No announcement yet.

Peter change

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Level5
    But I didn't want to be right. Because if I am, then that means Peter's power really has changed.

Well, I still like the show, but the continuity changes are getting on my nerves. I didn't like that Peter is at square 1 but it is what it is. I just can't believe that TPTB change how powers work.

Comment

ok let me put it this way. Basically at the beginning of every volume Peter has to be reset because he is too powerful.

Either he loses abilities, he has a mind wipe and doesnt know how to use his abilities, he is locked up given a drug to suppress his abilities. It gets redundant.

Peter was too powerful. The whole point of having Heroes that overcome insurmountable odds is that they have to come together to figure it out, and solve the problem, and defeat the ultimate bad guy.

Sylar is one man. One man instead of a team of bad guys. It SHOULD take a team to take him out. Just as it should take a team to go against an army. Either they had to find a way to remove his powers altogether and get rid of him, or they had to find a viable story line to reduce them.

I am glad they reduced them. Peter Patrelli was too powerful. No one hero should be as powerful as the villain they go against in a show devoted to multiple heroes.

If this was Spiderman? Sure. But it's not. It is X-Men. X-Men kick ass because their villains can be so powerful. If Spiderman had to go up against Magneto he would have his web spinners crushed in 2 seconds and hundreds of cars from the streets of new york thrown at him.

Wouldn't be a fight that lasted long.

Sylar got the crap kicked out of him at the end of volume one. But it was just against Peter for the most part and then I have to ask. What was the point of all the other heroes there at the same time?

None, they were there to give peter powers. No thanks. Lets make Peter the Anti-Clark and instead of just relying on brute force at the last minute lets make him think and try to figure out how to beat the nemesis like he did in season 1. Well right up to the end of volume 1 anyways.

Comment

Yoshua . . . you fail.

Peter is supposed to be the opposite of Sylar . . . there is always one good and one bad, remember. At some point there will be an epic battle between Sylar and Peter when both are extremely powerful . . . in the end, there will be teamwork by the heroes, but Peter will be the leader, the most powerful

I'm sick of seeing such a pansy in Peter's character, he always gets manipulated and tricked, made to look helpless. A 3 year old learns from what happens to them, but with these writers, apparently Peter is incapable of learning anything.

It's old, boring, and not fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkClone
          Yoshua . . . you fail.

Peter is supposed to be the opposite of Sylar . . . there is always one good and one bad, remember. At some point there will be an epic battle between Sylar and Peter when both are extremely powerful . . . in the end, there will be teamwork by the heroes, but Peter will be the leader, the most powerful

I'm sick of seeing such a pansy in Peter's character, he always gets manipulated and tricked, made to look helpless. A 3 year old learns from what happens to them, but with these writers, apparently Peter is incapable of learning anything.

It's old, boring, and not fun to watch.
          Darkclone. you fail.

Having an all powerful super hero defeats the purpose of having a group of super heros.

Yes Peter was supposed to be his equal, and yet he failed, miserably, continually. Why? because he didnt use his brain. The epic battle at the end of volume 1 was a failure. Why? Well if you have to ask you are twice a failure. Peter will lead regardless of his abilities.

Who would you rather have leading you. Clark Kent or Batman? Personally I'd take Batman. Least he can rub 2 brain cells together and find solutions to problems instead of blindly running in at the last second and squashing bugs.

If Peter was always meant to be all powerful then the writers never would have reset his abilities. And I am not talking about this time. I am talking about at the beginning of basically every Volume so far. The story has continually been 'how will Peter get his abilities back this time and squash the bug?'

That story sucks. and those who enjoy it fail at plot progession.
          Last edited by Yoshua; 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I hate how they keep reseting Peter's abilities it drives me crazy.

The last chapter was great up until the point he got his powers sucked out of him. I was really expecting him to have absorbed Arthur's power and had it take no affect on him.

Comment

Peter, Parkman, Hiro, and Sylar. The 4 strongest characters on the show. Notice how it's always them getting mind wiped, powers taken, stuck in time, resetted, etc. It's because they are so strong that they could stop the plot in no time, thus the writers must find ways to make them not a factor at times. Annoying indeed.

As for Peter I am not sure if his power gaining can only be done by touch or he has just learned more control. Either way there is absolutely no way that anyone can infer or speculate that he can only use one at a time thus far, as some have done.

Remember how Peter got Tracy's power? When he got rifle butted. When he was using super strength. Many people seem to forget that and are thinking that only after he got her power was he getting hit/hurt. Even Nikki got hit and hurt with her super strength. In this show, never ever has super strength been the same as invulnerability as Haitian's brother had.

Comment

I think it was obvious that he lost his super strength after touching Tracy. Because when he turned around and punched the guy, he then grabbed his hand like it hurt to hit him. Which it would for a normal person. I don't know if he just lost focus of the power after touching Tracy though. Because I think for him to use an ability he has to focus on it.

Comment

yea but alot was goin opn at that time..when he touched tracy he lost his balance..when the guard hit him it cauught him off guard and then all hell broke loose..i really dont think that he has 2 touch 2 absorb the writers used that 2 show another way pete can gain powers

Comment

That my be true, but it doesn't make since why the writers would do that. If Peter could still absorb powers by just being around other people with powers. Then he would of already had Mohinder's power. Peter has never been able to control whose power he absorb before. And to add that in without letting the viewers know is a plot hole.

I know you all think I'm just expecting too much, but I do expect more, the first season was awesome. I need to go back and watch it again, but I don't think there was a single plot hole in it. They set the bar really high for this show in the first season. And at this point, I don't think they're cutting it. And the ratings obviously show that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd watch this show even if bombs were falling outside. I just think they need to get back on track and stop throwing plot holes at the viewers.

I could just be totally wrong about all of this. And I guess we'll see in about 6 days.

Comment

Level5, sadly, I think you're right. I watched it again too, and he only flew when he'd touched Nathan. The ONLY thing that I think doesn't make sense about it, was that he only got Mohinder's power when he touched Mohinder's skin, same story with Tracy. He doesn't touch Nathan's skin, which is my only hope that he still has his total power absorption ability. Because Sylar having the ability to have multiple powers, and Peter not, not only messes with the balances the series tries to provide, but along with what MrZeppo said, DNA does not change. It wouldn't make sense to have him with a different ability. Also too, when his hand hurt, he did punch the guy in the helmet, he's got superstrength, not invincibity.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

And also too, remember how he had to kind of think about how the person made him feel when he would try to use their powers. What better way to remove the grogginess and remind him of his ability to feel what Mohinder works like than to touch him.
                      Last edited by HurricaneSam2890; 02-03-2009, 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Right, his DNA shouldn't have changed, thus he would have the same ability.

You might be right, but I think Mohinder's ability is more then just super strength. Because remember Mohinder was able to take quiet a bit before he went down. And Peter seemed to have no trouble before he had touched Tracy.

You mean by touching Mohinder it made him able to get in touch with his power faster?

Comment

OK, I'm reading Beeman's Blog and found this:

"Tim was looking to re-direct the show in several ways with this new story arc. First, the goal was to re-set our HEROES in a way that is more human and earthbound. He sets the episode 6 weeks into the future since the last time we saw them. Each of them has returned to a version of their "normal" life - even though we may not know how they got there. This mystery is part of the fun. Tim also wanted to separate them from each other. He wanted to diminish their powers, especially as regards our two most powerful characters Hiro and Peter. And he then wanted to rip them away from their newfound normalcy and put them into continuous jeopardy by having them pursued and hunted by a new threat which uses tactics that are more aggressive and less forgiving than those imposed by the former “Company.”"

Diminish their Power? No! don't do that, bad go back now, please! Please tell me I'm dreaming all of this!?!?

Comment

Peter's power's have been diminished for what seems like forever to me already.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

why do they have to continue to mess with him?
                            Last edited by targis; 02-03-2009, 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, but that has always been wiping his memory or something. This is really taking away his ability to have more then one power.

I pray I'm wrong, but I don't know after what I've seen so far.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by targis
                              Peter's power's have been diminished for what seems like forever to me already.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

why do they have to continue to mess with him?

Exactly! why do they have to change everything? I liked it the way it was. the whole last chapter was a little boring to me after Peter lost all of his power. I mean come on, the opening scene of the show stated with him. He is the most powerful of them all. How can they change that?
                              Last edited by Level5; 02-04-2009, 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think peter absorbed flight before he touched Nathan and he didn't want to fly until after he grabed hold of Nathan so he could make sure that he rescued Nathan from the building.
                                Last edited by targis; 02-04-2009, 01:33 AM. Reason: made mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎