No announcement yet.

Liesl's fanart thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lieslchen
    Three new avies, I'm doing more on Laura Van der Voort with the recent new pictures

Awesome avies!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFidget
      Annelise, congrats on starting your own thread! I love all your avis, they're all beautiful.
      Thanks, Billie I see you've used one, glad to see that Enjoy it!

Originally posted by KalEltheBoyscout
      Awesome avies!
      Thanks, David, I'm trying to do the best I can to make them work

Comment

I made some Bulletproof avies. They're in the Spoilerthread.

More new ones:

btw... imageshack doesn't always show all of my avies so it seems... Anybody know what's up with that?

Comment

Three new avies, I'm doing more on Laura Van der Voort with the recent new pictures

More new ones:

btw... imageshack doesn't always show all of my avies so it seems... Anybody know what's up with that?
          Awww I like them! Love the Clark toon one. Imageshack gets wacky! They wiped out a bunch of my stuff a while back and I have to talk to them about it. They managed to get some back but not all. I rarely use them anymore cuz they're unreliable.

Comment

Yummy!!!! LOL!

Comment

congrats Anneliese on your thread..love the avys!! keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Thanks, Billie I see you've used one, glad to see that Enjoy it!
                You're Most Welcome. Thank you for making some awesome avis for us! And yeah, I couldn't resist using one, they are just so pretty! I was just wondering what your screen-name "Lieslchen" means?

Love those too.

Comment

Originally posted by TW1977
                  Awww I like them! Love the Clark toon one. Imageshack gets wacky! They wiped out a bunch of my stuff a while back and I have to talk to them about it. They managed to get some back but not all. I rarely use them anymore cuz they're unreliable.
                  Thanks, Deb! I just threw in the toon because I thought it looked cute. You gotta love cute stuff like that, don't you?
                  I'm going to try changing everything to photobucket, that seems to work for now... Crazy idea to even think of imageshack It is indeed a wacky thing, it does all kind of things to my pictures... Oh well. Now I know.

Originally posted by lauraforever
                  Yummy!!!! LOL!
                  Isn't she delicious, Jan? LOL. I just liked her new photos so much I had to do something with them

Originally posted by WELLINGWIFE#2
                  congrats Annelise on your thread..love the avys!! keep up the awesome work!
                  Thanks, Vanessa, glad you like my work I'm still picking up new techniques and I'm glad this last episode has so many good caps :P

You're Most Welcome. Thank you for making some awesome avis for us! And yeah, I couldn't resist using one, they are just so pretty! I was just wondering what your screen-name "Lieslchen" means?
                  Well Billie, I've been wondering how long it would take for anyone to ask. So here I go:
                  My actual name is Annelise (pronounced anna leeza for you english speaking people) and it is a German name. But I'm Flemish, so a lot of people take the pronunciation of the Dutch version of the name 'Annelies' (sounds: anna lees) because it is rarely used as a name in Belgium, but annelies is used frequently. So seeing that my name is quite unique and it sounds pretty, I'm pretty proud of my name. People tended to forget how to pronounce it, so one day a firend of a friend asked him if he wasn't going to spend the day with "Anneliesl" and that's when Liesl sprung to our minds. it has the right sound and it's a tad shorter, but it sounds fun. So Liesl became my nickname. And you might know that she is the oldest child of the Von Trapp family

Now, what happened is that someone wanted to make it sound cute and they just added the German diminutive -chen and it becamen Lieslchen. And now people call me both Liesl and Lieslchen but mostly the latter.

So now you know, it's just a nickname, but one with a meaning

Love those too.
                  Glad you liked those. More will follow when I have the time, I have a lot more caps to go through of that episode

Comment

Well Billie, I've been wondering how long it would take for anyone to ask.
                    Yup that's me, curious like a cat I've wanted to ask for a long while, I've seen ya around Deb's thread & over at Tom's Pic Thread, I think? But I was too shy to speak up and ask.
                    So here I go:
                    My actual name is Annelise (pronounced anna leeza for you english speaking people) and it is a German name. But I'm Flemish, so a lot of people take the pronunciation of the Dutch version of the name 'Annelies' (sounds: anna lees) because it is rarely used as a name in Belgium, but annelies is used frequently. So seeing that my name is quite unique and it sounds pretty, I'm pretty proud of my name. People tended to forget how to pronounce it, so one day a firend of a friend asked him if he wasn't going to spend the day with "Anneliesl" and that's when Liesl sprung to our minds. it has the right sound and it's a tad shorter, but it sounds fun. So Liesl became my nickname. And you might know that she is the oldest child of the Von Trapp family

Now, what happened is that someone wanted to make it sound cute and they just added the German diminutive -chen and it becamen Lieslchen. And now people call me both Liesl and Lieslchen but mostly the latter.

So now you know, it's just a nickname, but one with a meaning
                    Well... that's cool! Ok, I am going to ask some fairly dumb questions....
                    So you live in Germany but you are Flemish... don't laugh... but what is Flemish? I mean where is your family originally from then? Dumb Question #2.... so how do you pronounce "Lieslchen" for us English speakers? The first part is like "lees-l"? is the later part "chen" pronounced just how it is spelled?

I've actually heard of the name Annelise before and just how you explained the pronunciation too... it's a very pretty name.

Glad you liked those. More will follow when I have the time, I have a lot more caps to go through of that episode
                    Awesome, can't wait.

Comment

Yup that's me, curious like a cat I've wanted to ask for a long while, I've seen ya around Deb's thread & over at Tom's Pic Thread, I think? But I was too shy to speak up and ask.
                      Yeah, I've been hanging out on those threads. You're right Well, now you did and you've got your answer

Well... that's cool! Ok, I am going to ask some fairly dumb questions....
                      So you live in Germany but you are Flemish... don't laugh... but what is Flemish? I mean where is your family originally from then?

I don't live in Germany. As you can read in my location I'm currently living in Belgium, as I did for the biggest part of my life, spent a year in South Africa though. Speaking of Germany, I've been there last September, travelling through the country on my own by train, meeting new people, cleaning up my German.
                      But to answer your actual question. Flemish is actually the variant of Dutch spoken in Belgium. It is spoken in the region of Flanders, which is actually the north of the country. Inhabitants of this region are Flemish. I live in the county of Antwerp, maybe you've heard of the city somewhere... My family originates from both Belgium and the Netherlands.

Hope this is all clear to you?

Dumb Question #2.... so how do you pronounce "Lieslchen" for us English speakers? The first part is like "lees-l"? is the later part "chen" pronounced just how it is spelled?
                      Now you're asking me something quite difficult, because I based it on German pronunciation. I don't know what your knowledge in languages is, but I'll try to write it phonetically.
                      it's [līz'lKH'n]. Now I don't know how well you'll be able to read that, but it has a sound that doesn't really appear in English, except maybe in the word "loch".
                      You know how to say Gretchen right? I think that's the closest you may get to the real German sound... I'd have to find you an audio file to really let you hear it, but I'll accept the English pronunciation

I've actually heard of the name Annelise before and just how you explained the pronunciation too... it's a very pretty name.
                      Thanks

Awesome, can't wait.
                      I hope to get some done soon enough then Can't really promise, I'm so busy this week

Comment

You do fantastic work, Annelise! I think your name is very pretty, too!

Comment

I don't live in Germany. As you can read in my location I'm currently living in Belgium, as I did for the biggest part of my life, spent a year in South Africa though. Speaking of Germany, I've been there last September, travelling through the country on my own by train, meeting new people, cleaning up my German.
                          But to answer your actual question. Flemish is actually the variant of Dutch spoken in Belgium. It is spoken in the region of Flanders, which is actually the north of the country. Inhabitants of this region are Flemish. I live in the county of Antwerp, maybe you've heard of the city somewhere... My family originates from both Belgium and the Netherlands.
                          Hope this is all clear to you?

Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood about where you live. I am not so good with European geography, so I had to look up where Belgium is at on Google maps hehe.... I did know it was in Europe and close to Germany and all that And yup, that pretty much clears that up. I hope that I don't come off as dumb American hehe... I am a mutt, my descendants are from Ireland, England, Germany, & Native American, but I never knew much about any of that.... my husband is Chinese, so my interests have been more of the Asian persausion... but it's cool to learn about new people and new places, so thanks for explaining it all to me.
                          Now you're asking me something quite difficult, because I based it on German pronunciation. I don't know what your knowledge in languages is, but I'll try to write it phonetically.
                          it's [līz'lKH'n]. Now I don't know how well you'll be able to read that, but it has a sound that doesn't really appear in English, except maybe in the word "loch".
                          You know how to say Gretchen right? I think that's the closest you may get to the real German sound... I'd have to find you an audio file to really let you hear it, but I'll accept the English pronunciation

Hmm, well. Yeah that makes sense, and I do know how to say Gretchen. I guess I'd just have to hear it for it to make sense in my head... like you said. Well, either way, you do have a pretty name, so again, thanks for taking the time to explain the meaning of your nickname

I hope to get some done soon enough then Can't really promise, I'm so busy this week
                          Oh, no worries, we all understand you artists have outside lives to attend to also. But we will be anxiously awaiting you new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by HeartChakraBabe
                            You do fantastic work, Annelise! I think your name is very pretty, too!
                            Welcome to my thread, Trina, and thanks for the compliments I'm happy to see so many people coming by to visit and dropping me a line, it's great motivation

Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood about where you live. I am not so good with European geography, so I had to look up where Belgium is at on Google maps hehe.... I did know it was in Europe and close to Germany and all that And yup, that pretty much clears that up. I hope that I don't come off as dumb American hehe... I am a mutt, my descendants are from Ireland, England, Germany, & Native American, but I never knew much about any of that.... my husband is Chinese, so my interests have been more of the Asian persausion... but it's cool to learn about new people and new places, so thanks for explaining it all to me.

Don't worry, Billie. I'm used to having to explain where I live, since many people don't know Belgium at all, let alone know that there are more people who speak Dutch than people who are native speakers of French. They do know that we have great chocolate though. Fries are a Belgian invention and are the best here, just like our waffles and beers
                            Just so you know, I guess there is a lot of things we don't really know about America besides what we see on television and hear through music... I'd love to go see the US once

Hmm, well. Yeah that makes sense, and I do know how to say Gretchen. I guess I'd just have to hear it for it to make sense in my head... like you said. Well, either way, you do have a pretty name, so again, thanks for taking the time to explain the meaning of your nickname
                            No prob and thanks

Oh, no worries, we all understand you artists have outside lives to attend to also. But we will be anxiously awaiting you new stuff
                            You'll be glad to notice new work in the spoilerthread then.
                            Last edited by Lieslchen; 01-25-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

They do know that we have great chocolate though. Fries are a Belgian invention and are the best here, just like our waffles and beers
                              Well Belgium has to be cool then.. chocolate, fries, waffles, & beer, woo hoo
                              Just so you know, I guess there is a lot of things we don't really know about America besides what we see on television and hear through music... I'd love to go see the US once
                              That's cool, I'm sure you'd like it here, whether you like big cities or the country, there's something here for everyone My husband and I would love to travel across Europe one day, so many countries there we'd like to see. We'd also love to see several countries in Asia, like China, Japan, Singapore (where my brother is living) and of course my hubby's homeland of Taiwan. Maybe one day if we ever get the time & money!
                              You'll be glad to notice new work in the spoilerthread then.
                              Those were all beautiful, my favs are the ones of Clark

Comment

Well Belgium has to be cool then.. chocolate, fries, waffles, & beer, woo hoo
                                That's cool, I'm sure you'd like it here, whether you like big cities or the country, there's something here for everyone My husband and I would love to travel across Europe one day, so many countries there we'd like to see. We'd also love to see several countries in Asia, like China, Japan, Singapore (where my brother is living) and of course my hubby's homeland of Taiwan. Maybe one day if we ever get the time & money!
                                Those were all beautiful, my favs are the ones of Clark
                                Yeah, Belgium is pretty cool :P Too bad it's a small rainy country though When you're travelling Europe in the future, do make sure to see something in Belgium. It's worth the while
                                I've never been to Asia myself, but I'd love to see some of it as well someday. I met a Chinese girl when I lived in South Africa and she now lives in Vancouver, would be lovely to have her as a guide in China Asian culture really is inspiring and interesting, that's why I want to learn and see much more! It must be beautiful. But yeah, travel is expensive
                                What would you recommend in America? Which cities and towns are really typical but not too touristic?

I'm glad you liked it. That episode was just calling out for me to make some avies

And with this, I'm throwing in two Laura Vandervoort ones:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎