Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pete's Ready to Lead From the Front...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete's Ready to Lead From the Front...

Pete's really stepping up in a good way lately... becoming more decisive and aggressive when situations call for it. For instance, when Claire woke him up on the plane, he immediately started cleaning house and coordinating the escape while directing Claire to take control of the front cockpit.

Also, Peter just seems to have a significant aura of leadership about him... largely because recent events (e.g. being powerless, battling his father, etc., etc.) have likely made him stronger.

Hopefully, the writers will continue to build on his growth as the significant leader of the heroes... and hopefully grow in powers as well, to be a worthy adversary for any powerful villain.

Yeah Peter seems smarter now, and so naturally and predictably they had to take him down a few pegs power wise. Because Super Powerful + Super Smart = Unstoppable. In the past when Peter was very powerful, he was stupid/naive to balance it out. This is basically what they did with Clark on Smallville over the years--he had great powers, balanced out by him being a big dumb alien who kept repeating the same mistakes over and over and who needed other people to figure things out for him all the time and tell him what to do and what to think, and even how to think. Luckily for him he usually didn't have to worry about thinking because Chloe was there to do it for him.

And Sylar of course they can keep "very powerful and smart" without the Peter counterbalance because Sylar is not exactly truly evil. He is more of an "anti hero" type figure. So sometimes he'll be acting on the side of good (as the lesser of two evils), like when going head to head against other evil, like evil-out-of-nowhere rebooted Nathan and his minions.

Comment

I don't think Peter is that dumb, I just think his too nice. He walks in and doesn't do anything until someone else starts the fight. By then he's usually getting beat up or his powers drained.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        And Sylar of course they can keep "very powerful and smart" without the Peter counterbalance because Sylar is not exactly truly evil. He is more of an "anti hero" type figure. So sometimes he'll be acting on the side of good (as the lesser of two evils), like when going head to head against other evil, like evil-out-of-nowhere rebooted Nathan and his minions.
        I agree that Sylar is more of an "anti-hero"... and because of that, I'd like to see more interaction between Sylar and Peter. I think they're beginning to have a mutual respect for each other.

I feel Sylar respects Peter because he knows Pete sticks to his morals without waivering... he knows Pete has a pure soul. Of course, they won't agree on the methods of how justice is brought, but that's expected (much like Batman/Superman relationship).

It would be great if the writers would provide us with at least one episode in which Pete and Sylar are forced to join up and beat down some evil adversary that threatens the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          Yeah Peter seems smarter now, and so naturally and predictably they had to take him down a few pegs power wise. Because Super Powerful + Super Smart = Unstoppable. In the past when Peter was very powerful, he was stupid/naive to balance it out. This is basically what they did with Clark on Smallville over the years--he had great powers, balanced out by him being a big dumb alien who kept repeating the same mistakes over and over and who needed other people to figure things out for him all the time and tell him what to do and what to think, and even how to think. Luckily for him he usually didn't have to worry about thinking because Chloe was there to do it for him.

"evil-out-of-nowhere rebooted Nathan"

The stupidest thing Peter ever did was hug his "evil-out-of-nowhere-I-cannot-believe-he-is-still-alive Father"

Comment

Peter and the Hatian should not have let Sylar kill Arthur. I think the hereos would have been beter off with Arthur in charge. Nathan has completly lost it. If peter was worried about the future before he should be two times as worried now.

Comment

Is it possible to kill someone with Claire's power? I mean Sylar somehow lived through that building burning down. They even found dental records.

Comment

Somebody that is not known right now must have helped him and he could have pulled his teeth out and left them in there and grew new ones. At this point they don't want anyone to know. the writers that is

Comment

I guess that could of happened, but Adam Monroe got burned to a crisp in season two and survived it, or at least I think he did.

Comment

More character development

Originally posted by x THE CHEETAH x
                    Pete's really stepping up in a good way lately... becoming more decisive and aggressive when situations call for it. For instance, when Claire woke him up on the plane, he immediately started cleaning house and coordinating the escape while directing Claire to take control of the front cockpit.

Also, Peter just seems to have a significant aura of leadership about him... largely because recent events (e.g. being powerless, battling his father, etc., etc.) have likely made him stronger.

Hopefully, the writers will continue to build on his growth as the significant leader of the heroes... and hopefully grow in powers as well, to be a worthy adversary for any powerful villain.
                    Someone in another thread mentioned how awesome season 1 was because of the deep character development. If the show has lost anything, it's that. The action has been intense, the storyline has become less complicated, but I still feel like the characters have stagnated (except for Peter, who clearly has been growing up little by little all along).

Nathan has been a self-serving a-hole from the get-go; extremely predictable; I miss the moments when he would surprisingly show a shred of humanity.

I REALLY miss wondering what HRG was up to - since season 2, it's always painfully obvious that he doesn't care about anything except his family, yadda yadda yadda...
                    I can't believe Claire was suprised that Noah was in the cockpit. Of course both of her fathers were in on it. They were hoping to keep innocent little Claire safe while Nathan screws up the world in his twisted sense of utilitarianism, and Noah would go along simply to keep Claire out of it. One-track mind... getting boring now.

And Claire has been static, again, since season 2. No character development; just the same old "I wanna be an independent big kid now." Daphne is static. Tracy is static AND (so far) kind of boring. Mohinder was getting interesting but they sidelined him.

Hiro and Ando have simply reversed roles, but the humor that used to be inherent in their relationship (and added a good comic foil to the show) is gone. Hiro went through his transformation in season 2, learning how to use his powers, and then his powers were stripped from him right when he could have gotten even more interesting.

It's really sad that the most surprising thing about the first episode in this new volume was the fact that Sylar decided NOT to kill his adoptive father.

Comment

Originally posted by x THE CHEETAH x
                      I agree that Sylar is more of an "anti-hero"... and because of that, I'd like to see more interaction between Sylar and Peter. I think they're beginning to have a mutual respect for each other.

I feel Sylar respects Peter because he knows Pete sticks to his morals without waivering... he knows Pete has a pure soul. Of course, they won't agree on the methods of how justice is brought, but that's expected (much like Batman/Superman relationship).

It would be great if the writers would provide us with at least one episode in which Pete and Sylar are forced to join up and beat down some evil adversary that threatens the world...
                      Agreed on all counts.

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
                      "evil-out-of-nowhere rebooted Nathan"

The stupidest thing Peter ever did was hug his "evil-out-of-nowhere-I-cannot-believe-he-is-still-alive Father"
                      Lol, and let's not forget he REPEATED that exact same mistake with Nathan in this last episode. And here I thought Peter wasn't supposed to be stupid/gullible anymore in this reboot. Whoops. lol It would seem whenever somebody asks him for a hug, Peter is unable to refuse. Peter's feeble brain: "Must...resist...urge...to....hug.....enemy... Must...not...must..not.....must...must hug! Must hug! HUG HUG HUG!" lol
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I like that Peter's a nice guy and all and wants to give people hugs, but he needs to learn not to hug everyone. Especially the people he can't trust. I mean who gives someone a hug after saying, "No I wont, I won't go along with your plan Nathan. I'll fight you with every lest breath that I have." come on?
                        Last edited by Level5; 02-05-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

^I think Peter would hug and kiss a poisonous snake if it asked him nicely enough... lol

Snake: Hsssssss... Come here, Peter... I just want a hug... That's it, I promise. Hssssssss.
                          Peter: Well...I know I probably shouldn't trust you.....but...OKAY!
                          *hugs snake*
                          *snake immediately bites and poisons him*
                          Peter (dying): Uhhhhhhh.....I guess the old saying is true....fool me once, shame on you.....fool me thirty-seven times, shame on God for creating my dumb ass." *dies*

Comment

Dude, that's great.

Comment

In that season 2 episode with hiro leaving kensei/adam monroe to die in the flaming tent...he survived that. short of pulling off their head and throwing it into a wood chipper they are a shoe-in to be the one that survives most things but who knows maybe sylar did have help but I'm just saying the glass would have melted with the heat and he is strong and almost un-killable. It isn't crazy to think he survived on his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎