Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite TV Couples

Since this is the TV forum, I thought would be interesting to discuss favorite couples from everyone's favorite shows. What are your favorite TV couples? Also, why are they your favorite? To get some discussion going, write why you like them when you list them. This will help especially for shows that people aren't familiar with.

My Top 5 TV Couples :

1) Lois & Clark (Dean and Teri) - Lois & Clark : TNAS

Dean & Teri had the most believeable on-screen chemistry of any two actors I have ever seen. By far the best Lois & Clark out there.

2) Mulder & Scully - The X-Files

The chemistry between David and Gillian was out of this world, and following the two of them on the overall journey is really fantastic. Starting out as strangers forced to be partners who eventually become best friends and eventually lovers. I think what made the romance aspect great was the fact that you never expected them to go there. Both David and Gillian as well as show creator Chris Carter would always deny rumors of future romance.

3) Spike & Buffy - BTVS

The sexual chemistry between them and the unpredictability of the relationship was interesting and exciting to watch. One minute they were kicking the crap out of each other, and the next minute they were having passionate sex together. This was a relationship that you never expected to see happen because they started out as such strong enemies. However, as unlikely as it was, it made it that much sweeter when they took more of a romantic, lovey-dovey approach through out S7. Spike and Buffy was much more rewarding for me than Buffy and Angel. Buffy and Angel were boring and predictable.

4) JD & Elliot - Scrubs

I love them together because they are so perfect for each other and have such a hard time realizing it. I know that a lot of people don't like them by now, and I will admit that it is one of the more frustrating pairings on TV. However, Sarah and Zack truly have great chemistry and watching them work is great. If the show ends any other way than JD and Elliot getting together I will be really pissed.

5) Mick & Beth - Moonlight

Man talk about an epic romance between these two. It was great for the relationship to start out with Mick saving Beth as a young girl, and then developing feelings for her after spending years of watching out for her from a distance.The chemistry between Alex O Loughlin and Sophia Myles was fantastic and got better everyweek. I think what impressed me the most was the fact that they managed to do such a great job in the span of one season. It sucks that the show was canceled.

Wishful Thinking Pairings - Ships I wish would happen..

1) Olivia and Elliot - Law & Order : SVU

Everyone usually has one couple that they wish would happen, even though it probably never well. Olivia and Elliot from SVU is mine. This is the pairing I have wanted to see happen for so many years, and despite the fantastic chemistry between Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay it just never does. But myself and a lot of other fans of the show are definitely rooting for it. I hope it happens before the show ends. The good thing is that they are in S10 right now and it shows no signs of ending anytime soon. Luckily L&O shows go on forever..LOL

2) Chloe and Clark - Smallville

I was a die hard Chlarker for the first 6 1/2 seasons. I wanted them to get together so bad. I even subscribed to the Chlois theory for awhile hoping that Chloe would turn out to be Lois. However, I gave up on the Chlois theory and Chlark in general once things became a lot more serious with Jimmy. Plus, Lois gained noteriety at the DP, and Chloe moved out of reporting and into a marriage with Jimmy Olsen. Let's face it. Lois Lane wouldn't turn out to be Jimmy Olsen's ex-wife. Allison Mack and Tom Welling had, and still have such awesome chemistry. It pisses me off that the writers spent so many years throwing little teasers out here and there. Especially with what happened in Vessel. Yet, they never followed through on it.
    Last edited by vyperman7; 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM.

My Top 5:

1) Blair & Chuck, Gossip Girl.
    2) Lily & Rufus, Gossip Girl.
    3) Lois & Clark, Smallville.
    4) Chuck & Sarah, Chuck.
    5) Buffy & Spike, BtVS.

Comment

My Top 5 would have to be:

1. Buffy & Angel: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
      2. Richard & Lily: The 4400
      3. David & Keith: Six Feet Under
      4. Marshall & Lily: How I Met Your Mother
      5. Chloe & Jimmy: Smallville

Comment

1. Chloe/Clark: Smallville
        2. Jack/John: Torchwood
        3. Buffy/Angel: Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer
        4. Kim/Tommy: Power Rangers from the '90s (I'm old.)
        5. Mulder/Scully: X-Files

Comment

Cool to see that people are participating.

Hey everyone. Let's get some discussion going. How about writing why they are your favorite couples when you list them, instead of just writing them. It would especially help for shows that people aren't familiar with.

Also does anyone have any pairings they wish would happen, but haven't yet or ones that probably never will?

Originally posted by Vindellavon
          1. Chloe/Clark: Smallville
          2. Jack/John: Torchwood
          3. Buffy/Angel: Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer
          4. Kim/Tommy: Power Rangers from the '90s (I'm old.)
          5. Mulder/Scully: X-Files
          I was a die hard Chlarker for a long time. However, I still wouldn't call them a couple because they were never together. I would call them more of a wishful thinking pairing. There have been a few close calls and plenty of teasers, but they never actually got together. The same could be said for Clois at this time as well because even though they get together down the road, and we had a close call in Bride, they will probably never end up together on Smallville. Are there any other pairings people have listed that fall under wishful thinking?
          Last edited by vyperman7; 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            I was a die hard Chlarker for a long time. However, I still wouldn't call them a couple because they were never together. I would call them more of a wishful thinking pairing. There have been a few close calls and plenty of teasers, but they never actually got together.
            And that's the pity of it all. The relationship should've gotten a chance, a real chance where both could explore their feelings together and either improve it or ditch it. AlMiles never gave them a full chance, and I highly doubt PS3 will. And lawd, the anvils. Those damned, teasy, tipsy, provacative anvils.

As for couples....

1. Chloe/Clark: Smallville---They belong together. They never got a chance to fully charge their relationship and there's as much as sexual tention there as there is between Mulder and Scully.

2. Jack/John: Torchwood--- Don't know if there's any Doctor Who fans, because Torchwood's a spin-off. Two former time agents, formerly in love, possibly even had a child. (31st century hoopla, if there are time agents up there, then so is male pregnancy.) They rough house each other, insult each other, attempt to kill each other, and then leave each other. Right after kissing, and promising to be back in another hundred years or so.

3. Buffy/Angel: Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer--- Because they belong together dammit. What happened to Angel was blasphemy I tell ya!

4. Kim/Tommy: Power Rangers from the '90s (I'm old.)--- Because while in college, I figured out the meaning of real television whilt babysitting my cousins. And I found Power Rangers, which was pretty hot back inthe day. And these two were two peas in a pod.

5. Mulder/Scully: X-Files---- Must I explain the obvious. So much sexual tension luvs, the TV screen migh as well had blown up in my face.

Comment

I don't know about a top 5, but I always loved Desmond/Penny from Lost.

Comment

dont have any order but i like:

Desmond/penny from lost
                Stan and Wendy from south park
                Beavis and Butthead
                kate and sawyer from lost
                chloe and clark from smallville
                ren and stimpy
                chuck and sarah from chuck
                jon and kate from jon and kate plus 8
                kevin and whitney from the wonder years
                DJ and steve from full house
                laura and steve from family matters
                Jack and juilet from lost
                sawyer and kate from lost
                bensen and stabler law and order
                McGee and Abby NCIS

Comment

Oh my cheese doodles, Jeff likes Chloe/Clark!

Comment

lol well out of all the females i like chloe the best oh ya does lex and clarks hair count?

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                      lol well out of all the females i like chloe the best oh ya does lex and clarks hair count?
                      Of course! What ever you like Mr. Mod!

Comment

ok then

lex and clarks hair was so funny when lex admited his love for clarks hair. one of smallvilles funniests moments.

hmmmmmm trying to think of more couples ummmmmm...

bert and ernie
                        lizzy and gordo from lizzy mcguire
                        mike and kate from growing pains
                        gomez and morticia from the addams family
                        herman and lilly from the munsters
                        homer and marge from the simpsons.

Comment

Urkel and the lovely Laura Winslow (not Stefan Ur-KEL) -only because Carl always seemed to have major damage to his house when Steve came around

Col. Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers - They just couldn't make it work

Barney Fife and Thelma Lou - nuff said

Agent 86 and Agent 99 of Control - they missed it by that much

and last but not least...

Sam and Diane

Comment

Originally posted by badwolf
                            My Top 5 would have to be:

1. Buffy & Angel: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                            2. Richard & Lily: The 4400
                            3. David & Keith: Six Feet Under
                            4. Marshall & Lily: How I Met Your Mother
                            5. Chloe & Jimmy: Smallville
                            1. Buffy & Angel -> There is something so tragically poetic about the vampire with a soul falling in love with the one that is trained to kill his kind. Buffy and Angel, even though some might disagree in my mind is a true love story. Their love for eachother will stand the test of time, and even though they may not be with each other right now, I'm sure they will find each other via the comics or *crosses fingers* a TV movie.

2. Richard & Lily -> They were both abducted by future humans, both from different times. He was in love with her grandmother, and she is the spitting image of his only love. They fall in love, have a child and, ugh it's such a beautiful relationship that ended so soon.

3. David & Keith -> I don't really know how to explain why I adore them. I think there is something about two people who tried to make it work but they just couldn't, but a year later they found eachother again.

4. Marshall & Lily -> I want to have a realtionship just like them. They are too adorable for words. They finish eachother's sentences and they geek out over the most awesomest things.

5. Chloe & Jimmy -> They, just like Marshall & Lily, are so freaking adorable together that I just can't help but want them to stay together forever.

Comment

1) Clark and Lana - Smallville
                              2) Elliot and JD - Scrubs
                              3) Clark and Chloe - Smallville
                              4) Clark and Lois - Smallville

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎