#5.1 "Because You Left"/#5.2 "The Lie" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could be but it seem they want everyone back who was on the plane . or ya could be just the ones who left like whoever was on or near the island during the time jump. guess we will see.

Comment

• I think it's just people who left on the helicopter. Other wise, Ben would need to find the bodies of Boone, Shannon, Eko, Michael, Charlie, etc. I also think this is because I have seen no news of intention to bring Walt back full time. I remember the actor, Malcom David Kelly, having problems being so far from home and his real connection with the show was Harold Perrieanu, AKA Michael. Those two were very close and now with him gone, he may not be so thrilled about returning.

[SPOILER] However, he is going to guest star in episode 6 where he is visited by Jeremy Benthem [/SPOILER]

Comment

• Yay a section for Lost! I must say this is probably my favorite show on tv right now. The 1st 2 episodes of the season were great. I see most people gave it a 10. I gave it a 9 cause there is always room for improvement, and even though the episodes were good, Lost can be even better. I wish Smallville could be this good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabularasa
          I think it's just people who left on the helicopter. Other wise, Ben would need to find the bodies of Boone, Shannon, Eko, Michael, Charlie, etc. I also think this is because I have seen no news of intention to bring Walt back full time. I remember the actor, Malcom David Kelly, having problems being so far from home and his real connection with the show was Harold Perrieanu, AKA Michael. Those two were very close and now with him gone, he may not be so thrilled about returning.

[SPOILER] However, he is going to guest star in episode 6 where he is visited by Jeremy Benthem [/SPOILER]
          the bodies are on the island. or in the area that time traveled.

Comment

• Charlie's body is floating either in the looking glass (which is a good distance away from the island, most likley further then where Daniel was) or out in the ocean. Also, Michael has blown up into pieces, scatterd all over. I also think if they needed everyone from the plane, Ben would've never let Michael and Walt go. (Even if Ben didn't forsee the freighter coming, if he knew something like this could've happened, he wouldn't have kept the deal, even if he knew the island would make Michael come on the freighter) I think story wise, it's just easier to get the people who left the island when Ben turned the wheel.

Comment

• true. but the looking glass was part of the island so to speak so that probably would of traveled too but ya charlie you have no clue where he could of floated off to. i was thinking maybe the people who died were never ment to be on the island to begin with or they served there purpose and the island didnt need them anymore. like Tom told micheal that he couldnt kill himself cause the island wouldnt let him. and when ben gave michael the fake bomb it wasnt time yet. so perhaps michael served his purpose and the island doesnt need him. i think the smoke monster is part of killing people not wanted by the island. back in season 2 ben seleceted certian people who were to be saved. those people were probably never ment to die and were picked by the island. like the pilot was killed by the smoke monster cause it seems he wasnt ment to be there since lepidis was the one who was ment to be the pilot. maybe thats why he was chosen by witmore cause perhaps the chosen ones were actually a way for the island to bring these people back. like charlotte seemed to have come from the island, faraday if my speculation about the old lady is right is that she may be his mother and one of the original others and miles if im right he may be the son of the video dude. he may of been that baby in the opening scene.

Comment

• Yah that does seem possible. Also remember, we can't trust Ben's list. He alteed the list to help himself. In season 3 Pickett says that Jack wasn't even on Jacob's list but Ben added him so Jack cold operate on him. And he really stalled on Locke. If ben was following Jacob's orders, he should've taken Locke along with Jack/Kate/Sawyer. In fact I doubt Kate and Sawyer were on the list, he just brought them as barganing chips. He didn't take Locke because he was afraid that he was losing control (getting a tumor on the island was another sign that his time was almost up) and he was so afraid that Locke would take over that when Locke heard Jacob, Ben shot him. I think Ben finally let go when Alex was killed and he realized he couldn't stay any longer. I think if Alex hadn't died Ben would still be trying to stall Locke's leadership role. But when she died his attention shifted from Jacob to Whitmore.

But really we don't know. We'll just have to wait on some more hints and information about why they have to go back.
                Last edited by Tabularasa; 01-23-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• ya thats true. but jacks father seems to be a head spirit now or something cause weve seen him around a lot and in jacobs cabin. also perhaps these people not on the list are only alive cause they havent filled there purpose on the island. i just cant wait to find out what happens next and how the series ends. dont want the series to end but atleast we will have closure and the series wont be cancelled so thats good.

Comment

• Well, ABC could still cancel Lost. The contract agrement was that it would end after season 6, but if the ratings take a big dive, ABC could cancel it, but I really don't see that happening. Lost really only has to stay at number 1 on Wed. and I think there's no real competition.

It's funny that you mention about fullfilling dutites and such. There was a theory (not sure how many people still beleive it) but that Charlie should've died on the plane and when he was hanged by Ethan (not including all the other times Desmond saved him) but the island wouldn't let him until he put in the code at the lookiing glass.

Comment

The old lady is "Ms. Hawking" the lady who taught Desmond when he first went back in time that he couldn't save Charlie. She also has some kind of connection with the monk Desmond was staying with.
                      She was also in the episode about Jack's tatoo

Comment

Well, ABC could still cancel Lost. The contract agrement was that it would end after season 6, but if the ratings take a big dive, ABC could cancel it, but I really don't see that happening. Lost really only has to stay at number 1 on Wed. and I think there's no real competition.

It's funny that you mention about fullfilling dutites and such. There was a theory (not sure how many people still beleive it) but that Charlie should've died on the plane and when he was hanged by Ethan (not including all the other times Desmond saved him) but the island wouldn't let him until he put in the code at the lookiing glass.
                        oh ya i guess your right but i dont think ABC would risk cancelling it this close to the end unless they feel like making a 3 hour movie or something. i remember when the series started they talked about ending it with a movie but changed their minds or something. plus im sure the fans would crash the ABC website with all the messages about wnting it back lol.

ya that sounds likely you would think charlie would of died lots of times. plus being a junkie would of made him more likely to die from blood loss and stuff since it weakens his immune system. seems the island needed charlie to enter the numbers and tell the people the frieghter was no good and if they listened the island would of been safe.

Comment

• they are reairing all 3 hours tonight.

Comment

• and somehow a show that everyone thought would drag on, continues to prove to me that it won't go down in quality just because people expected it too

Comment

• 8/10 It was a solid enough episode. Nice prize to get a shirtless Sawyer. I'm all for the going back to the island. Them living in the Matrix sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎