Lost DVD News and Discussion.........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya i cant remember anything that happened in the first half lol. i remember them going to the tower and finding niaomi and all that but dont remember how they got to that point haha. the biggest thing is charlies death in the finale tho thats one thing that stand out from season 3. eh watching them agian will feel like new lol.

Comment

well finished my season 2 dvds. not sure if it was a mistake or wht but some menu screens on some discs are for episodes on other discs. like the episode menu screen for disc 6 has a scene from Dave but that episode was on disc 5. and disc 5 menu screens had the medical center but the medical center stuff was on disc 4. i really like the sets the with the menu screens and everything and a lot of the episodes are 45 minutes when normal shows tend to run at 40. so i like how lost is longer and also the finales instead of making it into 2 parts they have the whole 2 parts play together. wish they had a feature like supernatural dvds have where you can disable the recap stuff since recaps are pointless with dvds lol.

Comment

i saw a picture of the special edition darhma set for season 5 and it seems cool just the discs are in cardboard holders and not regular ones. the holders look like floppy discs and it comes with a VHS tape. id stick with the regular set.

Comment

Your making me want to a Lost marathon now!

Comment

lol. its fun watching them back to back and stuff. i find it funny how flat the season 3 premiere was lol.

Comment

The thing with this show is i learn something new everytime i rewatch it.Its crazy!

Comment

Yeah, I'd stick with the regular set for season 5 since the Dharma edition really doesn't feature anything big except for pamphlets and a VHS tape (But most of us don't even have a VHS player anymore) and it'll cost over a hundred dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by nic25
                  The thing with this show is i learn something new everytime i rewatch it.Its crazy!
                  ya and especially when we know whats in the future it makes more sense. like i watched the episode when eko died and the whole forgiveness thing makes much more sense since what we learned about ben asking smokey for forgiveness. its like oh that why his brother/smokey kept saying ask for forgiveness. if he just said yes please forgive me smokey would have let him live. sometimes i wonder why smokey kills some people right away and others he just surrounds and waits till they have a look of forgiveness in their eyes. guess some people just need a second chance or need to pick their own path also knowing who the others are and darhma and watching things before hand you can tell what things are leading up too.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                  Yeah, I'd stick with the regular set for season 5 since the Dharma edition really doesn't feature anything big except for pamphlets and a VHS tape (But most of us don't even have a VHS player anymore) and it'll cost over a hundred dollars.
                  i still have a vhs player lol. but ya i agree its not worth it plus useing cardboard sleeves is cheap and messes up dvds and stuff. youd think they include a t shirt or something atleast. although i do wonder what would be on the video tape. chances are it something that will be an easter egg on the dvd anyway lol. and doesnt look to be a long tape based on the image so it will probably only be 15 minutes or something.
                  Last edited by superhippie2000; 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i finished my season 3 set today. really enjoyed it and the features. its weird how you go thru 24 episodes and it feels like it was only 6 or 7. it goes so fast and doesnt feel like a lot. other tv shows dont connect as well and feel a lot longer when watching. looking back on the premieres and finales i think season 3 probably had the worst premiere and finale of the series. although the season 3 finale with charlie dying was a huge thing. think rewatching the premiere and finale didnt feel the same as it did when it first aired on tv. i guess cause the flashforward ending was more expected this time around. cant wait to see what season 4 dvds are like.

Comment

Season 3 had the worst premire because of the way they structured the first part of season 3 (The first 6 episodes aired in October-November and the remaining 16 aired from March-May) so they structured the first 6 to be about Jack/Kate/Sawyer with the others and it wasn't interesting enough. The premire is also a let down since JJ came back to direct that episode.

But I think it has one of the best finales. In fact, I think all the seasons had great finales except season 4. That finale for me was the low point of the show. Michael's death was handled very badly and I still feel like moving the island was one of the biggest mistakes story wise. Not to mention that finale features one of the biggest story continuity errors in the series (Walt tells Hurley that Jeremy Benthem came to see him, but when we finally see that encounter in the season 5 episode, Locke doesn't mention to him or anyone else that his name is Jeremy Benthem)

Comment

Maybe Walt saw the newspaper ad of Locke's death?

The s4 finale had one of my favorite scenes with Sun seeing the freighter explode.
                        Yunjin nailed that brilliantly...against a greenscreen no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                          Season 3 had the worst premire because of the way they structured the first part of season 3 (The first 6 episodes aired in October-November and the remaining 16 aired from March-May) so they structured the first 6 to be about Jack/Kate/Sawyer with the others and it wasn't interesting enough. The premire is also a let down since JJ came back to direct that episode.

But I think it has one of the best finales. In fact, I think all the seasons had great finales except season 4. That finale for me was the low point of the show. Michael's death was handled very badly and I still feel like moving the island was one of the biggest mistakes story wise. Not to mention that finale features one of the biggest story continuity errors in the series (Walt tells Hurley that Jeremy Benthem came to see him, but when we finally see that encounter in the season 5 episode, Locke doesn't mention to him or anyone else that his name is Jeremy Benthem)
                          the opening to the season 3 premiere was cool when we saw the others see the plane crash but ya with no hurly and locke and just everyone in cages was kind of bleh. i just think the finale of them making the phone call and that was it was kind of bleh. nothing blowing up no big shifts or anything like that. agian i think knowing the outcome kind of made it like ok lets get something big but when we first saw it i was probably more on the edge of my seat.

i liked the end of season 4 with the island moving and stuff it was kind of like omg what happened where did everyone go yadda yadda. plus they had to do some sort of time travel thing to explain the flashes and connections and all that that desmond was having. i liked the flashback stuff but one or 2 episodes of flashing to points in time that didnt matter they didnt really need. im glad we got danielles back story and how we learned about the dharma people. maybe some of those other flashes would be explained later. and the flash to the statue it could have been more then a back view of it.

didnt locke tell sayid his name was jermey bentham? think he said i will be staying her under the name of jermey bentham. but ya dont think he told anyone else. unless it will be explained later and perhaps walt had some sort of dream about him being bentham. maybe we will get a walt flashback and explain how he knew and how he knew hurly was in the mental hospital and what not.

----- Added 45 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by wingster55
                          Maybe Walt saw the newspaper ad of Locke's death?

The s4 finale had one of my favorite scenes with Sun seeing the freighter explode.
                          Yunjin nailed that brilliantly...against a greenscreen no less.
                          ya but the news paper didnt say locke so he would have had to know the name from somewhere unless they put his picture in it.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

no matter what the series is great and even the "bad" episode are really good. and i like how the series is one long story arc.
                          Last edited by superhippie2000; 07-09-2009, 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The main problem is that Jack reacts to Jeremy Benthem being dead and Locke never told him that was his name. It's possible that when he went to the hospital, they found ID and signed him in as Jeremy, but I doubt that Jack would remember that, nor would Kate know who Jeremy is when Jack shows her the obituary.

As for Walt seeing Hurley, Hurley was well known for being a part of the Oceanic 6. The media was all over them, so I'm sure there were news reports that one of them went into a mental hospital.

Comment

oh ya thats true they would have shown hurley on the news. and plus he was in the car chase so maybe walt saw that and went to his house looking for him and his parents told him he was at the hospital. lots of things it could of been.

maybe locke told everyone just they didnt bother showing it cause how many times do we need to hear him repeat im jermery rech me here. maybe just more of time saving. maybe the season 5 dvd will have deleted scenes with them finding out.

Comment

i started season 3 and i liked that 8:15 lost recap thing lol. would have been funnier if they got the micro machine guy to do it plus its was more like 8:10 but whos counting lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎