Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who perfers Superman to be the sole survivor of Krypton.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having two Kryptonians from our universe, one from Earth two, and one Superman/Lex Luthor clone. Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, and Superboy. I won't be happy until it gets back to that, if it ever does.

Comment

I think more Kryptonians when handled correctly can make him even more unique in a sense. Kara, Zod and his 2 disciples (Non and Ursa) being the only other survivors and is pretty much okay with me. Power girl I think would work better as a say, a girl whose DNA was fused with Kryptonian DNA however involving the Multiverse, Crisis on Infinite Earths and other cosmic stuff would needlessly convult her character which is not good for long term health for her character. As for Superboy, I like him fine the way he is; a clone.

Comment

For me, Krypton should have three, maybe four survivors: Kal-El (obviously), Kara (who could go live in the 30th century; she'd be just fine there), Zod (I don't care what anyone says; Terrance Stamp immortalized him, and he's a pretty great anti-Superman), and perhaps Faora (...if she's done right). Seeing as how Zod and Faora were banished, they could technically not be Kryptonian (like if someone's banished from America, they're not American anymore), so the Last Son title could still apply to Supes (Kara notwithstanding, but come on).

Comment

Young Superman, you're not the only one, and in many comic story lines, Kal-El IS the only survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaterpen357
            For me, Krypton should have three, maybe four survivors: Kal-El (obviously), Kara (who could go live in the 30th century; she'd be just fine there), Zod (I don't care what anyone says; Terrance Stamp immortalized him, and he's a pretty great anti-Superman), and perhaps Faora (...if she's done right). Seeing as how Zod and Faora were banished, they could technically not be Kryptonian (like if someone's banished from America, they're not American anymore), so the Last Son title could still apply to Supes (Kara notwithstanding, but come on).
            They'd still be Kryptonian, whether in the Phantom Zone or not. Krypton didn't have countires like Earth does. They were a united people, for the most part. There may have been ruling factions, but everyone was under 1 government. It's like saying if I have my citizenship revoked, I'm no longer human.

Comment

while i think Kal-El as the only survivor is a romantic idea it just never has made much sense...am i to believe that a far superior race of beings with intergalactic travel abilities didn't have anyone "off planet" when the darn thing was destroyed? No one on vacation? or a buisness trip? or maybe they just decide to live on another planet...whatever...point is it's more likely than not that someone.......somewhere........survived...

having said that, i have no intrest in reading what's going on in Action now with tons of Super Aliens running around...i thought i would, but alas i am not...Geoff is finished and so am i...but as i said, other Kryptonian survivors, in and of itself, bothers me not..

Comment

I have a problem with it, solely because post crisis there was an explanation for why there were no other kryptonians, and why they became an isolationist race.

Comment

I'm okay with a few others like Supergirl and Zod, but the whole point is that there are few to none left.

I think Clark in an episode of Smallville said it best:
                  "I thought I was the last son of krypton, but you guys keep showing up"
                  if someone already quoted that, sorry, i didn't read all the posts

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                    while i think Kal-El as the only survivor is a romantic idea it just never has made much sense...am i to believe that a far superior race of beings with intergalactic travel abilities didn't have anyone "off planet" when the darn thing was destroyed? No one on vacation? or a buisness trip? or maybe they just decide to live on another planet...whatever...point is it's more likely than not that someone.......somewhere........survived...
                    ITA!

Comment

ok, i like having more kryptonians survive. Kal isnt THE last son of krypton as in survivor, he was the last male born before the planet exploded.

Comment

your not the only 1

Comment

Originally posted by Var-Zol
                          ok, i like having more kryptonians survive. Kal isnt THE last son of krypton as in survivor, he was the last male born before the planet exploded.
                          Except, after 1986's Man of Steel, he was also the Last survivor.

Pre Crisis Superman's feelings of isolation, and lonliness, didn't make any sense, because there were tens of thousands of others EXACTLY like him, that lived in his fortress, in the Bottle City of Kandor. He frequently went there to mingle with them.

Post Crisis, he doesn't feel alone. In thought, and deed, he's human. He doesn't think like a Kryptonian, stranded somewhere he's not supposed to be.

With the new way things are, they are trying to give us a mix, but more like Superman doesn't really fit anywhere, either Earth or Krypton, and having thousands of people with the exact same powers, but not the morals, or worries to use them like he does, can be a good story,but I see it more going the other way, and just being used badly.

Comment

@ original poster, I also prefer Superman to be Krypton's sole survivor.

Comment

I think more kryptonians make Superman paradoxically more unique. Now think about it, for Superman to be truly the Last Son of Krypton that makes him special BUT not because of his character or the deeds he does, it's just his biology.

When you have characters like Zod you can easily see why Superman is such a great person. What makes Superman so great is that he doesn't allow absolute power to corrupt him absolutely and this something that's unique to him, not inherent in the kryptonian superhuman alien species.

Even when compared to Kara we see that Clark is exemplary. Ironically this can make Superman a bit boring whereas Kara's written more like a real person with problems and doubts of her own - trying to figure out her identity not just as an alien but as a person and someone who wears the S-symbol. Then we have someone like Power Girl whose feelings of home sickness are in a league of their own. She's a lot more comfortable in her own skin than Kara but more bold and brass than Clark.

So in short, there should be more survivors from Krypton. The important thing to remember is that Clark should always be brought up on Earth and Earth should be his real home.

Comment

I've always preferred Clark to be the sole survivor. Always is more interesting to me that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎