah, I was recently wondering why that don't do that anymore? It really did make the Clana a full circle.

Comment

yea the toyman eyes/bomb scene was good, the two lana kryptonite sucking scenes were pretty neat, and the krypto kiss was cool too. I really missed that old effect happening to clark when he was around kryptonite, i still wonder to this day why they dropped that years ago.

Comment

There were some nice SFX. Lana absorbing Kryptonite and the way she looked up reminded me when she got possessed by Isobel!

Comment

it was cool and it reminded me of Facade whenever Abby would kiss someone

Comment

See and that's where I noticed the fx guys biggest mistake. Are we to believe that the kryptonite would only effect his face when he was kissing Lana and not his hands that were touching her as well?

I think they should've shown the effects of the kryptonite spreading up his arms as well.

Comment

Kissing special effect....

Taking into account that Lana absorbed the Kryptonite into her person, I can see why you would see a "greater" affect of the Green K from the kiss than actual contact. Think of it as getting too close to something radiating heat like a Boiler. As you get closer, you feel the heat become greater, but you won't actually get burned unless you make contact. Since the green K radiation is internalized, it's reasonable to believe that her skin would afford some moderate protection from the radiation, which is why you wouldn't see the affect of the exposure where his hands made contact. How ever, the whole "lip lock" part is another matter since that is more of a direct exposure to the Kryptonite radiation contained within her body.

It makes sense that the suit would be designed to utilize Green K radiation, being that Lex knew all about Clark's secret. What isn't make clear is whether the green-K is utilized as an additional power supply, since the actual power supply for the suit was not established either.

Comment

Clark was here. Special effect to my heart

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎