Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liesl's fanart thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! I wonder what I'll throw in... my clothes? LOL, kidding! Awesome avi's!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieslchen
      Yeah, Belgium is pretty cool :P Too bad it's a small rainy country though When you're travelling Europe in the future, do make sure to see something in Belgium. It's worth the while
      I've never been to Asia myself, but I'd love to see some of it as well someday. I met a Chinese girl when I lived in South Africa and she now lives in Vancouver, would be lovely to have her as a guide in China Asian culture really is inspiring and interesting, that's why I want to learn and see much more! It must be beautiful. But yeah, travel is expensive
      What would you recommend in America? Which cities and towns are really typical but not too touristic?

I'm glad you liked it. That episode was just calling out for me to make some avies

And with this, I'm throwing in two Laura Vandervoort ones:
      Those avi's are HOT

Comment

Hey!
        I loved your Laura avies! They have a great coloring and the cropping is just great
        Keep it up!

Comment

Hey, Liesl, if you want, you can take a peek in my short stories thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
            Woohoo! I wonder what I'll throw in... my clothes? LOL, kidding! Awesome avi's!!
            Hahahaha Yeah, I'm just throwing those avatars at anyone right now :P No, I just wanted to share them with everyone It seems like I'm doing a lot of avatars from her pictures now, but that's because the week-rule on new episodes and since you provide us with new Laura-pictures, she keeps popping up Glad you like 'em

Originally posted by Smallville Gone Bizarr
            Those avi's are HOT
            Enjoy 'em while you can, Matt

Originally posted by Jill
            Hey!
            I loved your Laura avies! They have a great coloring and the cropping is just great
            Keep it up!
            Seeing she's a blonde, she's a great person to practice colouring techniques on for making my avatars. I'm happy to read so many people think I'm doing it right I'll need another subject soon, hopefully they'll turn out as well as the Laura ones do

Originally posted by lauraforever
            Hey, Liesl, if you want, you can take a peek in my short stories thread.
            I went and took a peek. I must say, Jan, I'm not much the person for adult fan fic... it kinda cracks me up at times. but you do a great job. have fun with it

Comment

Beautiful avies

Comment

Yeah, Belgium is pretty cool :P Too bad it's a small rainy country though When you're travelling Europe in the future, do make sure to see something in Belgium. It's worth the while
                I certainly will if we ever get the opportunity to travel.
                I've never been to Asia myself, but I'd love to see some of it as well someday. I met a Chinese girl when I lived in South Africa and she now lives in Vancouver, would be lovely to have her as a guide in China Asian culture really is inspiring and interesting, that's why I want to learn and see much more! It must be beautiful. But yeah, travel is expensive
                Yes, China is so large, you'd almost have to have a tour guide of some kind I think it would take a lifetime to see all the wonders of China. I agree that Asian culture is really inspiring & interesting (but of course I am biased ). What amazes me with Chinese culture in particular is that there is about 4,000+ years of written history and about 6,000 total of oral history... quite amazing. But yeah, travel is expensive.
                What would you recommend in America? Which cities and towns are really typical but not too touristic?
                Well, it really depends on what kind of things you like. America is VERY large with so many 100s of really cool cites/attractions... there is out west, it has it's own kind feel to it, very free, down south we have our own culture, up North has it's own culture, North East has their own culture also. Personally, I've lived in 6 states. I lived in California for almost a year. California is a state that has it all... some very large cities with plenties of attractions but it also has beautiful scenery. For instance in Northern California there is Yosemite National Park, it's awe inspiring with it's mountains, redwood trees (which are enormous), cliffs & waterfalls (during certain times of the year), it's just beautiful. Within a few hours there are also vinyards and San Francisco. San Fran has alot of beauty for a big city, it is touristy but it doesn't feel like it, if that makes sense. San Fran has the largest Chinatown in the US I think (or second largest, I can't remember). It has a Chinese Cultural Museum. There's the Golden Gate Bridge & park there also. I mean, depends on what you're into but there are tons of art muesuems, theater, and things of that nature too. Also close to the Golden Gate Bridge is Alcatraz, an infamous prison that was closed down for inhuman treatment of the prisioners then site to where Native Americans took over and rioted in the 70s, it's open for tours, it's kind of on a little island... that is the only thing I did not get to see myself. Also within a few hours drive from San Fran is Lake Tahoe in Nevada, has a ski resort, Lake Tahoe (huge!) is the second cleanest body of water in the World, very beautiful. And I mean all that is just Northern California. I lived in Kentucky most of my life and there is only one large city there, Louisville, home of the Derby (horse racing). But there is also something really cool there (that even I've not got to visit yet) in Kentucky called Mammoth Cave... tons of caves & caverns there, they say it's beautiful. Of course there are other awesome nature scence like the Grand Canyon of Coloradao. I hear Florida is a beautiful place to visit if you like beautiful beaches. California has beautiful beaches too, but in Northern California the ocean water is too cold for my liking, even in the summer! I hear Southern California the water is very warm. Oh also there is a scenic 17 mile drive in Northern Cali along the coast, has tons of cliffs and the ocean, and home of Pebble Beach (world famous golfing area). Another place I visited that was quite awesome was our nation's captial, Washington DC. I visited in during April, and there were all these Cherry Bloosm trees blooming (a gift from Japan long ago), it was beautiful. There is the Smithsonian Muesums there, I visited the Science section and got to see all these Dinosaur bones, and the huge T-Rex, etc. They also have many other sections of the Smithsonian, Art, Aviation, sheesh my mind went blank, but you get the idea. They have tours of the White House (which I did not do, I just went past there), and many other governmental buildings & sites. There is a Vietnam memorial close by. They also have a lot of authentic Chinese cuisine there also, which my hubby loved. One place I have yet to visit is New York City... I'd love to see the statue of liberty & a few other sites.

Sorry I wrote a book here! It's just that America is a huge place with tons of things to see and it just all depends on what you're interested in as to where to visit... but like I said, there is something here for everyone, of every religion, every nationality, every color. There are still so many places within the US I want to visit as well. If ya ever want to know anything else about it or website to look at, feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by svtwamedfan05
                  Beautiful avies
                  Thanks, abby, and welcome to my thread

Originally posted by SuperFidget
                  I certainly will if we ever get the opportunity to travel.
                  Yes, China is so large, you'd almost have to have a tour guide of some kind I think it would take a lifetime to see all the wonders of China. I agree that Asian culture is really inspiring & interesting (but of course I am biased ). What amazes me with Chinese culture in particular is that there is about 4,000+ years of written history and about 6,000 total of oral history... quite amazing. But yeah, travel is expensive.
                  Well, it really depends on what kind of things you like. America is VERY large with so many 100s of really cool cites/attractions... there is out west, it has it's own kind feel to it, very free, down south we have our own culture, up North has it's own culture, North East has their own culture also. Personally, I've lived in 6 states. I lived in California for almost a year. California is a state that has it all... some very large cities with plenties of attractions but it also has beautiful scenery. For instance in Northern California there is Yosemite National Park, it's awe inspiring with it's mountains, redwood trees (which are enormous), cliffs & waterfalls (during certain times of the year), it's just beautiful. Within a few hours there are also vinyards and San Francisco. San Fran has alot of beauty for a big city, it is touristy but it doesn't feel like it, if that makes sense. San Fran has the largest Chinatown in the US I think (or second largest, I can't remember). It has a Chinese Cultural Museum. There's the Golden Gate Bridge & park there also. I mean, depends on what you're into but there are tons of art muesuems, theater, and things of that nature too. Also close to the Golden Gate Bridge is Alcatraz, an infamous prison that was closed down for inhuman treatment of the prisioners then site to where Native Americans took over and rioted in the 70s, it's open for tours, it's kind of on a little island... that is the only thing I did not get to see myself. Also within a few hours drive from San Fran is Lake Tahoe in Nevada, has a ski resort, Lake Tahoe (huge!) is the second cleanest body of water in the World, very beautiful. And I mean all that is just Northern California. I lived in Kentucky most of my life and there is only one large city there, Louisville, home of the Derby (horse racing). But there is also something really cool there (that even I've not got to visit yet) in Kentucky called Mammoth Cave... tons of caves & caverns there, they say it's beautiful. Of course there are other awesome nature scence like the Grand Canyon of Coloradao. I hear Florida is a beautiful place to visit if you like beautiful beaches. California has beautiful beaches too, but in Northern California the ocean water is too cold for my liking, even in the summer! I hear Southern California the water is very warm. Oh also there is a scenic 17 mile drive in Northern Cali along the coast, has tons of cliffs and the ocean, and home of Pebble Beach (world famous golfing area). Another place I visited that was quite awesome was our nation's captial, Washington DC. I visited in during April, and there were all these Cherry Bloosm trees blooming (a gift from Japan long ago), it was beautiful. There is the Smithsonian Muesums there, I visited the Science section and got to see all these Dinosaur bones, and the huge T-Rex, etc. They also have many other sections of the Smithsonian, Art, Aviation, sheesh my mind went blank, but you get the idea. They have tours of the White House (which I did not do, I just went past there), and many other governmental buildings & sites. There is a Vietnam memorial close by. They also have a lot of authentic Chinese cuisine there also, which my hubby loved. One place I have yet to visit is New York City... I'd love to see the statue of liberty & a few other sites.

Sorry I wrote a book here! It's just that America is a huge place with tons of things to see and it just all depends on what you're interested in as to where to visit... but like I said, there is something here for everyone, of every religion, every nationality, every color. There are still so many places within the US I want to visit as well. If ya ever want to know anything else about it or website to look at, feel free to ask.
                  haha, that is quite some info. I'm a kinda science geek, so dinosaurs seem very interesting, but I need my nature walks as well... I'll have to plan that when I've got the money

Anyhow, thanks for the info

Here's some more stuff I created that I can put here already:
                  Last edited by Lieslchen; 01-26-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Love the new icons!
                    I like the Rokk one

Great work!

Comment

haha, that is quite some info. I'm a kinda science geek, so dinosaurs seem very interesting, but I need my nature walks as well... I'll have to plan that when I've got the money Anyhow, thanks for the info
                      You're Welcome! Sorry I got carried away there. I love to travel & sight see... so many cool places out there. I'm a science geek also.
                      Here's some more stuff I created that I can put here already:
                      Very cool. Love the icon of the CD Lois made for Clark from the Episode Crimson, that was too funny!
                      Last edited by SuperFidget; 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFidget
                        You're Welcome! Sorry I got carried away there. I love to travel & sight see... so many cool places out there. I'm a science geek also.
                        Very cool. Love the icon of the CD Lois made for Clark from the Episode Crimson, that was too funny!
                        Science geeks are da bomb No, as long as one knows their limits all can be cool of course

I loved the fact that they played out Lois' musical taste in that ep. I like Whitesnake as well, but that was over the top I just had to have an avi of that thing

Originally posted by Jill
                        Love the new icons!
                        I like the Rokk one

Great work!
                        Thanks Jill, I'm trying to make one of each Legion member and I wanted to do all three of them yesterday but I seem to have a lack of time Saturn girl and Lightning Lad will follow somewhere along the line

Comment

These are great. You inspire me to try to give photoshop another try.

Comment

Originally posted by llk6165
                            These are great. You inspire me to try to give photoshop another try.
                            woohoo, I would love to see your work llk

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Sorry, but I just HAD to do this:

he looked so goofy in that shot :P
                            Last edited by Lieslchen; 01-27-2009, 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Great new stuff Annelise! I especially like the last avy you added lol just love Tom's face on this one Your Clark avy with the blue eyes looks incredible too! Nice job!

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎