Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 4.13/14 - There's No Place Like Home (2/3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep. 4.13/14 - There's No Place Like Home (2/3)

talk about the season 4 2 part finale here.

I'm acutally wondering what was everyone's opinon of the finale? At the time, I was a big supporter of season 4 and thought that it was the only season to rival season 1 (which, IMO, has been the best overall season of the series) and the only reason I think season 4 failed to be better then season 1 is because of the finale. So many things went wrong for me in this episode. Overall, I can see why they did things to set up season 5, but besides that horrible Charlie episode in season 2, I look at the finale as the worst episode of the series.

-The death of Michael: It would be one thing for me to accept the death of Michael after brining him back for a whopping 5 episodes (and they can't blame the strike, without the strike they would've only had 3 more episodes) and them for him to die. But it's a completly different thing for me to accept the way he went. He barley got a send off at all, he said "What?" and then he was dead. Also, if Michael is dead, how the hell are they going to explain Jin being alive? I really hope they work something out for Michael to appear again, because that character needs closure, not the crap ending he got.

-Desmond/Penny reunion: I'm a big Desmond fan and an even bigger Desmond/Penny fan (and I'm not usually a fan of ships) and I still think the phone conversation the two had at the end of The Constant is one of the most epic moments of the series. But the reunion, which I still think should've been put on hold until the end of the series, was horrible. It just didn't feel real and was also rushed. They had 3 hours to tell the finale and while some things took forever (like the 6 getting to the ship) moments like this, which should've been given more time, were given about 4 minutes.

-The Wheel: I'm still not a fan of the wheel. I like time travel, but the wheel just didn't look right. When Ben was turning it and the yellow beams started coming out, it looked like something from Lord of the rings. To me, that wheel still needs a lot of explaining for me to take it seriously.

-Aaron can survive a helicopter crash: To me, they've hyped up Aaron for 4 years and still haven't done much with him, yes I know he's a baby, but still. Aaron can survive a helicopter crash? That baby would be dead. What's even worse is Aaron gets away without a scratch and so does everyone else, but Desmond almost dies?

-The Lie: The entire season we were wondering why the 6 were lying. And it just felt anti-climatic that Jack took the advice of John Locke, a man he has almost no respect for.

-Dead Locke: While I'd still like to reserve judgment until they show me how they're brining Locke back to life, it just seems weird. I mean if they can revive Locke, why can't they revive Charlie? I guess they'll say because the island wants him alive or something, but I just don't like the idea of the visual of them dragging dead Locke onto the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
      I'm acutally wondering what was everyone's opinon of the finale? At the time, I was a big supporter of season 4 and thought that it was the only season to rival season 1 (which, IMO, has been the best overall season of the series) and the only reason I think season 4 failed to be better then season 1 is because of the finale. So many things went wrong for me in this episode. Overall, I can see why they did things to set up season 5, but besides that horrible Charlie episode in season 2, I look at the finale as the worst episode of the series.

-The death of Michael: It would be one thing for me to accept the death of Michael after brining him back for a whopping 5 episodes (and they can't blame the strike, without the strike they would've only had 3 more episodes) and them for him to die. But it's a completly different thing for me to accept the way he went. He barley got a send off at all, he said "What?" and then he was dead. Also, if Michael is dead, how the hell are they going to explain Jin being alive? I really hope they work something out for Michael to appear again, because that character needs closure, not the crap ending he got.

-Desmond/Penny reunion: I'm a big Desmond fan and an even bigger Desmond/Penny fan (and I'm not usually a fan of ships) and I still think the phone conversation the two had at the end of The Constant is one of the most epic moments of the series. But the reunion, which I still think should've been put on hold until the end of the series, was horrible. It just didn't feel real and was also rushed. They had 3 hours to tell the finale and while some things took forever (like the 6 getting to the ship) moments like this, which should've been given more time, were given about 4 minutes.

-The Wheel: I'm still not a fan of the wheel. I like time travel, but the wheel just didn't look right. When Ben was turning it and the yellow beams started coming out, it looked like something from Lord of the rings. To me, that wheel still needs a lot of explaining for me to take it seriously.

-Aaron can survive a helicopter crash: To me, they've hyped up Aaron for 4 years and still haven't done much with him, yes I know he's a baby, but still. Aaron can survive a helicopter crash? That baby would be dead. What's even worse is Aaron gets away without a scratch and so does everyone else, but Desmond almost dies?

-The Lie: The entire season we were wondering why the 6 were lying. And it just felt anti-climatic that Jack took the advice of John Locke, a man he has almost no respect for.

-Dead Locke: While I'd still like to reserve judgment until they show me how they're brining Locke back to life, it just seems weird. I mean if they can revive Locke, why can't they revive Charlie? I guess they'll say because the island wants him alive or something, but I just don't like the idea of the visual of them dragging dead Locke onto the beach.
      Yes I feel almost empty after this finale. It was no where near the epicness of the season 2 and 3 finales for me and this finale felt abit anti-climatic. Im with you when you say the finale kinda ruined season 4 for me. It felt way too simple. Season 4 is still probably my favorite season so far with season 2 close behind. I hope season 5 is one of the best!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎