No announcement yet.

Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
    The first time I watched Siren, I had no idea that Oliver and Dinah were supposed to end up together, but I got major vibes in that direction. There is one scene that I can't remember now because it's been a while (possibly that one) where I wondered what the story between the two of them was because the romantic vibes were flowing. I thought the writers were throwing some less than subtle hints at a Dinah/Oliver romance.
    agreed. I think it was when Oliver told Dinah the words..

"come on, there are some people that I want you the meet"

which afterwards, he went towards her and placed his arms around her, with them clearly the focus of the shot, an dinah jokingly saying that he has bad taste in women.

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
      agreed. I think it was when Oliver told Dinah the words..

"come on, there are some people that I want you the meet"

which afterwards, he went towards her and placed his arms around her, with them clearly the focus of the shot, an dinah jokingly saying that he has bad taste in women.
      In all honestly, my response to that was, "I really hope they don't hook those two up."

I wasn't even a Chlollie shipper when I saw that. Or a Lollie shipper. Or anything else that would interfere with Dinah/Oliver romance. Just not a fan. Maybe it was the hair. Kidding... but I still didn't like the hair.

Comment

In all honestly, my response to that was, "I really hope they don't hook those two up."

I wasn't even a Chlollie shipper when I saw that. Or a Lollie shipper. Or anything else that would interfere with Dinah/Oliver romance. Just not a fan. Maybe it was the hair. Kidding... but I still didn't like the hair.
        haha..yeah, I didn't like how they did her hair in either Siren or in Doomsday. Tbh, I liked her look best in Odyssey.

Man, I was somewhat sure that they were heading for a Dinah is going to return to help Oliver route after Doomsday had aired, based on the shots of her looking at Oliver crying at Jimmy's casket. Oh well, ce la vi.

If Chloe does tragically die, maybe Dinah will come and help him out then.

Comment

haha..yeah, I didn't like how they did her hair in either Siren or in Doomsday. Tbh, I liked her look best in Odyssey.

Man, I was somewhat sure that they were heading for a Dinah is going to return to help Oliver route after Doomsday had aired, based on the shots of her looking at Oliver crying at Jimmy's casket. Oh well, ce la vi.

If Chloe does tragically die, maybe Dinah will come and help him out then.
          I'm not sure I ever gave a second thought to her after any episode she has been in. Again, I don't hate her or love her, I nothing her.

If they bring her back as a love interest for Oliver, I hope they make it interesting and spice up the scenes between them a bit more. I don't know if she and Oliver have any chemistry or not, but whatever they have better shine through if she comes back.

Comment

I'm not sure I ever gave a second thought to her after any episode she has been in. Again, I don't hate her or love her, I nothing her.

If they bring her back as a love interest for Oliver, I hope they make it interesting and spice up the scenes between them a bit more. I don't know if she and Oliver have any chemistry or not, but whatever they have better shine through if she comes back.
            nothing wrong about the way you feel about Dinah's character. Like you so famously say at times, if a person has a certain opinion on a character or ship, if they want to express it, do it in a civilized manner that won't offend people in the same as much...ala..the land that you come from...the land where "shipper wars" don't exist.haha

yeah I agree, IF THEY EVER bring her back as a love interest, they're really going to have to spice their scenes up with emotions and other stuff.

Comment

nothing wrong about the way you feel about Dinah's character. Like you so famously say at times, if a person has a certain opinion on a character or ship, if they want to express it, do it in a civilized manner that won't offend people in the same as much...ala..the land that you come from...the land where "shipper wars" don't exist.haha

yeah I agree, IF THEY EVER bring her back as a love interest, they're really going to have to spice their scenes up with emotions and other stuff.
              Exactly. In case anyone doesn't know my shipping philosophy, it is totally live and let live. No offense to any of you massive Dinah/Oliver shippers out there from anything I may have said. Love you guys. At the moment though, this seems like a much more general discussion than a big shipper party like most of the other shipper threads, so I'm just sharing my opinion.

If Dinah/Oliver does happen on Smallville, I refuse to go to war over my preference for Chlollie. It just won't happen. I like to take part in a little friendly discussion when two people have different opinions, but shipper wars are pointless to me. Like you said, they don't even exist in my land.

I just think that the writers haven't developed Dinah nearly enough for me to find her interesting. If they gave her more of a story line, my opinion might very well change. I'm not set in stone about anything related to Dinah. Kind of a huge Chlollie shipper though, so I'm more than a little biased against the ship, but I still see no reason why other people can't be into it. I don't actually dislike them(or like them) together, but I'm just more strongly in favor of another ship. I need a reason to like or dislike a ship other than my preference for another ship.

At the moment, all I have about Dinah/Oliver is that I'm not for it because I find Dinah kind of boring. They could easily change that and even though I never see myself becoming a huge Dinah/Oliver shipper, if they do it right I won't bash it just because I like Chlollie better. If they really hit it out of the park with amazingness(which I don't think they have time for), I could even like it.

I'm done Oliver or Chloe shipping after Chlollie is over, so I'm not too particular about what comes next. I want what ever it is to be good. Well, really I just want Chlollie to be the end of it, but I know the odds of that happening. I'm being realistic in my expectations.

Comment

*Raises cup of wine*

Here! Here!

lol

yeah, I think that if they ever want to get more fans invested into Dinah and into this relationship, they need to give her more exposure.

Heck, I never thought i'd be a fan of the chlollie ship, and i must say that I've come to appreciate it for what it's worth after seeing AJ.

anyhow, I hope that when Dinah comes back, her connection with the JSA is touched upon. If they had built a actual Dinah and Oliver romance prior towards AJ, they could have also mirrored the similarities that their relationship has with Hawkman's and Hawkgirl in terms of the fact that both couples work in the same line of work.

Comment

GUess who is back??

Comment

Meeethos

Comment

Indeeeeeeeeed!!!

I hope they make her prettier this time. LOL

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

If only..
                      Last edited by Wicked Lois; 04-05-2010, 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
                        OK so I know their destined to be together but for me I haven't seen any chem between Alaina and Justin, plus she is coming off as really cold. She might be like that in the comics though I guess.

I also think they should leave this ship for a GA spin off - explore it fully

I agree.

Comment

*Raises cup of wine*

Here! Here!

lol

yeah, I think that if they ever want to get more fans invested into Dinah and into this relationship, they need to give her more exposure.

Heck, I never thought i'd be a fan of the chlollie ship, and i must say that I've come to appreciate it for what it's worth after seeing AJ.

anyhow, I hope that when Dinah comes back, her connection with the JSA is touched upon. If they had built a actual Dinah and Oliver romance prior towards AJ, they could have also mirrored the similarities that their relationship has with Hawkman's and Hawkgirl in terms of the fact that both couples work in the same line of work.
                          And if they are going really to the Justice League theme next year, which I think the will if you have been following the plot line, Dinah, Bart, AC coming back would be just awesome.

I'd love to see Canary and Green Arrow acting again. Oliver's comment about Dinah in Absolute Justice was a nice touch from Geoff! A for the win comment!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lori
                          OK so I know their destined to be together but for me I haven't seen any chem between Alaina and Justin, plus she is coming off as really cold. She might be like that in the comics though I guess.

I also think they should leave this ship for a GA spin off - explore it fully

I dont really get this chemestry thing. People claim there is not chemistry between Lois and Clark, Oliver and Dinah, Oliver and Lois, Clark and Lana. So who has chemistry in this show?

I should talk to the casting director of Smallville then...
                          Last edited by Wicked Lois; 04-05-2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

too bad we can't add a poll to this thread, asking "Do you think Dollie will happen on this show before it ends?".lol....it'd be the whole.."Will Clois happen during the duration of the series" poll question all over again..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Lois
                              Indeeeeeeeeed!!!

I hope they make her prettier this time. LOL

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

If only..
                              I hope she has another hair style. I think Alaina is pretty but I don't like her hair. Good to have her back though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Lois
                                I dont really get this chemestry thing. People claim there is not chemistry between Lois and Clark, Oliver and Dinah, Oliver and Lois, Clark and Lana. So who has chemistry in this show?

I should talk to the casting director of Smallville then...
                                Chemistry is largely subjective and highly influenced by person opinions of the characters. Very few people actually have good enough chemistry to let it shine through even if you don't like the character(s) or the writing is terrible. That's a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎