This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovinredkclark
    after this atrocious ep i wouldnt be surprise if the cw cancelled
    Ok I know "everyone is entitled to their opinion" but that's just a stupid thing to say, I'm sorry.

To everyone who is freaking out about Lana/Lana related plot/Clana kisses/anything Lana related:

One or two episodes does not make or break a season!! Now regardless of the Lana impact, Bride was great and so was Legion. So no matter how bad her last three episodes are (Bulletproof, Power and Requiem) they are not going to make or break what has otherwise been a very above average season.

Stop being so over dramatic and just look forward to the following episodes after Lana's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve_290
      Ok I know "everyone is entitled to their opinion" but that's just a stupid thing to say, I'm sorry.

To everyone who is freaking out about Lana/Lana related plot/Clana kisses/anything Lana related:

One or two episodes does not make or break a season!! Now regardless of the Lana impact, Bride was great and so was Legion. So no matter how bad her last three episodes are (Bulletproof, Power and Requiem) they are not going to make or break what has otherwise been a very above average season.

Stop being so over dramatic and just look forward to the following episodes after Lana's departure.

This Lana/Clana storyline can take down this whole season.

Bad characters/storylines tend to harm shows and the three episodes where Lana/Clana is forced upon an audience that doesn't want her/it can and will hurt the ratings.

Have you noticed the ratings?

Comment

One or two episodes does not make or break a season!!
        Actually, IMO, last 2 episodes kinda ruined all good feelings i had from first half of the season and Clois interaction, Clark obviously is unable to move on from Lana and no matter how will Lana-arc end, Lois will be simply only "second choice" for Clark, there is no way, he could go in 3 episodes from Lana slave to [SPOILER]"Clark has fallen hard for Lois"[/SPOILER]

I recorded all episodes, had a great time when replaying them, but last two, i dont have really ANY interest in replaying them again.

Also, you believe, that when 2 or 3 episodes in the middle suck, casual viewer wont stop watching it?

my bet is 3.3-3.4M, tops.

Comment

The ratings might be surprising, it did guest star wonder woman..did it not.lol

Comment

JAMHEXXX don't you feel that there could have been a storyline so that Lana could have left in a respectful manner?I do.I know a lot of people don't like her but the problem isn't Lana or Kristin Kreuk.It's the way the writers have used her.For example,why on earth does she have to have super powers?Anyway,the ratings will drop mostly because as i have said in the past,they brought her back at the worst time.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              JAMHEXXX don't you feel that there could have been a storyline so that Lana could have left in a respectful manner?I do.I know a lot of people don't like her but the problem isn't Lana or Kristin Kreuk.It's the way the writers have used her.For example,why on earth does she have to have super powers?Anyway,the ratings will drop mostly because as i have said in the past,they brought her back at the worst time.
              I don't think that the problem is Lana either, the problem is Clana. TPTB have clearly made this relationship # 1 in Clark's life and now, there's really no point in doing any other relationship for Clark because it's not going to be played out as anything that is special. As far as the ratings for this episode go, the fact that there were a lot of repeats on during the 8 pm hour makes me think that we might see an increase from last week. But this episode is a tough one to call.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22

Of course I think they could have handled this Lana/Clana return better. They didn't and the ratings will show the affects of basically abandoning a storyline that I think was bringing in the ratings for the first Ten episodes.

The casual viewer that was drawn into Season 8 will not stay for this garbage. Unfortunately I will have to stay with the show.

On a personal note I feel like I was lied to and disrespected from PS3, that Clana kiss on the roof of the Daily Planet was like a slap in to face to this Superman fan.
                Last edited by JAMHEXXX; 01-30-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I get what you mean my friend.I stand corrected on one thing.Kristin did say recently that she had some sort of input on her story.If that's really the case then i am disappointed.You are right about the DP scene.What's your prediction on the ratings once Lana is gone?Will they ever reach 4,4 again?

Comment

The casual viewer won't have been subjected to the endless 7-year long Clana so they would have the same negative reaction that a fan who's been with the show since the beginning will have.

Thus casual fans won't care that much and long term fans will hopefully stick it out cos they know she's goes after one more episode.

Agreed, the DP Rooftop was an insulting location for a Clark/Lana kiss. Keep it on the farm.

Comment

I hope it BOMBS. 2.0 range.

Comment

Originally posted by DGirlLois4Clark
                        The ratings might be surprising, it did guest star wonder woman..did it not.lol
                        Yes, apparently it did star Wonder Woman....but what I want to know is:

where was the man who will be Superman??? He wasn't on there last night? Some pathetic dude in a red jacket showed up!!

Comment

The episode should get the rating it deserves. And it deserves one that is by far the lowest of the season. Anything less would be giving these writers the impression this GARBAGE is OK.
                          Last edited by Fallen One; 01-30-2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

The writers have access to these boards. They're certainly not going to need ratings to know how poorly this episode was received. They'll get the message. Let's just hope it survives the ratings otherwise even after Lana's gone SV is gonna struggle. Again.
                            Last edited by Reeve_290; 01-30-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

One or two episodes does not make or break a season!!
                              I beg to differ.

I have never, ever in my life wished for bad ratings for SV. But today, I do. And I hope for a fall through the floor next week. I can't even believe that the writers have made me feel this way.

Comment

That's was not an appropriate comment, I apologize.

However I stand by my question. In response to your reply, the writers have access to these boards. They're certainly not going to need ratings to know how poorly this episode was received. They'll get the message. Let's just hope it survives the ratings otherwise even after Lana's gone SV is gonna struggle. Again.
                                If you go into a restaurant, order what you think is a nice meal, start eating it and find out it is rotten and spoiled inside, you ever going to want to eat at that place again?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BadToad
                                I beg to differ.

I have never, ever in my life wished for bad ratings for SV. But today, I do. And I hope for a fall through the floor next week. I can't even believe that the writers have made me feel this way.
                                That's where I'm at right now as well.
                                Last edited by Dobson; 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎