Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love it? Hated it? What did you think of After School Special?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode. One of the better stand alone episodes they have done. I personally loved high school themed stories that involve bullies, the underdog winning, an outsider trying to find his way, etc.. This episode had all of that and gave us some really good backstory on both Dean and Sam. I loved the fight between Dirk the Jerk and Sammy. Totally awesome to see DTJ get his ass handed to him by someone half his size..LOL I also liked the fact that the ghost turned out to be Dirk. I had a feeling it was after the attack on Sam in the hall when the ghost said "You got tall Winchester". Still a good move though. The only thing that bummed me out about this episode was no Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It would have been great for him to reprise his role of John Winchester, even if it was only for a few seconds on screen.

On a side note - Can you believe how much the actor who played young Dean looked and sounded like Jensen Ackles? Jeez. It looked like he could have been JA's younger brother. Totally spot on choice.

Hopefully we can get back to the main story arc now. My one pet peeve about Supernatural has always been that they have a tendency to stray away from the main arc and fill up a good portion of the season with stand alone episodes. I want some development on Lucifer, Castiel, etc..
    Last edited by vyperman7; 01-30-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

It was a really great episode I must admit that. But the thing I didn't like was how sad it made me. Damnit, I just wished I could have helped those kids. 7/10 with this current mood.

Comment

This is only the third episode i have seen but i thought it was awesome. I give it a ten

Comment

Oh my god, this was the best episode sinse yellow fever, actually i think this is considerably better.

Full of morals and emotion, very clever story and narative.

A perfect 10/10.

Comment

OK, I gave this one a 10/10. This was awesome and showed how great Supernatural can really be!

But first let me digress:
            I am now completely, totally and utterly in lust with Jensen Ackles's legs! Forget "oh sweetheart I don't do shorts", I want him in them all the time now! I rewound his entrance in the gym about 5 times and found myself going back and staring at his legs a lot.

*coughs* OK, hormonal moment over!

Truman High--home of the Bombers (gotta love that name, how fitting for Dean!).

The flashback stuff was ok. I still don't care for the kid who played Sam (didn't like him in AVSC either), though I realize a lot of others did. But I actually liked him more than the guy who played teen!Dean. It was interesting but while I thought Dean's dialogue was spot on the way that guy acted it out? Didn't seem very "Dean-ish". I mean, I didn't get a sense of any of Jensen's mannerisms or anything. He was saying Dean type things but not acting like Dean, if you take my meaning. (and judging from how many people have praised him so far on here I'm guessing I'm the only one who felt that way? That's ok. I'm weird like that.)

Sam sticking up for Barry (that was heartbreaking, the Barry stuff) was nice. And the teacher who inspired him was interesting. Though, I'm surprised we're going back to "Sam wants a normal life" stuff, seeing as how even as recently as Wishful Thinking we saw that Sam was done pining for that. I mean, with the whole "are you happy?" thing at the end. No, Sam is obviously not happy but at least he's with his brother and has Dean. I was kinda mad at them for not having Sam say something like that.

And again with the emo!guilt of Sam Winchester when he found out about Dirk's past and all (I figured out fairly early on that they were going to have Dirk be the ghost and do the 'bullies are bullies because they are hurting too' storyline--very After School Special moral type thing) and that's very Season 1 as well.

OK, was anyone else surprised that Sam passed himself off as a janitor? I figured he would go for a substitute teacher thing. Or maybe a guidance counselor. But a janitor? Whatever happened to Stanford!Sam? Dean as a P.E. teacher though? Perfect!

One thing I really liked was that what Sam off was being called a freak (shades of "I'm a whole new level of Freak, Dean!") and Dean "I'm gonna rip their lungs out!" Dean was very much in 'big brother mode' this episode, in flashback and later as well. It was nice to see that again. Lately it seems like Sam has been taking care of Dean instead of the reverse.

One other thing I wanted to point out was the scene where Dirk and Sam confront each other and Sam has that great line "I'm not evil. I'm not." He sounds so scared as he says it, like he's trying to convince himself that it's true as well. It was a wonderful little moment in all that and I think Jared nailed it perfectly.

So a great episode with a lot of cool lines and no Ruby/Castiel/whatever. (it reminded me of Monster Movie in that way too. Which was an episode I absolutely loved!)

Comment

This episode was awesome! I loved how they went back to thier old high school to fight a ghost! Also i loved how the tables turned when Sam was popular and Dean was a loser.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎