No announcement yet.

What are the ratings for this show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the ratings for this show?

Do people actually watch this? I tried to and just didnt make it through the first half hour.

I love the show. Hope it comes back for many years!!!

Comment

I watch it and I love it!

Comment

Seriously? Im not feeling the original vibe from it when I see it.

Comment

Every TV series has to find out what works and what doesn't during a first season, what the show is and what it can be. Sure the ratings will go up and down (even though I believe that ratings are a made up thing anyway for everything) but that is the process for a first season. It happened with Smallville, Alias, Buffy, Friends, The Simpsons, Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Star Trek and the list goes on and on. The real reason why the shows lasted as long as they did/ have is because they make a lot of money overseas, course things are different now cause of crappy over rated reality TV shows taking over and is the main reason why so many scripted shows get the axe.

Originally posted by biggkoz
          Seriously? Im not feeling the original vibe from it when I see it.
          Comparing it to the original means that deep down you want the show to fail. I recently seen the new show (a couple I know works in the US during various times of the year and they recorded every ep for me and showed it to me when they visited on the weekend) and I just love it, I love the original show but I am not comparing them.
          They got to do things to make it different from the original cause if they make too much like the original then people will get bored say things like "seen it all before" then bang the show is gone and it happens with movies too.
          Let me give you a couple of examples, in the Alien film franchise for example the second film 'Aliens' is different for the first film 'Alien' and that was their attention, rather then copying everything from the first time they took the best from it's predecessor so 'Aliens' was not just a sequel but a movie on it's own.
          For a TV show example I will say 'Doctor Who' will be the best example to explain. When that restarted 4 years ago many fans of the original hated it, picking things they didn't like about it and made them bigger then they really are. Both the original and the current show are really different from each other but the core is the same which is a man with a time machine travelling through space and time either alone or with a companion but they are both different from each other. The main differences are the writing/ story telling, the acting, the style and the look of the show. If you don't like the show, give it time. I hope NBC pays attention to what it's reception is overseas, if they did it for Friends (one of the main reasons why FRiends lasted as long as it did) surely they will do it for Knight Rider.
          Last edited by drew-crypto84; 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Im not feeling micheal or kitt in this new show. And yes I wouldnt loose any sleep if the show was cancelled. It just seems too modern day techy for me. The old show was a good show about a guy trying to figure stuff out and bust the bad guy. The new one seems like its all about how fancy they can make kitt and the show look. Heres also a review about how it might not continue.

Comment

It's not that I want the show to be a complete carbon copy of the original but I do think that they need to keep the format that WORKED before and loose the crap that they were trying to do. Thankfully, this is already in the works and I think the show is now on the right track. As for Mike and KITT I love them and think that they are the best part. I can see this Mike as the son of the original, there is just something about him and I think he brings the same kind of lone warrior with a wink and a crooked grin that David did. Now as for the networks renewing it, as far as I'm concerned the only way it has a chance is if there is someone in the network that believes in this show and fights for it because as far as I can see that's the only way they give shows that aren't huge hits a chance. From what I've seen if it isn't in the top 20 out of the gate most networks just drop it and piss off the fans that took the time to invest. Hopefully this show finds the support it needs to get it through the transition it's in right now.

Comment

Ill agree and say this new show is too "newish" or something. The older one was less flashy.

Comment

The problem I really have is KITT... i mean.. Transforming isn't a bad concept, it is the core principle of transformers and look how that movie turned out, but when it was "introduced" in the series VIPER i really REALLY hated it. Here in Knight Rider, I just hate it because he transforms into a grossly attack mode and into an F150. I really do not like the looks of it. I do like the gt500KR that he is in a pure looks form, but I guess it would have been much much more interesting to see him in the new camaro form and NOT turning into a silverado just for product placement. I just hate when he gets into a f150.

I really liked that over the episodes KITT got upgrades on the original series. Turbo boost wasnt that TACKY and fake (on the originals the car did fly around though... later episodes got tacky with the modeling cars). Still I think they can do a better job with KITT. Keeping all that stuff "intact" and developing the characters into modern day situations would really make this show awesome.

Comment

I love this show, I love where it's going, the story's are a bit **** yeh and plots could be way better but that will improve, on something like this it's quite hard to know what do with kitt and you just have to break that first season, set some settings in motion.

We've already see karr in the opening cutscene, lets just give it time The actors are getting their act together.

Comment

I really do hope that the network execs takes note that KR is one of the most watched shows by way of DVR.

Though I believe it would be next to impossible to bring the original kitt car in to the show. (bec kitt 2k is a gmc car, kitt 3k is a ford), I hope they can do something like put kitt in an independent module. (they did this in the original show, when the car went haywire after being shocked by high tension wires). It would be fun to watch kitt 2k having a conversation with kitt 3k, without having to really bring in the original car. It would probably be cheesy as hell, but it would be a great fan service for what could be concievably the very last episode.

Comment

i don't think anyone should just the series as it has only just start started, especially those who have only seen one episode, or those who have just started to watch the show.

Comment

The ratings for the show for this past season was 11. Not million, just 11 people! In fact you are all here today on this post! Congratulations and welcome! Show was canceled! THANK JESUS!

Lets talk about how the car did this or that or lets really face the fact it was a freaking 40min long commerical for FORD thus they kept paying the bills even though a) nobody watched the show and b) it was a mainstream joke and part of the reason NBC is last in the ratings this year!

Good riddance KR!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎