X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

post removed
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-25-2009, 06:18 AM. Reason: Please don't say bad things about other fans, even if they're not at this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
      I'm a huge Allison Mack fan and I adore Chloe but I can criticize Chloe and her actions when I don't agree with them. I think Kristin Kreuk is a sweetheart but I dislike Lana. Disliking the character but liking the actor that portrays that character are two different things. I'm not saying people don't mix them up but to say that it's always that way is false.
      Thats exactly what i mean.
      I adore Lois and Erica, but i can criticise Lois if i don't like something her character has done.

Comment

I agree, bash is one thing, criticise is another, one thing bring the character down and the another help the character to grow .... and get better

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
          I agree, bash is one thing, criticise is another, one thing bring the character down and the another help the character to grow .... and get better
          Exactly. Debate is one thing. Bashing is another.

Thats exactly what i mean.
          I got that from your post

Comment

Hey guys does every show on TV create so many groups of passionate shipers?

Comment

I think the warning should include being against making veiled comments about shippers or fans of a certain character, because I've seen a lot of that and I think we are ALL adults enough to know when we are being snide.

Now this is just an example, but saying things like "Unlike some fans we actually like to have our character not be lightswitched and unlike some fans we won't except poor writing." or "Well, we like to see a couple that is good looking, since fans of *insert name here* are usually good looking themselves, unlike other kinds of shippers." I have seen far too many of these kinds of comments, and I usually try to report them to the mods, but the mods can't censure every single post or watch the forums like a hawk.

I think everyone needs to realise that while we all get passionate about the things we are interested in, and that includes Smallville, that it isn't necessary to take jabs at the people we disagree with. Either outright or veiled. You are talking about a fictional show and fictional characters, but the people you are talking about it with are NOT fictional. They have opinions and thoughts, and feelings all of their own.

Now I'm not Miss Polly Perfection, I know I've slipped up and said some things that aren't so nice when I get irritated. But I am certainly going to do my part and promise to try a little harder to be nicer, or hey, like the old adage goes "If you aren't going to say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Well if you feel the urge to cuss someone out, or insult them or anything unacceptable like that, then just refrain from commenting at all until you've cooled down. That usually works for me.
              Last edited by LovelyLoisLane; 01-25-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Craig.

I came to this forum to get away from that kind of nastiness. I can deal with people being passionate, or snarky, or criticizing, or poking fun. But then there is outright bashing, which is over the line. Hatred and ugliness is just pointless, it gets boring real fast, it's not discussion. After a while it just makes the people who have something positive to say feel unwelcome and hounded.

I suppose there can be sort of a fine line between poking fun and bashing. That's where common sense comes into play.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                  I think the warning should include being against making veiled comments about shippers or fans of a certain character, because I've seen a lot of that and I think we are ALL adults enough to know when we are being snide.
                  Veiled comments are, to me, just like baiting which would fall under the site rules. If it's ever encountered, report the posts and we'll take care of it.

I apologize to everyone who finds things to be uncomfortable here. NO ONE should feel chastised because they happen to like particular characters.

Unless you're Sheriff Nancy's biggest fan, and that's just sad. KIDDING! (I love Camille Mitchell) Seriously, let's all have some fun without kicking others down in the process. Even if it means thinking before you post - "would I like it if someone said this about my favorite character?" I'd definitely appreciate it.

Comment

Having the site owner make a comment means a lot!

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOMophilus
                      Thanks for the reminder! The place has indeed become quite aggressive lately.

But if you try to cut down on bashing, may I suggest including the BDA? I don´t see a difference between calling Clark a BDA and calling Lana Lana-Fu or Chloe Chloogle. Worse, in Clark´s case the bashing is sanctioned by Kryptonsite itself, for in the character forum it says: "Clark Kent. The Big Dumb Alien and future Superman. Talk about the character of Clark Kent here!" It would set a good example to remove this. Bashing protection should not just apply to the girls but to every character. Thanks!
                      I totally agree with this and I think the same logic should apply to BDA, Nois and Lana Fu Fang.

Comment

I know it ruffles feathers and the other mods probably are more for banning BDA too but I never saw what was so offensive about that one... especially when the "Spell" commentary had the actors saying how Tom would walk around the set going "Clark is so dumb!" BDA seems like something that points out how charming he is, just my opinion of course, whereas the other names usually involve bashing.

'Cause Clark is big... he has done some dumb things... and he is an alien... I don't know how it is a bash.

Oddly, that description for the Clark Kent character section has been up since the Character section was first launched... in 2003 or 2004, I think, and it's only been the past year that anyone's complained.

Clearly I don't want Tom/Clark fans to feel aggravated here, and they've got my PM address if they feel strongly about it... I just assure you that at least from my end, I think Big Dumb Alien is rather endearing, but, your mileage may vary. Ultimately, I want everyone to be happy here... though I know it's an often difficult task. Hopefully I was able to at least explain the BDA character description thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                          Veiled comments are, to me, just like baiting which would fall under the site rules. If it's ever encountered, report the posts and we'll take care of it.

Unless you're Sheriff Nancy's biggest fan, and that's just sad. KIDDING!
                          I know, and I usually do, but I hate doing it all the time or feel like I'm a tattle tale.

Heh, well every character has their fans.

Comment

I'll risk presenting my point of view about this one last time. For me, big dumb alien means exactly what it says: that Clark is big, dumb and an alien. There's a world of diffference between being dumb and doing dumb things from time to time. Everybody is doing dumb things from time to time. And I certainly couldn't complain in 2004 since I'm here since 2007. If there are more Clark fans in here than before, I thought it was a good thing for this site and that an effort could be made. I really fail to see why Chloogle is so much more of an insult than big dumb alien.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                              Heh, well every character has their fans.
                              CLARK FOREVER
                              Craig, I have to say I am not here since a long time but I am always shocked when I read "BDA" for Clark though I feel a kind of fondness in it. Thanks for your explanation

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite

I apologize to everyone who finds things to be uncomfortable here. NO ONE should feel chastised because they happen to like particular characters.

Unless you're Sheriff Nancy's biggest fan, and that's just sad. KIDDING! (I love Camille Mitchell) Seriously, let's all have some fun without kicking others down in the process. Even if it means thinking before you post - "would I like it if someone said this about my favorite character?" I'd definitely appreciate it.
                                Thank you, Craig.

I definitely agree with this and with the original post. And, personally, I'd really appreciate if people would stop making fun not only of Lana in this case, but also of the "other" ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎