Screentime Minutes for Power

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I raise my next Caffeine Free Diet Coke to you . That couldn't have been easy, and yeah, you better run a virus scan...... we appreciate it!

Comment

It's not surprising that Lana would get the most screentime. This was her episode.

I will guess that her screentime for Requiem will also be high.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
        First time I ever did this with the sound turned off on my computer. It made the episode marginally better.

Running Time: 41m, 40s
        "Previously On": 1m, 4s

Clark: 15m, 2s (his season low so far)
        Chloe: 8m, 17s
        Tess: 12m, 8s

Lana the Holy: 20m, 15s

Season To Date: (# of eps)

Clark: 264m, 25s (13)
        Chloe: 162m, 46s (13)
        Lois: 104m, 46s (8)
        Jimmy: 67m, 29s (7)
        Tess: 74m, 29s (9)
        Davis: 52m, 45s (7)
        Oliver: 71m, 8s (7)

Lana the All-Knowing: 48m, 53s (4)

Now, I need to go delete this from my hard drive, and run a Virus Scan to make sure it didn't leave behind any icky residue.

I love that last line, and the "Lana, The Holy" reference!

Thanks for doing this, Badtoad! Along with Cedric's review this is what I look forward to seeing after every episode!

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Becc
        Thanks Kalista, that's a great point.

The reason they won't shoot anything in Star City is because it means at least one new set, which is more money, for a character that they obviously don't care that much for.

To all those who wished Lois was there instead of Chloe, I imagine the story would go something like Clark pining, still in love with Lana and Lois being ignored. As a Lois fan I'm glad she's not in these eps- besides she's been mentioned about as much as Jimmy, so it's obvious how much they care for her character.
        Hey Rebecca! I sadly have to agree with this as well!
        Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 02-02-2009, 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Chloe's not in Star City cos apparently the showrunners don't give a flying flip about Chloe and Jimmy's relationship. Can't say I blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
            Lana getting more screentime than Clark. Clark getting his lowest numbers of the season (back to season 7 minutes). Exactly why this episode blows.
            Clark was almost not in the episode at all. And when he was there it was to be the Lana's stooge
            That is why I didn't vote for him FOR THE FIRST TIME at the favorite character of an epi. I consider he was not in "power", not where he is supposed to be, so no vote for Clark because no Clark
            AN EPISODE WITHOUT THE HERO IS NOT AN EPISODE

Comment

Thanks BT

I thought Clark was less time

Comment

Originally posted by Tompouce
                Clark was almost not in the episode at all. And when he was there it was to be the Lana's stooge
                That is why I didn't vote for him FOR THE FIRST TIME at the favorite character of an epi. I consider he was not in "power", not where he is supposed to be, so no vote for Clark because no Clark
                AN EPISODE WITHOUT THE HERO IS NOT AN EPISODE

I totally agree, Karine! I certainly hope that we see a turnaround this week. It's been so disappointing to watch Clark's character dress like a 15 year old and act like one.

Comment

I really hate that Lana's going to beat Davis' entire season screentime with her 5 episodes. Ugh.

Comment

I thought Clark was less time
                    I wish!! This was one episode that I wouldn't have minded ZERO Clark screentime minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                      Her character isn't being sacrificed. In Legion, she baked cookies and went to see Jimmy. In Bulletproof, Clark said he was glad to catch her before she left (for Star City) as she was packing a bag. Chloe told Clark she wanted to get back before Jimmy wakes up.

So, she's obviously traveling back and forth between Star City and SV probably to pick up things she needs while away. Stopping by to briefly see Clark during one of her return trips to SV does not make her a neglectful wife. The writers have given plenty of hints that she is with Jimmy on a routine basis.

Thanks for the screentime minutes.
                      Personally I would have liked a mention of Jimmy simply because it makes sense but I wonder if people would have the same problem and to such a degree with Chloe not being with her husband if Lois wasn't in Star City. At this point I refuse to believe that Lois is nursing Jimmy or any such thing. She's keeping away from home because of Lana and Clana.

Thanks for the times.

Comment

Agreed Dustmite. There is no need for Lois to take care of Jimmy. We've seen in the last two episodes, minus this one, that Chloe has been going back and forth busting her ass to see Jimmy. Lois isn't around because Lana is around. And if they were both around Clark would choose Lana over Lois likes he's done with everyone else on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                          Personally I would have liked a mention of Jimmy simply because it makes sense but I wonder if people would have the same problem and to such a degree with Chloe not being with her husband if Lois wasn't in Star City. At this point I refuse to believe that Lois is nursing Jimmy or any such thing. She's keeping away from home because of Lana and Clana.

Thanks for the times.
                          I don't know that it would have mattered if it was Lois or another relative. I know if I was married to someone and they were hospitalized in a critical condition on my wedding day I would have packed enough to stay for as long as possible and had relatives/friends bring me anything I needed so I could stay. Relatives/friends stepping in to let me take a break would be one thing, but leaving a relative there while I go backwards and forwards; spending time helping someone else with computer searches and stopping for coffees and little chats wouldn't be high on my agenda. And it's SO out of character for Chloe. Chloe cares more than that. And the fact it reflects badly on her is bad writing IMO.

Now in fairness maybe between the cookies and the scene in Isis in Bulletproof where Clark was glad to have caught her, is in a matter of a few hours. Is she wearing the same clothes? Little odds, but that's one scenario. And there's no time frame given from Bulletproof to Power so to suddenly have her back in Metropolis with no mention of Jimmy is again bad writing. One line. One little mention or explanation and it would have looked better IMO - even without mentioning Lois.

Comment

Badtoad, I admire your brave effort. In the days of yore you'd be given two Log Boats, Yak's fur, and a Goat's sacrifice amid the town's people for able to withstand such garbage as this episode. But in 2009, we're a civilized people. So thanks for all of this.

Originally posted by BadToad
                            Clark: 15m, 2s (his season low so far)
                            Lana the Holy: 20m, 15s

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                              At this point I refuse to believe that Lois is nursing Jimmy or any such thing. She's keeping away from home because of Lana and Clana.
                              We are all assuming Lois is there with Jimmy but the truth is we don't know where she is. For all we know she can be out on an assigment in the Niagara falls investigating fraud on newlyweds or following a lead in Star City. Personally, I'm glad she's not around during the Lana arc, that would have messed with Lois' character.

Comment

BadToad, are we going to get the screentime minutes for Lex this week? Alright, you have permission to slap me now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎