Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ: Regarding "haters"

I just want to remind you all of two rules here at the KryptonSite Forum that I see ignored all over the place:

10) DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD SHOULD AT ALL TIMES BE ABOUT THE SHOWS THEMSELVES OR THE FORUM TOPIC AT HAND.. To that end the following threads or discussions are strictly prohibited:
    - Threads or discussions designed solely to insult another group of fans, such as threads about why people like one character more than another
    - Insulting fans of a character, ship, or differing viewpoint, including couched insults hidden behind jokes, sarcasm, silly banter, or Emoticons
    - Psychoanalyzing other fans or posters views, which includes any remarks regarding another members frame of mind or sanity. At ABSOLUTELY NO time is it appropriate to tell another poster that they are in denial or delusional
    - Discussion of the Kryptonsite boards
    - Making generalizations regarding fandom as a whole without citing official sources (such as a poll or article)
    - Name calling and other similarly offensive remarks
    - Abusive use of Emoticons, including couched insults hidden in Emoticons and overuse of Emoticons [No more than 5 Emoticons per post, no more than 1 Emoticon per paragraph]

and

14) Flamewars and insults are strictly prohibited. This board is for the discussion of anything about the shows we cover, whether it is positive or negative. Everyone has a right to their opinions, so please do not flame or insult any user, even if you disagree with their point of view. Statements such as "how can you all think this way" or "why does everybody hate" or "you're all just jealous" are prohibited.

----

The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

In other words, referring to other people or dismissing them as "haters" or "Lana haters" or what have you is not only incredibly immature, it's against the forum rules. I'm so sick of seeing it this morning, that it will result in bannings.

You are NOT to talk about other fans or fan groups in here. If you have a problem with someone's post or behavior, REPORT THE POST. Don't fuel the fire by being like "you all are just haters."

As I said in another thread, I might just have to start banning people whenever I see the word "haters" because it's getting really ridiculous. Just like the running around bashing "Lana Fu Fang" last week, this trend has become incredibly irritating.

It probably only means that they haven't been gotten to yet, that's all. There's a LOT to clean up today because of the behavior of a few people who are acting like children.

Comment

I want to add Rule #2. Many of your are cursing or using masked vulgarity. It still counts as profanity because we all know what you are saying.

2) Absolutely no profanity or explicit sexual references are allowed on Kryptonsite.

Comment

Ah, thank you for this, Craig!

Comment

Thanks for creating this thread, Craig.
          Hopefully, everyone reads this.

Comment

Yet again Craig, you've opened another great thread.

Comment

Thanks, Craig.

Comment

thank you craig.

Comment

Oh, no. I haven't been on-line since before Power aired last night and this was the first place I came to; now I'm afraid to go any further.

Thanks for the warning and the heads up.

Comment

Thanks Craig, I think alot of us needed this reminder.
                    Seriously, the bashing and hate is kinda getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                      Oh, no. I haven't been on-line since before Power aired last night and this was the first place I came to; now I'm afraid to go any further.

Thanks for the warning and the heads up.
                      Its just a warning before people start it all up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                        Its just a warning before people start it all up again.
                        Oh, okay. *phew* Will try and be on my bestest behavior.

Comment

Thanks, Craig.
                          Last edited by tibbit78; 01-31-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

thanks Craig for starting this.
                            i was really getting tired telling some people to stop bashing characters and fellow posters. hope this works!
                            its not because things r not going the way you like you need to act like a five year old geez!!!!!!!!!!
                            if this continues i rather see clana then some more treadwars
                            o better watch out or ill get banned
                            only joking craig thanks again for post

Comment

Originally posted by Bre723
                              Seriously, the bashing and hate is kinda getting out of hand.
                              You kinda missed the point. Craig made this to stop the "haters" name calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎