Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screentime Minutes for Power

First time I ever did this with the sound turned off on my computer. It made the episode marginally better.

Running Time: 41m, 40s
    "Previously On": 1m, 4s

Clark: 15m, 2s (his season low so far)
    Chloe: 8m, 17s
    Tess: 12m, 8s

Lana the Holy: 20m, 15s

Season To Date: (# of eps)

Clark: 264m, 25s (13)
    Chloe: 162m, 46s (13)
    Lois: 104m, 46s (8)
    Jimmy: 67m, 29s (7)
    Tess: 74m, 29s (9)
    Davis: 52m, 45s (7)
    Oliver: 71m, 8s (7)

Lana the All-Knowing: 48m, 53s (4)

Now, I need to go delete this from my hard drive, and run a Virus Scan to make sure it didn't leave behind any icky residue.

Thanks, BadToad. You sacrificed so that we might understand...

20 minutes?!

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
      First time I ever did this with the sound turned off on my computer. It made the episode marginally better.

Running Time: 41m, 40s
      "Previously On": 1m, 4s

Chloe: 8m, 17s
      Tess: 12m, 8s

Season To Date: (# of eps)

Clark: 264m, 25s (13)
      Chloe: 162m, 46s (13)
      Lois: 104m, 46s (8)
      Jimmy: 67m, 29s (7)
      Tess: 74m, 29s (9)
      Davis: 52m, 45s (7)
      Oliver: 71m, 8s (7)

Lana the All-Knowing: 48m, 53s (4)

Now, I need to go delete this from my hard drive, and run a Virus Scan to make sure it didn't leave behind any icky residue.
      Hahahahahahahahahaha ahaha ha

My tummy hurts now

Thanks for the totals, BadToad!. Both Chloe and Lana had way too much screen time

Comment

Oh, BT, this is appreciated.... but we would have understood if you decided to skip this one!! LOL

And THAT explains so much. :/

It also didn't help that for about 14 of those minutes, Clark was an idiot.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by unfocused

Thanks for the totals, BadToad!. Both Chloe and Lana had way too much screen time
        Chloe's screentime was pointless and terrible... WHY is the woman not in Star City?

They're making Chloe out to be such a horrible person.
        Last edited by eas; 02-01-2009, 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Exactly. This is why Erica should have replaced Allison for these 5 episodes of Lana. She could have helped Clark steer away from lana, all while Chloe would be looking like a good wife caring for her husband.

Comment

Thanks BadToad, I was wondering if you were going to do it this time... So Clark had to step down so we could enjoy the "Legend of Lana Lang".

And Lana as a guest star, has more minutes per episode in average than Jimmy, Tess, Oliver and Davis.

Comment

Well, I get the whole contract thing, and Allison has to be in every episode, but for the writers to be so careless and lazy that they don't even bother to explain what Chloe's deal is, and why she isn't with Jimmy? Pretty unreal.

But then again, they were so utterly distracted by the holy light that shines off Lana's halo, above her perfect head (Jonas Brother hair-do, not withstanding), I guess they just couldn't be bothered to take a little extra care with Chloe.

Comment

Thanks for the numbers BadToad.

Comment

Thanks BadToad.
                  Who's Jimmy again? Oh, that's right. He's that guy that we haven't seen in over two months now.

Screentime minutes don't mean a lot to me for this episode. It was going to be bad no matter what.

Comment

Thanks BadToad - for the numbers as well as the personal sacrifice

I KNEW her screen-time was considerably more than Clark's. Was this the case with Oliver in Toxic too?

Comment

Well, I get the whole contract thing, and Allison has to be in every episode, but for the writers to be so careless and lazy that they don't even bother to explain what Chloe's deal is, and why she isn't with Jimmy? Pretty unreal.

But then again, they were so utterly distracted by the holy light that shines off Lana's halo, above her perfect head (Jonas Brother hair-do, not withstanding), I guess they just couldn't be bothered to take a little extra care with Chloe.
                      Well, Allison had the chance to add three short words such as "Jimmy's doing better." It would have added probably one more second to her screentime but it would have made her character look ten times better.

Comment

Which is interesting, given that Allison Mack DIRECTED the thing!

I have major issues with the whole contract thing, too, but I won't get into it here. But THIS is a perfect example of why it hurts the narrative of the show.

LOIS should have been in this episode, not Chloe. If they just took the time to give Clark & Lois ONE conversation, it would make this all make so much more sense. The convo that Chloe/Clark had in the beginning of the episode? That could have been Lois & Clark. She could have walked in on him viewing the tape and they could have had an awkward (but necessary conversation) where Lois tells him the same stuff Chloe does. (And, as an added bonus, Chloe doesn't get whiplash from having split personalities.) Lois could have told Clark that it was important for him to find out exactly why Lana left and for Clark to get to the bottom of things with Lana, rather than assuming things.

Suddenly, Clark doesn't look a jerk for completely closing the door on the possibility of Lois (because she TOLD him to...) and Chloe is in Star City where she's supposed to be.

And as for the exposition scenes? The ones where Chloe gives Clark a run-down of everything that happened before? HE CAN SUPERSPEED, YOU STUPID WRITERS!!!

They can have him whooshing in and have Chloe go, "Whoa, what are you doing in Star City? Not that I'm minding the visit... Jimmy will be happy to see you....". They could have said that the coffee shop was in Star City & she was taking a coffee break. Totally in-character for Chloe and it makes sense, since we've NEVER seen that coffee shop set before.

But... no... all of that would detract from the beauty of Lana. Apparently, they expect us to become to the brainless mush that THEY become when Lana is onscreen, so we got none of this stuff.

Comment

^^^ WORD eas!

Comment

Maybe Allison is a Lana/Clana fan?

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                              ...since we've NEVER seen that coffee shop set before.
                              I thought this was the same place Chloe and Davis spoke at at the end of "Prey"(?) Sorry, I know this isn't your point, but I could have sworn the set was used before.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎