Lost DVD News and Discussion.........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It needs to be January NOW so I can have Lost back and it needs to be December so I can have Season 5 on DVD. I need something Lost related besides covering my roommate's food in DHARMA labels and waiting impatiently for her to notice!

(Also, once it is January, I will be in Ireland for four months. Does anyone know if/when Smallville airs there?)

Comment

haha you put darhma labels on stuff thats funny haha. i cant wait for the dvd either i still have all the episodes on tivo which i think i should clear out cause its taking up space haha.

Comment

just a reminder the dvd comes out this tuesday

Comment

best buy seems to have an exclusive dvd cover and comes with a luggage tag and bonus disc.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

comes out today yay

Comment

got my dvd today. waiting for xmas to open but i did check and make sure the discs were good and all that. the best buy exclusive has both slip covers. it has the best buy version on top with a pocket in the back that had the bonus disc and the luggage tag. the luggage tags looks p5retty nice and the bonus disc seems to have a lot of features on it and why i dont know it was included on the set i have no idea cause it has maybe 6 features on it or something. the in side is the same as the cover art on websites and stuff but its not plastic its just carboard and it slides out from the side not the bottom like previous seasons and there is no see thru window on it. the inside is set up just like the other seasons with the fold out with the discs the same color and effect as the cover art. the episode list and bonus list is on the inner flap and i donthere is a booklet cause if there was i didnt get it. where the bookelt would be there is just advertisments.

Comment

I had traded in a bulk of my DVD's that I don't watch a few weeks ago to FYE and got a gift card for over a hundred dollars so I got mine for free. There's two versions for DVD and Blu-Ray. The standard ones and then there's the ultra expensive Dharma Initative Box. It's a big cardbord box that looks really worn. So I decided to use most of my gift card for that, the DVD version of the Dharma box was like 85 bucks. The box comes with a binded folder that has a Dharma Orientation VHS, yup, a VHS which I popped in and doesn't have anything amazing, just a standard orientation. It also has pamphlets about living on the island and working for Dharma, the 5 DVD's, a CD single from the band Geromnio Jackson with the song "Dharma Girl" and a envelope (With LaFleur's signature on it) inside is the treaty between Dharma and the others that maps out the rules of the truce (something season 5 didn't really get to go into) and has some pretty interesting information on it.

The bonus features this time are great as always. One feature follows Nestor Carbonell AKA Richard Alpert on the last day of filming for the finale and finally answers the question if he wears eye liner. Another feature has Michael Emerson going through the writer's office of the show and sitting down with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse in the writer's room talking about how they map out an episode of the show and you get to meet other writers and editors of the show. Another feature goes through how the writers and cast keep track of all the time travel going on this season. And there's the bloopers, deleted scenes, and interviews on location.

Overall, great set!

Comment

i watched the set over the last couple of days. pretty good. just wondering is there a way to make it so the menu screens dont get bombed when going thru the bonus features? i go to select something and boom the thing goes white lol. pretty cool feature but not sure i want it doing that all the time lol.

i liked that mysteries of the unknown thing they had. at first i thought it was something real since they made it old like and i was going to be like eh ill watch it later not knowing that it actually had to do something with the show until 5 minutes in they finally mention darhma lol. was pretty intresting and gives info on hanso and all that although i hope the last season we get some info as to why hanso started this and why he had that guy run it and what not. i did enjoy the thing where it seemed like eloise was working with darhma when she got off the island. perhaps her and widmore were working with darhma just to figure out a way back or something or to pass info a long to the others about what dharma was doing.

i found 1 easter egg. on the last disc on the main screen i forget which link and ifit was left or right so just try it on all of them but it makes a dot appear in the upper right corner in the O of seasOn and click it and you see a little interview with ana lucia and hurley. if its with the menu screen after it has been blown up and is white do the same thing to get the easter egg but this time the dot lights up in the O of lOst ( i think) in the link second to the bottom. think its like a day on the set of lost or something like that.

Comment

DVD was on sale early this month so I got s1.

Comment

i saw the dvd should be out in august for the final season. its up for presale on best buy atleast.

Comment

it comes out august 24th

Comment

any art cover yet?

Comment

nope. but its up for pre order. if i had to guess perhaps it will be like season ones cover just a bit tweeked.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

some detials

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced DVD ($79.99) and Blu-ray ($94.99) releases of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season for the 24th August. Extras will include audio commentaries, original scripted content that goes deeper into some of the stories, deleted scenes, bloopers, featurettes ("Lost: On Location", "Crafting a Final Season"), and more. Also available from the 24th August will be Lost: The Complete Collection which will retail at $234.99 and $319.99 on DVD and Blu-ray respectively. This will include every episode of the series, along with a full disc of bonus features exclusive to the complete collection. Stay tuned for further details.
                              Last edited by superhippie2000; 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

$95! Holy Wow!

I bought seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray right after they came out without waiting for sales or anything and they were retailing in the $40s range - I think I did the 10 dollars off deal for buying both and paid about around $40 a piece. Those have an MSRP of $70. I wonder why this one is so much more.

I'm holding off on buying the complete collection until it comes down in price a bit and not buying any of the other seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎