Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Dean - Jensen Ackles younger brother?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Dean - Jensen Ackles younger brother?

Jeez.. That had to be one of the best casting decisions I have ever seen before. The actor chosen to play young Dean looked exactly like a younger version of JA, and even sounded like him. It almost makes you wonder if the guy is related to Jensen. Totally spot on choice.

I couldn't agree more. Young Sam was good too. Too many times I've seen horrible choices for "younger versions" of characters.

Comment

I would be interested to know if they looped Jensen Ackles in some parts, or if the actor is just a good impressionist. Because a few lines, especially the first couple of words in a new scene sound EXACTLY like JA.

Comment

So many people complained about how he said "beatin'".

Proves that people shouldn't complain until it happens.

Comment

This guy was more Dean like than the little kid who played Dean in previous episodes. That kid just bugged me.

Comment

Their mannerisms were so alike.

Especially the line "I'm gonna rip his lungs out".

Comment

ya he was just like jensen and his eyes and facial expresions and all that was dean like. i liked young sam too but young sam and young dean seemed so weird together. just the hieght diffrence and stuff lol. and in real life 14 year old sam was like 10 and 18 year old dean was like 24 lol.

Comment

Well the Dirk ghost did say "You've gotten taller Sam".

Comment

Good point, man this show has great detail!

Comment

Originally posted by LightningFlash
                    Well the Dirk ghost did say "You've gotten taller Sam".
                    ya maybe its was kripkes idea of poking fun at the shortness of li9ttle sam lol.

Comment

I agree...the similarity was almost eerie. They did an excellent job of casting there. I hope if they need a Dean in that age range again they will use the same guy.

Comment

When he started speaking in the first memory/flashback thingy I was like 'Woah, is Jensen dubbing this?' Then he started to annoy me a bit, I'd rather see Jensen in those hilarious PE shorts again and little Sammy looked just like him *cute*

Comment

The guy who played young Dean was awsome totally in character.My guess is he spent some time with Jensen Ackles getting to know his mannerisms.Thats what most actors do if they are playing the same character only younger. The kid playing Dean in the past didn't bother me,that was when he was early in hunting. Going by the Rising Son comics Dean didn't develope his 'additude' until he was 12.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎